⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh I never really rated Smokey Jack like that tbvh even though the hype around him at that time after that Barca performance was actually insane.

Most of the press and PL fans had him tipped to be the English answer to the likes of Xavi and Iniesta

Ramsey was always the better player imo, good shout though

Just goes to show how unpredictable these dudes careers can be, from injuries to personal life to ego etc. So many factors at play on who make it who doesn’t and how long they stay there if they do make it. A lot of people don’t make it and even out of the ones who where clearly talented that talent alone isn’t enough cause **** can change quick
Most definitely, so many things can go wrong to derail a burdgeoning or established career. All makes you respect the ones who manage to sustain a high level for a long period of time that much more because they're legit in the top 1% of all players in that regard :lol:

The vast majority might have zero or just a season or 2 at most of elite play.

Straight up cursed when it comes to Brazilians and Argentines :lol: :smh:

Wonder if it would've been different had Fergie signed 'Dinho from P$G like he wanted to

Knowing our luck with South Americans he probably would’ve left middle of the season due to the rain :lol:

As a fan no transfer fail has come close to missing out on him. Closest is maybe Hazard when we wouldn’t pay the agent fee

Yea that's gotta be one of the biggest what ifs ever, a young and hungry Dinho in his prime playing for Fergie :sick:

It still worked out for both though with Ron getting signed after and him becoming the best in the world at Barca but still...

Hazard might be the biggest case of transfer blue balls :lol:

Looked almost nailed on only for him to announce he was joining the Blues after they beat Bayern in the final :smh:

Was struggling to think of a goalkeeper

Begović

Rafael
Jonathan Woodgate
Ledley King
Royston Drenthe

Denilson
Yoann Gourcuff
Ravel Morrison

Adriano
Pato
Mario Balotelli

Honorable mention

Quaresma
Gotze
Antonio Cassano
Alexander Hleb
Veron
Alex Song
Sergio Canales
Bojan
Deulofeu
Excuse the trash formation but it's so much easier to think of Mids/forwards than defenders :lol:

Ochoa
Kurzawa Phil Jones Micah Richards
Anderson Van Der Vaart
Robinho Gotze Quaresma
Adriano Balo​

HM (There's way too many to count):
Ben Arfa
Pato
Joe Cole
Walcott
Ravel Morrison
Macheda
Sturridge
Gio Dos Santos
Asamoah Gyan
Gurcouf
Bojan
Cassano
Arshavin
Adu (OG Pulisic)
Denilson

Wanted to add Michael Owen just cause of how high his ceiling looked early but can't say he exactly wasted his career when he still won a B'Dor and PL :lol:

Was stupid hard coming up with a keeper since they only really get hype when they're proven

Rafhina
M'Vila
Hulk
Max Meyer
Marco Fabian
Halilovic
Turan
Kleberson
Babel
Joe Cole
Bendter
Drenthe
Macheda
Pennant
Berahino

8C79BB8B-A4C9-4DE7-B2D4-C4ACB51074C1.gif

Damn shame

Still remember the first time I saw the boy play. He was like 18yo away at Blackpool.

He's touching the ball all nice, the way I like it, but what really made me notice him was he kept tussling with ol boy Charlie Adam, who was at least 29 and already having been to hell and back.

18yo Jack was for real banging it out with him in the middle. Just giving Adam all the dog he could handle and 2x more.

At 18 it was even more impressive than his skill or technical. :lol:

Still remember the first time I saw the boy play. He was like 18yo away at Blackpool.

He's touching the ball all nice, the way I like it, but what really made me notice him was he kept tussling with ol boy Charlie Adam, who was at least 29 and already having been to hell and back.

18yo Jack was for real banging it out with him in the middle. Just giving Adam all the dog he could handle and 2x more.

At 18 it was even more impressive than his skill or technical. :lol:

:lol: Yeah scrappy doo never backed down from any challenge. Pic perfectly sums up his attitude on the pitch
8BFC81CB-E058-40E5-B55B-52AB8C75AE38.jpeg

Shame the injuries did him in can’t believe he’s still under 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom