⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Georgina doc, CR7 gave me the vibes that he's not a "helicopter dad". He lets CRJr do him and checks him when needed.
I would imagine any pro footballer wouldn’t have the time to be a helicopter dad.

I thought it was hilarious from the Netflix preview that Georgina, international model, is trying to tell us from her mansion that the 2nd best player in the world is “super normal”. I don’t know how we are supposed to take her word for it :lol:

Apparently Alves is gonna be the one left out of the Europa squad, makes sense.

Initially though they were already registered before :lol:

He'd be a sucker accepting a letter to leave when he still has a 200k+ a week contract they're paying him no matter if he's in the team or not :lol:

I love how nobody's calling out Kroenke for TAMMING and GAMMING the Rapids/Arsenal deal. He owns both wtfff :lol:
Arteta flew halfway around the world, just for Stan to let him pick one players from his MLS team to have in the summer. #ArtetaOut

Arteta flew halfway around the world, just for Stan to let him pick one players from his MLS team to have in the summer. #ArtetaOut

"here's a defender from the Rapids you never seen play before, Arteta. Make it work!!"

44a4fc2a9ba080871642f33c0cb99686.jpg

What kind of child labor laws exist with footy? How are Bayern attempting to lock down 16 year olds for a "long term plan". Is that even legal?

I was really looking forward to Barca crumbling post Messi...i don't understand how they are some how scooping up players and keeping Dembele.
I know chelsea had legal problems with scouting talent as well as Barca about a decade back or so but the basics (iirc) is you must provide everything for the kid. Room, board everything WITH their parents at all times. You’re buying the family a new apartment or house essentially if needed. Also schooling prioritises over training so if it comes to, social services will yank the kid out of shooting practice with King Lewa. At least one parent travels to away games.

In the case of one of before mentioned clubs I think the kid, although was in practice squad, still commuted on his own dime

Apparently fifa are trialing a new offside rule that gives a .75 meter margin for the attacker. I’m guessing it’s going to be a thicker var line. Seems good in theory till every attacking play goes under var which is already happening in spain.

What kind of child labor laws exist with footy? How are Bayern attempting to lock down 16 year olds for a "long term plan". Is that even legal?

what exactly is the issue? once you turn 16 you're eligible to play at the pro level. the kid has already played in 2 bundesliga matches this season. moukoko at dortmund has been playing since the day after his 16th birthday last year. rm is about to sign a 15 year old.

This aged poorly. Hope we bring him in over the summer.
The deal fell through due to paperwork. Basically, they came to an agreement at the last minute and time ran out while they were faxing paperwork back and forth. Barring any changes financially or unless some other club comes through offering more money during the summer, the deal will probably be completed.

Apparently Alves is gonna be the one left out of the Europa squad, makes sense.

Initially though they were already registered before :lol:

He'd be a sucker accepting a letter to leave when he still has a 200k+ a week contract they're paying him no matter if he's in the team or not :lol:

Has there been another instance like this? Do they not understand how long they signed him for?

Fiorentina moving nasty...

They should be happy the got 75m for a player with 6 months left, maybe he really didn't want to move to another country :lol:

Has there been another instance like this? Do they not understand how long they signed him for?

Can't really remember another instance like this, at least not as high profile.

Can't imagine they walk back their position though so he might be stuck with the reserves the rest of the season.

he wasn't expiring until summer 23
Damn thought it was this summer :lol:

Still wasn't gonna re-up with them and they got the most money they've ever gotten for a player before so don't know why they're so salty about not getting Prem money.

They already brought in another striker with his exit in mind and now they get ti.e to plan out their summer recruitment with a lot of cash in hand.

what exactly is the issue? once you turn 16 you're eligible to play at the pro level. the kid has already played in 2 bundesliga matches this season. moukoko at dortmund has been playing since the day after his 16th birthday last year. rm is about to sign a 15 year old.

I just know nothing about it but a 16 year old isn't mature enough to sign some long term deal mortgaging his future (is 16 the legal age of an adult in europe/germany?). Is there a limit on length of the contract? Obviously all clubs would go lock up some promising 15 to 16 year olds for 5-10 years at some low wage because if they blow up they will have them for that low wage. And $1M or $2M to a high school kid is a HUGE amount. And if the parents aren't well off they might see that as a great deal as well.

Just seems predatory

I just know nothing about it but a 16 year old isn't mature enough to sign some long term deal mortgaging his future (is 16 the legal age of an adult in europe/germany?). Is there a limit on length of the contract? Obviously all clubs would go lock up some promising 15 to 16 year olds for 5-10 years at some low wage because if they blow up they will have them for that low wage. And $1M or $2M to a high school kid is a HUGE amount. And if the parents aren't well off they might see that as a great deal as well.

Just seems predatory
16 happens to be the age of adulthood In most European countries. Hell, some are lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom