⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I want Portugal to have this....I don’t agree with this Champions League **** at all.

Everyone is going to think it’s tainted, like this Mickey Mouse tournament the NBA is having down in Disneyland.

I’m not sure why at RM they seem to believe Carvajal > Hakimi. For a team that struggles to score post-CR7 Achraf to me is the better player and fit. He also has youth on his side. I get that you can’t really bench either though, or guarantee a starting role.

As much as I want Portugal to have this....I don’t agree with this Champions League **** at all.

Everyone is going to think it’s tainted, like this Mickey Mouse tournament the NBA is having down in Disneyland.

I’m ok with playing all the matches in one city since the home stadiums would have been empty anyways, and understand the 2 leg format is to make sure each team plays a match in front of its fans. But at the same time having a second leg also gives time to plan and adjust. And there’s a difference between seeing who the best team is over 90 vs 180.

They should have left the same format just with all the games in one place. And done away with the concept of away goals.

It will always be remembered as the covid szn but still you are being extreme. There are gonna be some amazing matches and this will be a once in a lifetime opportunity. This feels like the old youth tournaments. A lot less theatrics with the crowdless atmosphere too

I don't think so. This is even more on the line on some winner takes all skeeze

I’m ok with playing all the matches in one city since the home stadiums would have been empty anyways, and understand the 2 leg format is to make sure each team plays a match in front of its fans. But at the same time having a second leg also gives time to plan and adjust. And there’s a difference between seeing who the best team is over 90 vs 180.

They should have left the same format just with all the games in one place. And done away with the concept of away goals.
Very true from a footballing point of view But given the circumstances I think this format is the smartest way to go about it. It’s already a huge risk.
Even still, 4 finals in a row is pretty exciting.

It will always be remembered as the covid szn but still you are being extreme. There are gonna be some amazing matches and this will be a once in a lifetime opportunity. This feels like the old youth tournaments. A lot less theatrics with the crowdless atmosphere too

I agree with flyeed flyeed ....... it’s not so much Lisbon or it being held in one city - it’s the fact that the CL is highest level of competition. You go into the game knowing there will be a second game. It’s tactical, it’s warfare with the greatest players on the planet.....

now when you make it one game.... it’s just....mehhhhhhh . I don’t like it.

I think the CL is the greatest tournament in all of football (maybe even Sports). Now 1 and done games for the CL? I’m not a fan. Sorry.

I think the German teams are at the biggest advantage with this format because of the DFB Pokal. The pokal is a single leg for the entire cup, so the teams are used to playing in that final type environment for a good number of matches every season vs the 2 leg format. The thing that sucks is it's literally only 3 days rest between every match from QF to final. All the leagues that just finished playing are gonna be toast and the german teams will be coming off a 2 month break since the bundesliga ended. Ligue 1 teams won't have played since february. So german and france teams will be super rusty. It'll be a huge ****show but I'm here for it :lol:

Fans of the CL-winning team will be celebrating as if it were any other season. Everyone else will be calling it a fake copa.

Exactly, you know it’s coming.

messi wins - Ronaldo haters will call it fake

Ronaldo wins - Messi haters will call it fake

City wins - automatic FAKE

PSG win - automatic FAKE

and to be honest I wouldn’t blame them. This is some Mickey Mouse bull ****. I want to see two games.

Exactly, you know it’s coming.

messi wins - Ronaldo haters will call it fake

Ronaldo wins - Messi haters will call it fake

City wins - automatic FAKE

PSG win - automatic FAKE

and to be honest I wouldn’t blame them. This is some Mickey Mouse bull ****. I want to see two games.

We're getting our treble. Don't worry about those other scenarios

I see both perspectives. The high stakes winner take all format works just fine for us in march madness or in the NFL. The NFL playoffs doesn’t seem any less tactical with this format (but then again they stop play and reconvene with coaches every 30 seconds.) And as fans we should be happy we’re getting anything. Even for the players they still get a shot to compete for a CL. So everyone wins.

But that said, it has the feel of a crap shoot, vs the more tactical mentally strong better side usually advancing with the normal format.

I think our eyes (and possibly the players) will tell us if the format will produce a legitimate champion by the time we reach the final.

y’all will get it too. Won’t be a treble....

it will be .5......... Split the champions league trophy in half :lol:

ElegantUnhealthyAustraliankelpie-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom