⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait just noticed take us home leeds united season 2 been out since sept?

Well deserved win for Antwerp. Absolutely atrocious first half from us, second one was much better not not nearly enough.

Antwerp's manager is currently under indictment for allegedly laundering money from the ringleader of a criminal matchfixing conspiracy by the way :lol: But he did win multiple league titles with Club Brugge

A chance for the young gunners to shine, COYG. Really want to see willock and nelson make a difference the most

A bit more on Antwerp's manager Ivan Leko:

Edit: The ringleader of the matchfixing conspiracy, a powerful football agent here named Dejan Veljkovic, told prosecutors that Leko took large payments (at least $200k) from money that Veljkovic illegally skimmed off player sales to the Club Brugge when Leko was the manager there. Veljkovic told prosecutors about the alleged kickback scheme after securing a cooperation agreement.
Leko's denies taking payments and his main defense argument is that someone who pleads guilty to cooperate (we didn't have cooperation agreements prior to 2017) can't be trusted/relied upon. Veljkovic was actually the very first high profile defendant to make use of the new cooperation agreement law, he then told on everyone else in addition to all the incriminating evidence prosecutors had already obtained.
Leko's lawyer also argues that Veljkovic did indeed offer Leko kickbacks from the embezzlement scheme several times but then claims Leko never accepted his offers. Yet somehow it never occurred to Leko to report the agent for embezzling funds and supposedly repeatedly unsuccessfully offering him kickbacks. He also conveniently never recorded or even memorialized these supposed unsuccessful offers.

Cooperation agreements are actually quite controversial here, especially when Veljkovic became the first to make use of the new law and ended up ratting out everyone else to get a lesser sentence. The outrage mainly focused on the fact that Veljkovic was the main target of the investigation as he was at the center of every crime, the people he told on were all lower level targets of the investigation like the refs Veljkovic bribed etc. Most of those people were already under indictment from evidence prosecutors obtained beforehand, for example via wiretaps on Veljkovic's devices etc, but of course the confirmation from Veljkovic strengthens all of those charges.

Last edited:
A chance for the young gunners to shine, COYG. Really want to see willock and nelson make a difference the most

Willock and Nelson, stand out players in the 1st half. Need Nelson to get a goal though. I do want to see Balogun get some minutes.

Pepe with a goal, early in the 2nd half. Willock with the assist.

It was from when y’all were up 3-0 and Coupé It Coupé It was posting mourinho Real Madrid memes

Please, I got Liverpool winning the league but it would be absolutely hilarious to see Mou win the EPL with god damn Spurs of all clubs. And see you, Rolaholic, and the rest of the world cry.

I will say this tho, every single league is funky *** hell right now. Everybody either sucks or looks like world beaters each game besides Bayern.

added FIFA 21 info on my post on the first page of this thread for anybody

Feels like yall been saying this for a year now :lol:
Zo.gif
I'm still a little optimistic since he has only been a gunner for a year so far but ngl ,the way he looks sometimes is rough.

He'll have some flashes where he beats 2-3 defenders and creates a chance or unexpectedly scores but if he doesn't contribute in a match, it feels like he hangs his head for the next 3, and just carries the ball into dead ends

Last edited:
I guess if we’re playing hypotheticals if Mou wins the league with Spurs what does that say about the league? it’s farmers, repeating Champions is very hard, the schedules are difficult for players. Spurs have had the capacity of players to do it time and time again

what does it say about Mou? when was Mou declared washed? We can agree he’s passed his prime tho right? They’ve started strong and a lot of other prospective teams have slipped points. Mou has a board of directors and owner that are in high school crush obsessive over him(If you saw the Spurs doc:lol:). Right place right time?
I love Carlo but I doNt see him taking Everton to glory.

And this is still early in the season I know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom