⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Alaba, dude has been a great signing for us. You can’t outright replace Sergio Ramos, but we’ve missed him a lot less thanks to Alaba. Brings versatility, has been a vocal leader, and is still class on the ball especially for a defender.

I had a feeling the narrative of him being washed was overblown, otherwise the Bayern front office wouldn’t have been salty about his departure.

Just making an observation. You sound mad salty. You did this with alaba too. It’s not even a big deal y’all won the next 10 bundesligas anyways
naw don't do that. i had been calling for alaba to be replaced in the starting XI by lucas since the sextuple season and I've been posting that I didn't think highly of Sule for a while. got no issue with the bantz, but don't make up things I said or did. I was posting stats in here on his declining performances since way before the contract talks broke down between us and he chose to leave.

Speaking of Alaba, dude has been a great signing for us. You can’t outright replace Sergio Ramos, but we’ve missed him a lot less thanks to Alaba. Brings versatility, has been a vocal leader, and is still class on the ball especially for a defender.

I had a feeling the narrative of him being washed was overblown, otherwise the Bayern front office wouldn’t have been salty about his departure.
yeah I think he was just not capable of playing our high line system anymore as he got older. he was making so many mistakes with us in the final few seasons. glad its working out for him there though, was talking to another RM NTer on twitter and he said he's been very surprised with his performances in all positions

Got stepped on with cleats on both feet.

It's painful :smh:

just started playing pickup with my boys (buncha european dudes) every Sunday. picked up these nike mercurial turf cleats since we play on that stupid artificial grass material with the little black rocks. its been like 15 yrs since I played footy, but should the boots be super snug or have a little space? cause i got my TTS 12 and I'm getting blisters like crazy between my toes after every run. they feel fine walking around, but a little tight in the front once I start playiing. we play full field, two 45 min halves if it makes a difference.

just started playing pickup with my boys (buncha european dudes) every Sunday. picked up these nike mercurial turf cleats since we play on that stupid artificial grass material with the little black rocks. its been like 15 yrs since I played footy, but should the boots be super snug or have a little space? cause i got my TTS 12 and I'm getting blisters like crazy between my toes after every run. they feel fine walking around, but a little tight in the front once I start playiing. we play full field, two 45 min halves if it makes a difference.
Personally I wear K-leather boots and I like a little space in the toe box. Don't go super snug. Can't be optimal if you're constantly in pain

Personally I wear K-leather boots and I like a little space in the toe box. Don't go super snug. Can't be optimal if you're constantly in pain

yeah just wasnt sure if the extra space would be worse with all the stopping and turning and cause more blisters. ill go 0.5 size up and give it a shot this week. good looks

What shoes do you have?

picked these up

Nike Mercurial Superfly 8 Academy TF Turf Soccer Shoes

I’d look at getting an AG outsole as opposed to those turf boots. Much higher performance characteristics than the cheapy stuff
you think its necessary if we're just playing for fun? the guys that are higher level like ex pros/college wear AG boots, but the few of us regular guys all play in turfs. I was concerned about injury if I actually wear studs like getting stuck in the turf or something on a turn (knee injury) or is that not a concern

I remember how many articles were being posted and how much hype there was in the lead up to the Ralf signing and I read none of it. Because I knew it would be a waste of time compared to reading what he actually accomplishes once he’s hired. I remember thinking all this hype is going to be for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom