⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The fact that they can still potentially make it to the next WC is peak FIFA man :lol:

They conveniently only got banned until next year for the super soldier serum scandal

Sebastian Giovinco explains why Toronto FC are trying to bring in Napoli star Lorenzo Insigne to boost the MLS box office, even though the league is ‘not real football.’

The Atomic Ant was the first big Italian player to join Major League Soccer and Toronto FC when leaving Juventus in February 2015.

He won numerous trophies and awards there until his departure for Al-Hilal in January 2019, and he is now a free agent who could potentially return to Canada alongside Insigne.

In other interviews, Giovinco warned Insigne that moving to MLS would get him “off the radar” for the Italy squad, especially in the build-up to the 2022 World Cup.

“Maybe it won’t happen to him because he is already an important figure for Roberto Mancini, but that is what happened to me,” the Atomic Ant told Sky Sport Italia.

“All I can say is that at the time it was fun, competing against players of a high level, feeling I had something to give. Now with COVID and other things, MLS is on the slide. Lorenzo’s arrival might change that.”

When it is put to him that Major League Soccer isn’t competitive on a global scale, with some even calling it ‘exhibition’ football, Giovinco does not entirely disagree.

“It’s not real football, that’s something else. However, they’ve got good infrastructure and I’d make the decision again, especially for those figures. I advise this experience to anyone because my family and I want to live here, it’s a beautiful city.”

Toronto FC won the MLS Cup and the Supporters’ Shield in 2016-17, but have been empty-handed since 2018.

“Over the last two years, people have stopped going to the stadium, it’s been really empty. There were 30,000 in my day, I went recently and there were at most 2,000 people there.

“I understand the owners want to bring in Insigne, because there is a big Italian community in Toronto. The fans go there to have fun, you don’t get the obsession of Italian supporters.”

Would Giovinco advise that Insigne follow in his footsteps?

“These opportunities only come along once in a lifetime, but my situation was different. He is the captain of Napoli, whereas I couldn’t get playing time.”

stranger-things-fire.gif

One point
Late equalizers always hurt the mostly

I didn't watch the game. I attended a friend's funeral yesterday. The service time took a bit longer than usually due to the omicron incident. He was the second friend I lost because of COVID-19 in the last 90 day. It totally stinks

Just finished seeing the highlights from yesterday's game. Some plays had me WTF'd. I ain't gonna say anything about it

Accept the result and move on

I still believe in the squad. 18 PL games left to go. The next month of PL is a big challenge

Wishing Reece James and Christensen a speedy recovery. I am glad the footy month of December for Blues is over. I hope they find a way to overcome their December curse next year

Congratulations to Dave for his 450th appearance in blue
FH23obpWYAgKx9M

Have a great one and stay safe y'all

One point
Late equalizers always hurt the mostly

I didn't watch the game. I attended a friend's funeral yesterday. The service time took a bit longer than usually due to the omicron incident. He was the second friend I lost because of COVID-19 in the last 90 day. It totally stinks

Just finished seeing the highlights from yesterday's game. Some plays had me WTF'd. I ain't gonna say anything about it

Accept the result and move on

I still believe in the squad. 18 PL games left to go. The next month of PL is a big challenge

Wishing Reece James and Christensen a speedy recovery. I am glad the footy month of December for Blues is over. I hope they find a way to overcome their December curse next year

Congratulations to Dave for his 450th appearance in blue
FH23obpWYAgKx9M

Have a great one and stay safe y'all
Why aren’t y’all renewing him?

My condolences to you and your boys d3si d3si :ohwell:, it's really rough out there still |l

Was truly surreal and kinda wild to see everyone moving around like everything is back to normal again when I was in the States last week for the holidays.

Damn they're not messing around, props on them for taking the lead on that. Gonna be interesting to see if other countries/leagues join

Why aren’t y’all renewing him?

They tried. Dave rejected the renewal offer. He has achieved everything in England. I assume he's ready to go back to home next season. Plus he probably knows he will not play much if he stayed with the club (Gary Cahill situation)

My condolences to you and your boys d3si d3si :ohwell:, it's really rough out there still |l

Was truly surreal and kinda wild to see everyone moving around like everything is back to normal again when I was in the States last week for the holidays.

Damn they're not messing around, props on them for taking the lead on that. Gonna be interesting to see if other countries/leagues join

Thank you. Yeah, it's really rough, We were still in a shock. We never thought we'd see this happened, you know?

Speaking of the anti-vax athlete, it was wild that Kyrie Irving attended team practice in Brooklyn yesterday. I was like wasn't he banned go to team practice as well?

didn't watch the game. I attended a friend's funeral yesterday. The service time took a bit longer than usually due to the omicron incident. He was the second friend I lost because of COVID-19 in the last 90 day. It totally stinks

Condolences bro, that’s awful

I'd be upset if A-Roid visited my club :lol:
If I had to choose to eject 2 fans from being Arsenal supporters, and my choices were Piers Morgan, Osama bin Laden, and Alex Rodriguez... I'd have to think a long time on who to leave.

Sorry for your loss d3si d3si :frown: I've lost some very close friends over the past few years and it never gets easier. Hope you and yours can be there for each other and keep open communication with everyone. Just keep moving forward one day after the other.

You can never fault Rom for a lack of honesty man, that was fast though :lol:

Him and Inter were a match made in heaven, can definitely see him being back there in the future.

Smh I don’t know why Rom would do this… especially right now when we’re struggling. I can’t respect this at all.

All that talk about loving the club & you’re ready to fold at the first sign of adversity. Get outta here fam.

Smh I don’t know why Rom would do this… especially right now when we’re struggling. I can’t respect this at all.

All that talk about loving the club & you’re ready to fold at the first sign of adversity. Get outta here fam.
I remember people were mad at United for agreeing to sell him though when he wanted out once the young forwards started getting most of the playing time :lol:

Lowkey he was pretty effective on the wing when he played there at the end of his time at OT but he had other ideas of where he wanted to play.

Looks like that might be repeating itself, interesting that he said he's totally fit though when I always thought the reason he wasn't playing much lately was due to injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom