⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madrid Boiis checking in;

for a bit of silver lining we were playing some of our best footy before Eden came back. Wonder if we’re gonna flood the midfield against City and try to control the pace of the game?

it’s gonna be a fascinating game of Chess between ZZ and Guardiola

If I were Zidane, I'd start Vinicius and Bale. Both have the pace to expose our shaky FBs and force our CBs to defend on the counter. We struggle against pacy players baaaaad. They dont even need to be good just run at our backline and we will crumble lol.

Valverde, Casemiro and Modric mid. I dont think RM need to overrun our mid, just pack the middle and cover our runs out wide.

If you guys can be very disciplined on defense we will get impatient especially if yall grab a goal first.

February 25th, big date in recent United history...

:pimp:

Also

The legend and Korean engine, Iron lung Park :smokin :smokin :smokin

Would've said he's easily the best player from Asia to play in the Prem in the past but Son probably took over the title but still one of my favorite United players of all time :pimp:

Was so reliable in big moments and matches for Fergie, covered damn near every blade of grass on the pitch :lol:

Yes please

The club apparently wants to start planning on getting summer targets signed this month, would prefer Grealish to Maddison and he'd probably be cheaper

Last edited:
Saying that Hazard won’t singlehandedly fill the void left by CR7 is not a bold statement. Nobody can replace Messi or CR7’s consistent 50 goals a season by themselves. People are making up a false narrative of the mood of Madrid fans after the deal. Nobody looked at Hazard as the savior or thought the move immediately put as back into the top tier. The deal happened because he’s a great player, played a position of need, and it was an easy transfer to pull with him keen and having one year left on his deal.

I’m in medical school, just wrapped up some exams after cramming for the weekend.

The Hazard stuff to me is bait. it’s not like the knicks getting amare on a guaranteed max after multiple knee surgeries where you knew he was injury prone. If you can predict injuries on non-injury prone players then congratulations you have a future making lots of money as a consultant for clubs.

Also I saw this slide coming. If you guys remember a few days before we dropped from first I said I hope Atletico knocks out Liverpool so they can join the rest of us in shambles. Implying we were already in shambles before the weekend.

How many more years of med school do you?

Man, I'm gonna miss the Bayern match today. Gonna have to catch it a couple hours after most likely. Gonna stay away from updates if possible and watch it as soon as I can. Just saw that no German team has ever won at Stamford bridge in the knockout stages. Would be great to break that streak today. Hope to see a 1-0 or 2-0 victory with the defense looking shored up finally. Let's see what happens, but should be a very fun match. Need our get back for 2012

Saying that Hazard won’t singlehandedly fill the void left by CR7 is not a bold statement. Nobody can replace Messi or CR7’s consistent 50 goals a season by themselves. People are making up a false narrative of the mood of Madrid fans after the deal. Nobody looked at Hazard as the savior or thought the move immediately put as back into the top tier. The deal happened because he’s a great player, played a position of need, and it was an easy transfer to pull with him keen and having one year left on his deal.
Did you really have a need for a L winger? I thought madrid needed a goal scorer which is why I thought his purchase didn't make much sense. Felt like his purchase was more of a luxury than an actual need

U-17 Euros:
ERkJzMRXYAMl5j6

3 years later

How BVB managed to land a bigger and faster teen Lewa and a more talented and naturally gifted teen Reus is insane :sick: :sick:

Did you really have a need for a L winger? I thought madrid needed a goal scorer which is why I thought his purchase didn't make much sense. Felt like his purchase was more of a luxury than an actual need

Imo we did need a player in that position, and Mbappe wasn’t happening just yet and Neymar was too expensive, injury prone, and had his issues. Anyone who watched Vinicius the season before saw that he’s talented but still raw and it would have been unfair to put that pressure on him.

Flo tried getting Lewa but Bayern wouldn’t budge (even after Lewa changed his agent to push for the deal) and decided against scumbag Icardi. Benz is also fine at his position and ended last season/started this one in great form. At the beginning of the season, having Bale and Asensio as two RW options didn’t seem too bad either. Sometimes things are also a matter of timing/who’s available too. Yes Mo Salah, Mbappé, and Lewa woulda been nice, but none were happening. None of the clubs had any reason to sell and RM are very much against being part of making the current market any crazier than it already is. Which is why they’ve been focusing more on getting young players.

The Hazard deal wasn’t perfect, but we needed someone there and it was an easy transfer. There’s really not much else to read into it. His first injury was annoying because it probably had to do with a lack of conditioning. But these last two were freak occurrences that came as a result of getting kicked by Meunier.

How many more years of med school do you?

In my first year. It’s brutal :lol: I always knew it would be difficult but never could predict the relentlessness of the pacing/workload. The challenge and pushing yourself to new limits/trying to be better is cool though.

But def gotta improve my day-to-day work/life balance. I find my go-to hobby refreshing this thread and reading too much about footy, which is cool, but as much as I appreciate all y’all and the beautiful game I gotta cut back and make some more time to be active again. Iirc correctly you were in healthcare too right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom