⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be the most melanated Madrid squad ever in my lifetime if they pull that off

What a time, especially under Flo :lol:

It’s an interesting moment for sure. Supposedly wonderkid Endrick might eventually join from Palmeiras. Mbappe and Rudi. It seems like Tchouameni will get done. Then on the shortlist for the future Reece James and Jude Bellingham come up a lot. They haven’t really been seriously linked to any non-black player other than Haaland. And this is all just players to be potentially added to the most non-white RM squad we’ve seen.

It reminds me a bit of this take from my Nigerian organic chemistry professor I disagreed with that white people are inherently better at footy. Now arguably the world’s greatest club keeps adding more and more non-white talent.

Last edited:
It’s an interesting moment for sure. Supposedly wonderkid Endrick might eventually join from Palmeiras. Mbappe and Rudi. It seems like Tchouameni will get done. Then on the shortlist for the future Reece James and Jude Bellingham come up a lot. They haven’t really been seriously linked to any non-black player other than Haaland. And this is all just players to be potentially added to the most non-white RM squad we’ve seen.

It reminds me a bit of this take from my Nigerian organic chemistry professor I disagreed with that white people are inherently better at footy. Now arguably the world’s greatest club keeps adding more and more non-white talent.
Madrid just followed what Barca did with Ronaldinho and Eto'o :lol:

But lowkey they've been keeping an African on the team in Zidane and Benzema 👀

A related thought is it wasn’t that long ago people would tongue in cheek call RM by their nickname “Los Blancos” insinuating Flo was a racist looking to recruit only Caucasian pretty boys for the RM brand. I think the squad makeup was coincidence.

I also think it’s pretty cool now that a lot of the glamor boys are the likes of Vini, hopefully Mbappe, and people already love Camavinga. I think it’s meaningful to an extent whether it’s someone like Iñanki having kids in the Basque region wear his jersey, or someone in the banlieues/favelas seeing they’re good enough for even posh elitist RM.

A related thought is it wasn’t that long ago people would tongue in cheek call RM by their nickname “Los Blancos” insinuating Flo was a racist looking to recruit only Caucasian pretty boys for the RM brand. I think the squad makeup was coincidence.

I also think it’s pretty cool now that a lot of the glamor boys are the likes of Vini, hopefully Mbappe, and people already love Camavinga. I think it’s meaningful to an extent whether it’s someone like Iñanki having kids in the Basque region wear his jersey, or someone in the banlieues/favelas seeing they’re good enough for even posh elitist RM.

This goes back before Flo. There was always a double entendre., wasn’t just because they wore white. They called RM “Los Blancos” and “Los Vikingos” due to buying White guys.

Athleti we’re called “Los Indios” for buying Latin-American indigenous looking players.

Yoooo

I just hopped out of the shower and had an epiphany.

United has leverage and should get Mbappe on a short 2 year deal with option to renew. Cristiano is his idol. Offer him the chance to play with him. In turn, Cristiano will want to stay. The premier league is the most lucrative league. Give him the full image rights that he wants or close to it. Playing in an anglophone league will only elevate his status because English is now the dominant language in the world. He will surpass Cristiano and Messi in popularity. Varane is his team mate on the french national team so it would make adjusting to England easier.

United is about to rebuild. Offer him the chance to be the focal point and the team built around him. He can still leave for Madrid at the height of his career later.

United gotta finish within fourth and secure champions league to make it all happen

10 in a row sealed. cant wait for the summer window to open now. might be some crazy moves this year. hopefully we strengthen our roster and add some depth.

761EA94F-38E2-4A5C-B84A-B19573259E5F.jpeg

Yoooo

I just hopped out of the shower and had an epiphany.

United has leverage and should get Mbappe on a short 2 year deal with option to renew. Cristiano is his idol. Offer him the chance to play with him. In turn, Cristiano will want to stay. The premier league is the most lucrative league. Give him the full image rights that he wants or close to it. Playing in an anglophone league will only elevate his status because English is now the dominant language in the world. He will surpass Cristiano and Messi in popularity. Varane is his team mate on the french national team so it would make adjusting to England easier.

United is about to rebuild. Offer him the chance to be the focal point and the team built around him. He can still leave for Madrid at the height of his career later.

United gotta finish within fourth and secure champions league to make it all happen

A tad bit too much dip on your chip there

A tad bit too much dip on your chip there
Nah. No one really cares about La Liga teams outside of champions league.Barca and Real Madrid have "history" schtick working for them. The league is a three horse race. The premier league legitimately has 4-5 teams that can win it and the usual weekly upsets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom