⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the Argentine media has been absolutely brutal with Messi and the rest of his amigos: Aguero, Di Maria, and don’t even get me started on Higuain. That said, Argentina never looked toward Europe to “fill the void,” they just look to the past and continue to idolize Diego.

I will say that the country and media seem to have grown much more appreciative of Messi and the amigos over these last few years (with the exception of Higuain, who’s basically a leper in Argentina).

I don’t think Brazil looks at Ronaldo as filling a void. They just admire and grew to like him and respect the him As good as Neymar is, he doesn’t get respect from many people, not just Brazilians (for the many reasons which we stated)

It wasn’t always like this with Brazil and Ronaldo tho. When Ronaldo was at United Brazilians didn’t like CR7, they couldn’t stand the dude. I heard alot of Brazilians say “oh he was lucky, that’ll never happen again”

Serial winners have a tendency to change Public opinions and their legacy throughout time (except for maybe Kevin Durant)

Coupé It Coupé It look at this bull

1591158664541.png

damn, they didn't even try :rofl:

Well obviously I disagree. I think Liverpool can be the place where he finds joy, rhythm, and confidence with his football again. Look at what Klopp has done for former trashmen like Milner, Shaqiri, and Ox.
Ehhh milner, ox, and Shaq weren't trash men. Especially millie, made man before he came to us.

I dont want dembele either, undisciplined at dortmund towards the end, and undisciplined at barcelona. Signing him is a step back for us right now.

I still think werner is pretty overrated. There's a reason NO top club is willing to pay more than 25-30 mill. IMO Nagelsmann is the mastermind. He's a hell of a manager and makes all the players perform better. He will be at a big club soon and one of the better managers in the world.

Thought Frank rated Tammy?
I’m pretty sure he does. I don’t see this as a slight against Tammy, if these reports are true.

We were always looking for another striker to replace Michy and Giroud. Also, he fits the mold for the hybrid striker/winger Frank seems to have been targeting.

I still see Tammy having plenty of opportunities if this transfer happens.

I still think werner is pretty overrated. There's a reason NO top club is willing to pay more than 25-30 mill. IMO Nagelsmann is the mastermind. He's a hell of a manager and makes all the players perform better. He will be at a big club soon and one of the better managers in the world.

Wait what

Werner has agreed to join Chelsea?

Always thought he'd be a Liverpool bound

From a chelsea perspective if they really pay 60m like the reports are saying it makes no sense to me. The only 2 other clubs (bayern/pool) both said they won't pay over 30 mill and then they come in and offer double?

Werner to Chelsea is fine by me, gets him away from 'Pool and probably rules the Blues out of the Sancho sweepstakes :lol:

Was wondering about Tammy because I doubt Werner would agree to join if he wasn't guaranteed a starting spot. Tammy would be a quality backup but he's had a strong season as the main no.9, not sure how he'd take a demotion.

Also wonder what happens with World Class now

Legit mind blowing to think that Ron in the background is 3 years older :rofl:

From a chelsea perspective if they really pay 60m like the reports are saying it makes no sense to me. The only 2 other clubs (bayern/pool) both said they won't pay over 30 mill and then they come in and offer double?

Agreed. Figures I will wait for the official statement from clubs

One thing that bothers me about Fjortoft's tweet. Financial reason? I find this hard to believe about Liverpool

Werner to Chelsea is fine by me, gets him away from 'Pool and probably rules the Blues out of the Sancho sweepstakes :lol:

Was wondering about Tammy because I doubt Werner would agree to join if he wasn't guaranteed a starting spot. Tammy would be a quality backup but he's had a strong season as the main no.9, not sure how he'd take a demotion.

Also wonder what happens with World Class now

Legit mind blowing to think that Ron in the background is 3 years older :rofl:

Can Werner play wing?

And I pray Sancho is staying with BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom