⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunate about Unzué.

And agreed on Pep. You don't just flip the scrip like that after all this time.

Pep’s employer actively profits off modern day slave labor.

1592494546456.gif

He would play on the right wing, but it's not happening, we have an inflated roster with various issues.

RW? He's a CAM and maybeeee a CF. No one is really sure yet if he'd succeed consistenly there. He plays the RW for Leverkusen sometimes, but it's one of those things where he only plays it when they need him to because the team is weak. He wants to play in the center mostly

His contract expires in 2022. Should give him and the buying club a great deal of leverage if he waits out the covid storm for another year.

His contract expires in 2022. Should give him and the buying club a great deal of leverage if he waits out the covid storm for another year.

He already said he isn't waiting another year. He wants to make a move this summer.

I see De Bruyne using the anti-clog soleplate and noticed it's no longer just black. Nike must have made some improvements to the composition of the plastic in order to make it another color besides black.

Looks to be an SG-Pro soleplate as opposed to anti-clog. SG-Pro is the best of both worlds and uses the boot's original soleplate.

This actually does not surprise me.

We see you Pep :pimp:

Need Eto'o's thoughts though :lol:

Pep is laughable here. Ed Alvarez roasted this tweet on Twitter referencing Roberto Carlos being actively monkey-chanted when the two played against each other at the Camp Nou. Spain and Italy are (largely) the most racist countries on the planet. Woke-Pep better go back and check himself.

Only time will tell then if the new reports of him being willing to wait for Real are correct. Leverkusen securing a CL spot should make it a bit easier for him to.

RW? He's a CAM and maybeeee a CF. No one is really sure yet if he'd succeed consistenly there. He plays the RW for Leverkusen sometimes, but it's one of those things where he only plays it when they need him to because the team is weak. He wants to play in the center mostly
For RM that's the only position where he would play consistently, but each of those positions have at least 3 players already at them. I don't see anymore moves that can potentially comprise acquiring Mbappe. It's all moot.

With his youth, I can see Zidane maybe attempting to have Havertz play as the furthest forward of the midfield three (essentially replacing Modric). The initial thought would otherwise be RW / RMF as a Bale replacement. I think Zidane is toying with converting to a 4-4-1-1, with Hazard playing free off Benzema, similar to the 15-16 and 16-17 seasons where you roughly had Modric, Case, Kroos, and Isco playing in a flat 4 behind Ronaldo with Benz up top.

Zidane will rid himself of either Vinicius or Rodrygo via loan moves. Bale will hang around but not make the squad. James doesn't realistically compete for a starting place. Camavinga to back up Case.

In the winger/cam/cf positions

Benzema
Jovic
Mariano

Isco
James
Reinier
Ødegaard
Oscar

Hazard
Vinicius
Bale
Rodrygo
Asensio
LV
Brahim

Some will be easy to loan/sell but then you got some guys that are immovable until their contact runs out. Trim the roster first then bring in players.

Last edited:
In the winger/cam/cf positions

Benzema
Jovic
Mariano

Isco
James
Reinier
Ødegaard
Oscar

Hazard
Vinicius
Bale
Rodrygo
Asensio
LV
Brahim

Some will be easy to loan/sell but then you got some guys that are immovable until their contact runs out. Trim the roster first then bring in players.

Jovic will be sold already. Mariano won't stick around.

James doesn't have a future under Zidane. Reinier is already on his way out on loan. Odegaard will be at Sociedad for the next year to finish the 2nd of the two-year loan. I don't think I've seen Oscar play yet.

Hazard starts. Vinicius or Rodrygo loaned out. Asensio stays now fit again. Bale remains benched. Brahim will continue to just get Copa del Rey time. Lucas Vasquez also seeking pastures anew or content with his minimal role.

EDIT: You're completely right. It's a bloated squad.

i thought madrid was hell bent on bringing Odegaard back next year?

havertz is the truth
I don’t see how him and odegaard coexist though

hazard was a terrible signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom