❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the big clubs in the EPL are weak and wank this season, perfect time for Arsenal to step up. Buying players during the winter time is a ***** (which is why you buy them during the summer :rolleyes ) but why not take advantage of the oppotunity and make the squad stronger. We only ended up with Elneny. C'mon fam

Gunners are the Dallas Mavericks of football, minus the super involved owner.

Matter fact, Arsenal is the Altanta Hawks of football
I'd love for my Hawks to have done some of the things Arsenal has accomplished in the past 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Gunners are the Dallas Mavericks of football, minus the super involved owner.

Matter fact, Arsenal is the Altanta Hawks of football

I'd love for my Hawks to have done some of the things Arsenal has accomplished in the past :lol: :\ |I

Atlanta had a hot lil run last year. Weren't like 3 or 4 Hawks in the all star game?

ATL just can't get it done in the playoffs. Y'all need a go to playmaker/clutch man who can take over a game.

If ATL got a Paul George, y'all would come out of the east on fire.

But... I'll save that for the NBA thread :lol:

And mastamind89 mastamind89 , I really hope Arsenal replaces Wenger this summer. And whoever comes in, I hope they shake things up early.

But who is available? Who can we bring in to manage the team?

Last edited:
I know it's random and old news, but Real really ****** up the window after winning La Decima. Instead of trying to build on the squad, they made commercial/financial decisions. Di Maria and Alonso both brought elements that have badly been missed since their departure. Part of making their business plan of signing Galacticos sustainable though has been to buy young sub-superstar players that you can get a few years of service and kit sales out of, and then sell for an eventual profit. But they really should have built on their core for another run, and not completely changed it. The players they brought in to replace them (Kroos and James) play completely different styles from their predecessors, and changed the fabric of the midfield completely. It was a mistake to not try maximizing another year of prime Ronnie's talents, and to invest too much into the future while he was peaking.

They went from the most devastating and feared counter-attacking side, to a team with no real identity since then.

How do you feel about those reports of James and Isco maybe being sold during the next window? Ill never understand Flo's transfer policy from a footy perpective :lol:

And mastamind89 mastamind89 , I really hope Arsenal replaces Wenger this summer. And whoever comes in, I hope they shake things up early.

But who is available? Who can we bring in to manage the team?

With pretty much alll the top managers are already tied down, it's hard to say. I thought Remi Garde would be a good fit but his current stint with Aston Villa makes it hard to say. Frank de Boer is also an option. Ronald Koeman is also an option. Both Dutchmen have some CL experience. Laudrup also comes to mind, but I'm not really sold on him being able to takeover the reigns at Arsenal.
Steve Bould is an option is we're going the internal route he has managed the youth team, I remember him doing well with them and won a title or two. He knows the club inside out, I think for the board, he makes a strong candidate.

Last edited:
I wonder if Arsenal has the balls to get rid of Wenger. I mean cmon..it's time man

I know it's random and old news, but Real really ****** up the window after winning La Decima. Instead of trying to build on the squad, they made commercial/financial decisions. Di Maria and Alonso both brought elements that have badly been missed since their departure. Part of making their business plan of signing Galacticos sustainable though has been to buy young sub-superstar players that you can get a few years of service and kit sales out of, and then sell for an eventual profit. But they really should have built on their core for another run, and not completely changed it. The players they brought in to replace them (Kroos and James) play completely different styles from their predecessors, and changed the fabric of the midfield completely. It was a mistake to not try maximizing another year of prime Ronnie's talents, and to invest too much into the future while he was peaking.

They went from the most devastating and feared counter-attacking side, to a team with no real identity since then.

How do you feel about those reports of James and Isco maybe being sold during the next window? Ill never understand Flo's transfer policy from a footy perpective :lol:

I really don't think Isco has been that impactful. It's weird because he's without a doubt talented as hell, but for whatever reasons it doesn't translate to as many assists as you would think. He's basically the one that pushed Ozil out iirc but he hasn't lived up to being his replacement at all. I can definitely see him being EPL bound, and finding his place in England.

James is an elite talent if he puts it all together, but he hasn't found his role in the team. There's no way he's out this summer. I think nowadays in order for many true #10's to really flourish though, that they need muscle in the midfield convering behind them, and James has never had that since he's been at Madrid. So he's never had the freedom that a talent like his needs to go out there and express himself.

Last edited:
This really could be Wenger last year. Maybe signing 0 outfield player in the summer wasn't the smartest idea Arsene.

But the transfer market was bare. No quality at a decent price.

I also think Arsenal's wage structure (while actually admirable) is also problematic. They'll struggle to sign the biggest names for fear of upsetting the wage balance structure.

They're going to have to accept the idea that they will need to hand out new deals to pretty much everyone soon.

On the other hand I would also say, I don't understand why Arsenal don't just come and poach every player that Dortmund is scouting :lol: cause for some reason they seem to have the formula for finding unknown gems who are CL starter quality on very modest wages (not sure if this can work realistically going forward since agents will know that PL clubs have cash).

Last edited:
I seent Neymar do that in match tho. And created a goal from it.

Last edited:
Its like no one wants to win the league.

City....what was that? Klopp got liverpool out there flying. Emre Can out there looking like a boss....Lalana looking fantastic.
I guess no Yaya really was a big deal but that was such a poor showing

All it took was a draw by anyone to gain ground...and Spurs, Arsenal, City all go down....I hope HeggysFC wins the league at this point.

City....what was that? Klopp got liverpool out there flying. Emre Can out there looking like a boss....Lalana looking fantastic.

All it took was a draw by anyone to gain ground...and Spurs, Arsenal, City all go down....I hope HeggysFC wins the league at this point.

Why do people keep saying this when Leicester are literally on the brink of making history because their want for the title is immense this season?

And this is not meant to take aim at you or anything, but I've seen this comment a few times online.

Leicster and Spurs are putting in work, sure there's some speed bumps, but they're putting in work right now for that title.

I see Arsenal winning Saturday...

Then the Wenger fans who are hiding in the closet, come out, hop back on the bandwagon then proceed to.. - tell us all how brilliant he is and how he deserves the benefit of the doubt, then a quenching level of optimism is swallowed and everyone seems tolerantly at ease, again....

That's the thing about this emotional Arsenal roller coaster, it's been this way for 5 plus years now for some strange reason - a huge portion of the fans act like the oblivious battered women of the world. At the end of the day man, the fans dictate the club, no matter how powerful the owners are. The brass at Arsenal have been kicking the fans for years now.... This time, call 911 (or 999 if you're actually calling from North London :lol:)

Why do people keep saying this when Leicester are literally on the brink of making history because their want for the title is immense this season?

And this is not meant to take aim at you or anything, but I've seen this comment a few times online.

Leicster and Spurs are putting in work, sure there's some speed bumps, but they're putting in work right now for that title.

I agree with Leicester putting in the effort. It was more a reaction to yesterday. The top teams knew they had an opportunity to gain ground with the Leicester draw. Spurs were unlucky with all their chances i guess you could say....but it was swansea. Idk....it was a great opportunity

TBH Even if Arsenal wins the league, I think homie should bounce. His time has passed.

He just doesn't have the juice to run with the changes coming next year. Pep at City, Mou at United, Leicester and Spurs coming back again and giving us more trouble.

We need someone thick skinned, and not afraid to pull out his wallet. We need someone who isn't romanticized with moral victories, and who can't let old players go. Tire's no reason for Arteta, Flamini, Rosicky, etc to still be at the club. They aren't playing and they aren't helpings win. We don't have to drop cats as hard as Madrid, but we also don't have to keep them around when they're obviously dead weight at this point. And, his late game substitutions are horrible. I swear his changes towards the last 10 minutes - extra time always piss me off.

"1 title in 12 years, ***** I can divide... "

But you're one of the biggest teams in europe tho?

View media item 1936601
Leicester City definitely wants to win the league. I've been done sleeping on them boys since Christmas.

Last edited:
This really could be Wenger last year. Maybe signing 0 outfield player in the summer wasn't the smartest idea Arsene.

I also think Arsenal's wage structure (while actually admirable) is also problematic. They'll struggle to sign the biggest names for fear of upsetting the wage balance structure.

They're going to have to accept the idea that they will need to hand out new deals to pretty much everyone soon.

On the other hand I would also say, I don't understand why Arsenal don't just come and poach every player that Dortmund is scouting :lol: cause for some reason they seem to have the formula for finding unknown gems who are CL starter quality on very modest wages (not sure if this can work realistically going forward since agents will know that PL clubs have cash).
We did poach Lester City's scout

and the reason why people are saying no one wants to win the league is because everyone is losing games they SHOULD be winning

There absolutely no reason why we should have lost to Swansea and United

There's no reason why Iwobi should have played over Campbell

There's no reason why Chelsea should be in 10th

Last edited:

We did poach Lester City's scout

and the reason why people are saying no one wants to win the league is because everyone is losing games they SHOULD be winning

There absolutely no reason why we should have lost to Swansea and United

There's no reason why Iwobi should have played over Campbell

There's no reason why Chelsea should be in 10th

We all know over the past 5 years, 3 things in life are guaranteed, Death, Taxes and the fact that Arsenal will build you up and let you down in the final matches of the season. This is not new, Coupé It Coupé It already said it. Hell, we all been saying it for ages. So we can't sit here and talk about who Arsenal should not be losing to at the business end of the season, this is what Arsenal does.

Chelsea, SHOULD be in 10th right now. Again, this is not new. Look at any Mourinho team after his 2nd/3rd season, things go catastrophic. The only reason it looks this bad now, is cause Roman really tried to hold on as long as he could, but Mou is gonna Mou (something even United fans are very well aware of, even while we praise his name waiting for him to arrive).

I think Arsenal should really be looking for value in the Dutch and German leagues.

Also, lettuce discuss this quick...

From rumors we can tell:

Conte - Chelsea
Mourinho- United
Guardiola- Citeh

I'm wondering who would Arsenal fans actually want as their next manager based on availability?

Last edited:
Carlo's taken as well...

Speaking of managerial changes,reports out of Spain are saying that Flo got rejected by Athletic's coach to take over next season. Looking like this Zizou dream might not last...

Apparently the same guy was Barca's first choice to take over for Tata but he also rejected them...that Basque loyalty is something else :wow:

Last edited:
If there's even a glimmer of hope....

Simeone....

Throw the whole ******* brinks truck at him.

..... Yeah, right. :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom