⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just know nothing about it but a 16 year old isn't mature enough to sign some long term deal mortgaging his future (is 16 the legal age of an adult in europe/germany?). Is there a limit on length of the contract? Obviously all clubs would go lock up some promising 15 to 16 year olds for 5-10 years at some low wage because if they blow up they will have them for that low wage. And $1M or $2M to a high school kid is a HUGE amount. And if the parents aren't well off they might see that as a great deal as well.

Just seems predatory

Know what’s predatory?

Having a NCAA coach earn millions while his players play for free risking their health.

this is why the system in the US is broken and needs to be destroyed and rebuilt.

In Europe, a spot in those rosters for a 16 y/o kid is just like any other job. A 16 y/o over there is a grown up. We don't see it that way over here in the US because we hold our own kids back.

Apparently Alves is gonna be the one left out of the Europa squad, makes sense.

Initially though they were already registered before :lol:

He'd be a sucker accepting a letter to leave when he still has a 200k+ a week contract they're paying him no matter if he's in the team or not :lol:

"Letter of freedom"

Da fuq. Sounds like some slavery type steeze :smh:

Lifetime Nike contract and Jr is allowed to wear Adidas? Did adidas sign him or something? :lol:

I could never see MJ or Bron’s children being allowed to wear another brand :lol:

1643730157938.png
United is sponsored by Adidas. All academy players must wear Adidas

The best coach the US has ever had... was Bruce Arena. How you regress from THAT, 20 years later, boggles the mind. I really hate the USSF.
Ehh I wouldn't say Bruce was the best coach. Team crashed out in the group stages in 2006 under him

2002 had a better group of players

Last edited:
Ehh I wouldn't say Bruce was the best coach. Team crashed out in the group stages in 2006 under him

2002 had a better group of players
He coached the 2002 squad also but I take your point he might not have been the best. I can't put Big Game Bob over him tho.

Oh ****. Im sorry :frown:

I've watched the tribute videos on r/gunners about a dozen times today. I'm really going to miss Auba. The first man to do the #14 proud after Henry retired.
I haven’t been this devastated since Ozil and Wenger left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom