⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's another one. How would you like to win a shootout, your GK makes the clincial stop ending the shoot or your PK taker wins it, exactly like Mane yesterday?
Making the clinical stop seems like the harder thing to do, so I would go with that. As much as I love a PK the seals the deal., let the keeper win it for me

20220208_075325.jpg

It’s crazy to me how many ppl misunderstood Klopp when he referred to the ACON as a little tournament.

I agree, Klopp gave a sarcastic response because the AFCON has a massive impact on Liverpool by taking its best players.

That said, Europeans constantly downplay the importance of continental cups aside from their own. It happens in the media. It happens in this very thread. Ronaldo’s Euro Cup is seen as some mammoth achievement while Messi’s Copa America is a mere footnote alongside his European club trophies :rolleyes

Barça Spotify deal to be official today apparently amidst reports of their CEO quitting.

Main sponsor on the kits plus the renaming of the Nou Camp.

“Spotify Camp Nou” or “Nou Camp Spotify”

Either way, shambolic.
ok moral high ground madrista. that means a lot coming from you.

i don't like it either but bartomeu gave barca no choice. cot damn it's a lot of money though.
i wonder why, in this current state, spotify chose to invest in barca when it's so close to becoming like manchester united.
big gamble for a company to bet on barca.

Ban should've gone to Lautaro tbh

Hmm :nerd:

what did theo do to get a worse punishment than lautaro?

green light lol. they had no choice. they fought it and lost multiple times. the illusion of power is so important.
i still don't see what is supposed to happen with this league. still can't wrap my head around it.

I agree, Klopp gave a sarcastic response because the AFCON has a massive impact on Liverpool by taking its best players.

That said, Europeans constantly downplay the importance of continental cups aside from their own. It happens in the media. It happens in this very thread. Ronaldo’s Euro Cup is seen as some mammoth achievement while Messi’s Copa America is a mere footnote alongside his European club trophies :rolleyes

I do agree the Copa seems to carry less weight, prestige, and significance in the eyes of European footy fans. But I don’t think that’s the reason people rate Messi’s Copa and CR’s Euro differently.

The sheer amount of Copas in Messi’s prime that he was losing to lesser sides and players became comical. There were so many attempts that when he eventually won (playing spectacularly throughout that tournament it must be said) it felt like it was just because the amount of tries.

It’s like in the NBA that not all rings are created equally. Dirk’s with the Mavs, Lebron against the warriors, they have more weight than say Lebron’s bubble ring or KD with the warriors. Rating them differently imo is less of a testament to undervaluing the Copa and more just the context. Portugal’s run that year was pretty improbable. Messi should have at least 2 Copas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom