⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there's more than one top 5 league that would be interested in Pavon. Arsenal were actually interested until Boca overpriced him. At the end of the day, the guy is 23 and not a washed has-been. MLS didn't get young guys like Pavon in the past.

I don't care for the Galaxy and actually prefer LAFC, but if the Galaxy win the MLS Cup and Zlatan uses it as a platform to keep talking mess about the league, I'd be all for it. Don't get me wrong, I will continue to support MLS and believe it's continued growth is important if the US hopes to make a blip in the footy world, but the obnoxiousness of some within the American game is tiring.

jape jape and don’t compare Bruno to De Long. De Jong is a great holding midfielder, he orchestrates the movement of the ball when he’s under the CB’s. He technical....,,

But Bruno is an extremely way more versatile Midfielder than De Jong. So top that. They’re completely different players.

If de Jong went for 75, Bruno should go for about the same. And you barely have watched Bruno jape jape :lol:

Last time you saw Bruno play when was he outplayed the F out of De Jong in the Nations League Final. Miss me with that bruhv :lol:

If Bruno had the juice like that I feel like he would've been snatched up by now tbh with the money clubs are spending nowadays.

Especially with his league stats last season but for whatever reason,most of the big clubs linked to him by Portuguese media flat out denied their interest or opted for other options

I don't doubt he's good but for the price Sporting seemingly want,doesn't seem they have any willing takers which is strange.

I don’t think you can deny his talent.

More so an issue with clubs not wanting to pay his premium. City doesn’t need him.

United, however, did and still does need him or a player like him. They swung and missed on Eriksen and Dybala. I just think it’s damage control.

I mean United were denying interest all summer though not just on deadline day or this week. They didn't deny interest in the others you mentioned they struck out on or Longstaff

Just don't think they see a fit with a forward playing MF who loses possession a lot when we already have one in Pogba with little cover at DM/holding mid as it is especially for premium price.

Would make sense as a replacement though

If Bruno had the juice like that I feel like he would've been snatched up by now tbh with the money clubs are spending nowadays.

Especially with his league stats last season but for whatever reason,most of the big clubs linked to him by Portuguese media flat out denied their interest or opted for other options

I don't doubt he's good but for the price Sporting seemingly want,doesn't seem they have any willing takers which is strange.

Please bro, Bruno would have made that United midfield way better.

And the price isn’t that much considering what De Jong went for.

If Bruno Fernandes namebwas “Brandon Fletcher..... he’s be worth €120.

This honestly just sounds like Man United trying to “save face”. Their PR team is top notch. They have lots of propaganda power.

So United scouted him for 8 months, made unofficial bids behind closed doors all summer and now they changed their mind all of a sudden. Bull ****

And as for Bruno giving the ball the away, that’s an honest and fair criticism. But the reason why his pass percentage is so low is because HE IS the midfield at Sporting.

Bruno is Sporting’s box to box midfielder, he’s the attacking midfielder, and he plays the false 9. He’s all over the midfield.

So of course his pass percentage is going to be low, he has to make risky passes for the forwards to score when he's in the number 10 role.

Yea. This definitely sounds like United trying to spin things. We scouted this man for damn near a year, and only now realized he gives the ball away?.....Yea ok.

Is this the same United that doesn't play a possession style of football trying to feed me that they're concerned about his possession? United, have shown in the past decade to have inept and incompetent folks at board room level, and fail in the transfer market, time and time again.

Last edited:
Please bro, Bruno would have made that United midfield way better.

And the price isn’t that much considering what De Jong went for.

If Bruno Fernandes namebwas “Brandon Fletcher..... he’s be worth €120.

I don't doubt it since we lost 2 MFers without adding anyone,just dunno how well of a fit it would be with the personnel we have rn. With a decent holding mid sure,him and Pogz could be nasty without having to worry as much about defensive duties but that's not the case. Matic is done just about and McTominay and Pereira still have a lot to prove.

Think Frenkie is a different case given he was a big part of a CL semi-final squad. Everyone and their mother was after him after. No one's seemingly been after Bruno like that. Bernardo Silva is a better comp for Frenkie. A lot of clubs were after him after that magical Monaco run

Of course if he was British he'd be unaffordable :lol:,Newcatle were quoting United 50m pounds for a 21 year old who's only had 9 starts in the league on a relegation bound side ffs...

Matic, pogba, and who is the last midfielder?

And no one is saying Bruno isn’t talented but maybe not enough for a 70 million price tag
Cause I mean if he was I would assume more teams would be linked.

Ndombele went for 55 million pounds.
Is Bruno better than ndombele?

Even Madrid would rather go for van de beek or eriksen

Maybe he is better than all of them. I really don’t know. I’m just using the logic I have of all the clubs that weren’t interested

Matic, pogba, and who is the last midfielder?

And no one is saying Bruno isn’t talented but maybe not enough for a 70 million price tag
Cause I mean if he was I would assume more teams would be linked.

Ndombele went for 55 million pounds.
Is Bruno better than ndombele?

Even Madrid would rather go for van de beek or eriksen

Agreed on all this. Bruno is good. But 70M good? I can’t say. United (and Real and Tottenham and every club) deemed him not to be. I would’ve loved to have gotten him at United, but it is what it is. I like the moves we did make.

To answer your first question... McTominay has been promising, and I still hope Fred can figure it out at some point. He’s looked good at times (was really good against PSG last year) but doesn’t seem to have that consistently. You know he’s got the talent in there though when Pep was a big fan and trying to sign him a couple years ago too. Would love for OGS to bring out the best in him, hopefully having a strengthened backline will help.

I think Bruno Fernandes would have fit in with the way United are trying to play now. He's a technical all action midfielder who's intense and "plays for the badge"(he's got the the DNA :rolleyes). United should have bought a minimum of two midfielders this summer. I'm in the same boat as sneaksoy sneaksoy with regards to Fred. I'm hoping that he'll turn it around and starts playing consistently well, like we think he can.

Why did no British journos report that we were in for Bruno? Seems like all the noise was from Portugal. :emoji_thinking:

Because it seems like British news outlets deleted tweets and articles for rumors that don’t come to fruition.

Example:

I think Bruno Fernandes would have fit in with the way United are trying to play now. He's a technical all action midfielder who's intense and "plays for the badge"(he's got the the DNA :rolleyes). United should have bought a minimum of two midfielders this summer. I'm in the same boat as sneaksoy sneaksoy with regards to Fred. I'm hoping that he'll turn it around and starts playing consistently well, like we think he can.

I think Bruno and Pogba have similar games, they occupy a lot of the same spaces, but with the right defending midfielder (who United should have bought as well, it would have been a joy watch them playing together.

Why did no British journos report that we were in for Bruno? Seems like all the noise was from Portugal. :emoji_thinking:

Bro, come on stop. The United and Bruno connections/rumors were being reported out of of England just as much. I’m Top United journalists have said numerous times that Bruno was (and probably still is) on the list.

Did Lisbon papers start over exaggerating during the final two weeks of the transfer window, yes. But the Bruno and United connection has been there since January.

Regardless I still think Bruno will eventually be a United player. Maybe in January or next season when Pogba goes to RM

If its a trophies argument Bernardo won 4 domestic trophies was chosen as the player of his team and an international trophy while being the best player on that team for that nations league run. Not even trying to be s homer but the logic for making this list isn’t consistent with what they say matters
Cr7> Bernardo... not even close

Bernardo not even the best player at his club, don’t care what his teammates voted him. Luke Shaw was our player of the year last year b.. lmfaoooo Luke Shaw!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom