⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the Bundesliga expanding anyways before this outbreak? Or was this an outcome of this unexpected emergency?

The bundesliga proposal is the worst **** I've ever seen. 22 teams?! That's a 42 game season. Which means an extra 8 gameweeks added to the current BDL schedule as it is with 18 teams. The only way to fit all those matches in is to start the season almost 2 months earlier, or have it go into the euros next summer which is really unfair for players. They'll have to pick between club or country. I don't see the brilliance of that at all. Honestly all the leagues should just cancel the season and do a top 4 playoff to crown the champion. They can do this as well for the teams that get promoted from the lower divisions as well. The teams at the bottom can be put into a playoff as well to determine who goes up/down. It would be better than expanding the league or just outright cancelling a season with no champion

The bundesliga proposal is the worst **** I've ever seen. 22 teams?! That's a 42 game season. Which means an extra 8 gameweeks added to the current BDL schedule as it is with 18 teams. The only way to fit all those matches in is to start the season almost 2 months earlier, or have it go into the euros next summer which is really unfair for players. They'll have to pick between club or country. I don't see the brilliance of that at all. Honestly all the leagues should just cancel the season and do a top 4 playoff to crown the champion. They can do this as well for the teams that get promoted from the lower divisions as well. The teams at the bottom can be put into a playoff as well to determine who goes up/down. It would be better than expanding the league or just outright cancelling a season with no champion
If they do it, I assume they would cut into that 5 week vacation you guys have

We’re in the footy thread boss

Take these comments to General
You're in the wrong place. Go volunteer and help fight the cause.
fetchimage

I think a lot of these situations are solvable. I think for prize money you can take into account what position on the table teams are in, how far of a lead the club ahead is, what percent of total expected revenue was made (and therefore how much you can even distribute in the first place) and do it according to that.

CL/Europa spots can have reasonably arranged playoffs.

I think if you get a group of top business/legal/and sporting minds, promo/rel is solvable too. The thing is that being in the top flight is so high stakes though that you might have to have subsidies/financial packages prepared for teams that get hit by it. Same with missing the CL/Europa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom