⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a tough game. Getafe was pin point defending. Real had trouble connecting with benz. Mendy and vini didnt mesh well. Mendy did good but personally think marcelo woulda done better this game in the starting lineup. Isco didnt show nada. Varane gettn subbed out kinda had us a lil shaky but Militao did his thing after ge got his groove on. Carvajal did good. Ramos automatic with penalties. Trying to remember last time he missed 1?

And getafe golie did well against us. What a save against vini that one time

I'm good on seeing Marcelo in an important match, Mendy doesn't have a great attacking presence but he does create some solid chances, today he had one early. Mendy is one of the biggest reasons the defense has turned around.

I'm still salty that RM knocked us out of the CL with 2 offside goals before VAR was being used so I'm gonna get these memes off cause they're still benefitting from BS with VAR

1593727242481.png

I thought he was talking about Benz, either way neither are a legit B'dor candidate, don't see us making it past City with the advantage they have.
He was talking about Ramos but I'd definitely give Benz a shout if I had a vote,might be having his best season this year lowkey.

This is a crazy stat though for Ramos

Sheesh

Dudes collect wunderkinds like pokemon :lol:

Yea I'm gonna need you guys to step in ASAP to prevent this vtotheinay vtotheinay :lol: :smh:

:rofl:

So apparently Benfica are in discussions with Emery about taking over after Poch rejected them

in all seriousness ramos has evolved in to a hell of a player...he just needed to "mature" (by his own standards)
when he was young and at rb he was food and such a hot head
he still has these lapses but with a good ref on his side he's been great

Don’t get it twisted, i’m sure Ramos still enjoys seeing Red during important matches.

Yea I'm gonna need you guys to step in ASAP to prevent this vtotheinay vtotheinay :lol: :smh:

Don't worry, all the top german sources said he only wants to go to a top club in the world and it's basically between us and RM. There's rumors we put up a bid of 75m + 25m in add ons which meets the asking price of 100m if he can perform like everyone thinks he will. Hopefully getting Sane helps push us over the edge to convince him to come to Bayern

Anyone seeing these Messi rumors??

55661cfbecad04c863e30455

giphy.gif

If it wasn't already a wrap before for Bartomeu's re-election chances next year, that possibility's surely gonna be the final nail :lol:

Scumbag Ramos automatic from the spot

Been on my mind, but this thread doesn’t give Ramos the respect he’s earned through his career. Unless you’re a salty Liverpool fan or a rival Barca fan, Ramos being referred to as “scumbag” is overkill.

In this thread, scumbag has been reserved for the likes of Icardi and Suarez. Sergio Ramos is miles above their class. He’s an undisputed legend as a winner and a captain. At 34 he’s still defending at the highest level and has expanded his technical abilities with free kicks and being a penalty wizard. He’s also the leader of the defense that’s allowed the least goals this season.

If you only read this thread and didn’t watch football, you’d have no clue of how good Ramos is. Meanwhile he’s recognized by the likes of Chiellini who just last month called him the best defender in the world.

I get that you can’t separate him from the antics and rash mistakes over the years, but I think it’s better to collectively appreciate the legend he’s cemented himself as before he retires rather than after. And calling him “scumbag” puts too much focus in the wrong place.

Last edited:
It’s funny this Messi stuff is going on now. I was just looking into his contract the other day because I suspected it could happen. They’re lucky covid forced the season to go on after his exit clause had already expired. Because if they ended the season empty-handed he could have been gone this summer.

Would have loved for Flo to send him an offer :lol:

Been on my mind, but this thread doesn’t give Ramos the respect he’s earned through his career. Unless you’re a salty Liverpool fan or a rival Barca fan, Ramos being referred to as “scumbag” is overkill.

In this thread, scumbag has been reserved for the likes of Icardi and Suarez. Sergio Ramos is miles above their class. He’s an undisputed legend as a winner and a captain. At 34 he’s still defending at the highest level and has expanded his technical abilities with free kicks and being a penalty wizard. He’s also the leader of the defense that’s allowed the least goals this season.

If you only read this thread and didn’t watch football, you’d have no clue of how good Ramos is. Meanwhile he’s recognized by the likes of Chiellini who just last month called him the best defender in the world.

I get that you can’t separate him from the antics and rash mistakes over the years, but I think it’s better to collectively appreciate the legend he’s cemented himself as before he retires rather than after. And calling him “scumbag” puts too much focus in the wrong place.
I call him that in jest mainly because of his antics and knack for getting sent off in big games :lol: but I agree that he's one of the greatest CB's tbh

What he's been able to do for club and country for such a long time, from that lanky looking kid from Sevilla with pop diva hair :lol: to one of the most decorated captains for club and country ever, is pretty remarkable. The fact that he's been responsible for so many goals to boot is pretty absurd. Got more career goals than a lot of elite forwards.

He does get a lot of hate, some of it warranted, but he's also definitely one of the :emoji_goat:'s from the time I've been watching footy

Ramos isn’t great a 1 vs 1 defender though. That’s actually his weakness imo and that’s why he was so bad at Rb. And That’s why he only flourishes when casemiro flourishes. He is great at anticipation and reading the game. Also playing from the back. he does what I wish every defender would do. Release the ball as quickly as possible. He’s also a great vocal leader on the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom