⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoooo

I just hopped out of the shower and had an epiphany.

United has leverage and should get Mbappe on a short 2 year deal with option to renew. Cristiano is his idol. Offer him the chance to play with him. In turn, Cristiano will want to stay. The premier league is the most lucrative league. Give him the full image rights that he wants or close to it. Playing in an anglophone league will only elevate his status because English is now the dominant language in the world. He will surpass Cristiano and Messi in popularity. Varane is his team mate on the french national team so it would make adjusting to England easier.

United is about to rebuild. Offer him the chance to be the focal point and the team built around him. He can still leave for Madrid at the height of his career later.

United gotta finish within fourth and secure champions league to make it all happen
This man never miss on weekends

Curious
How all think west ham vs Chelsea goes tomorrow?
Both teams so hot and cold rn I dont think there's a clear favorite.

I'm leaning Chelsea just because its at Stamford Bridge or I can see it end up in like a 1-1 or 2-2 draw.

Would be amazing for West Ham to pull the double on em, they also need to win to secure a European spot so it should be a fun match to watch.

Lol
My guy flyeed flyeed was in the sell Benz camp early and I will never let him forget.

Went back to my old posts regarding Benz and Jovic and clearly stated I’d like to bring in Jovic as Benz’s backup at the time.

I was also the first that started telling y'all in this thread that Zidane has turned Benz into a beast and got him to level up the second half of the post-CR7 season. I wasn’t the only one that thought RM could use more firepower up front though, Benz wasn’t always this clinical (had 5 league goals in 32 appearances in 2017-18.) But I’m thankful he’s aged like fine wine and now is.

Went back to my old posts regarding Benz and Jovic and clearly stated I’d like to bring in Jovic as Benz’s backup at the time.

I was also the first that started telling y'all in this thread that Zidane has turned Benz into a beast and got him to level up the second half of the post-CR7 season. I wasn’t the only one that thought RM could use more firepower up front though, Benz wasn’t always this clinical (had 5 league goals in 32 appearances in 2017-18.) But I’m thankful he’s aged like fine wine and now is.
Am I crazy or wasnt there a time Mariano was even starting over Benz? I dont blame you for writing off Benz. Its a wild age where strikers and players can thrive over 30, let a lone 34.

Exactly how we thought the last 5 games would go, right boys
c84701ea5c0a656f5f5573a89162ed0e114097df.gifv

Last edited:
Am I crazy or wasnt there a time Mariano was even starting over Benz? I dont blame you for writing off Benz. Its a wild age where strikers and players can thrive over 30, let a lone 34.

If the Mariano thing happened I must have suppressed it from my memory :lol:. I can’t speak outside of the NBA and soccer, but I’ve never seen an athlete in team sports significantly improve like this at this age.

Just looked up his FIFA ratings
FIFA 19 - 86, 31 years old
FIFA 20 - 88
FIFA 21 - 89
FIFA 22 - 91 34 years old

If the Mariano thing happened I must have suppressed it from my memory :lol:. I can’t speak outside of the NBA and soccer, but I’ve never seen an athlete in team sports significantly improve like this at this age.

Just looked up his FIFA ratings
FIFA 19 - 86, 31 years old
FIFA 20 - 88
FIFA 21 - 89
FIFA 22 - 91 34 years old

I hate to say it, but Tom Brady did this

I hate to say it, but Tom Brady did this

He was the first person that came to mind when I mentioned the nba/footy thing. Still I think it’s more impressive if an nba/soccer player hits their peak at this age than a QB or even a baseball player where mobility is typically not as important

Mariano has never started over Benz for any other than a rest spot, ever since he can back he's been injured and highly ineffective. And as a footballer he makes Lucas Vazquez look
world class.

SmartSelect_20220424-112915_Yuzu Browser.jpg
SmartSelect_20220424-112935_Yuzu Browser.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom