⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobility becomes an issue fast for average people, even at the 6'1 - 6'2 mark.

Then there's the dexterity required to use your feet effectively at that level. It's just rarely physically possible for guys 6'4+.

It's the most popular sport in the world and yet you can probably count the all time number of pro players 6'5+ on your hands and feet.

Outlier height just isn't a trait conducive to the demands of the game.

This is why NTFC is forcing me to be the Goal Keeper....... :smh:

F’in a-holes. All of you

(You’re pushing it with the 6’1 -6’2 remark tho. Plenty of good and technical footballers have been that height.

But I agree being short is an advantage in football. Lower center of gravity and balance.)

Just realized the NLD is on Sunday :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

wish we could have seen a Wenger vs mourinho NLD..would have been straight static in the air 🔥 :lol:

This is why NTFC is forcing me to be the Goal Keeper....... :smh:

F’in a-holes. All of you

(You’re pushing it with the 6’1 -6’2 remark tho. Plenty of good and technical footballers have been that height.

But I agree being short is an advantage in football. Lower center of gravity and balance.)

Definitely wasn't trying to say someone can't be technically skilled at that height. Just speaking on average, not even in the context of the pro game. I think that's around where you start to see an inverse relationship between height and directional mobility in a football context and probably coordination too.

Some people are just freaks though. Zidane probably close to 6'2 and moved like a God in terms of coordination and body control and I'd be surprised if we see another player of Ibra's caliber with a similar physical frame in our life time.

giphy.gif

Turn that up please :lol: :nerd:

Ole kills me... now he refuses to even talk about his OWN players lol

Poor Pogba
I'm. sure he wishes he could play with jordan henderson

I would be interested in Jovic.. think he would be a good options off the bench.

Wow Pelligrini back in La Farma. Wished his tenure at West Ham would of been better but at least he has players that wont play hoofball and run in straight lines :lol:

I dont feel like Havertz will thrive in Madrid. I think they need more than Casemiro as an anchor to free up Havertz. He can definitely play out from the back but hes not the quickest for counters. Havertz really can play multiple positions especially in attack but I dont see how Zidane will give him the freedom to. He'd be better off in Bayern or hell even at City or Barca. His passing and vision is A1 for a 21 yr old.

Man the water breaks in this Orlando Miami match is absolutely necessary these dudes look looks they jumped out a pool they sweating so much.

There's a reason the stadium at UF is nicknamed "the swamp". The more inland you go, the worse the humidity will be. There's no coastal breeze to move some of that heavy damp air out the way in order to provide a little bit of cooling. Without the water breaks, these guys will be more likely to cramp, or pass out from dehydration.

Most of y'all not built for these Florida summers.

i don't think havertz isn't going to madrid. i don't see them paying that price tag...especially with the current trend of their spending habits.
i think they are stacking bread for mbappe or magaaland
this happens with every prospect...link them with madrid or barca and the price goes up instantly

Speaking of Florida weather, I had my internship in Altamonte Springs during summer time. It took me days to get used with weather. I'm glad I went there. It helped me to overcome sugar food addiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom