❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading up on Cruyff and man,he had for a lack of a better term,so much swag on and of the pitch. He made it look effortless on the pitch and apparently dude would smoke 2 cigs at each half of his matches :lol:

A lot of the players from that generation smoked. Unfortunately for Cruyff, it's what ended up killing him :frown:

Yea man I didn't realize how damn widespread it really was :lol:. Yea he was apparently having 20 a day...that many cigs is surely gonna have an impact :\.

On the other side though,we see guys like Wenger and Jimmy Greaves still alive and kicking after getting their chimney on during their playing days :lol:. I always wondered if it didn't affect players and Wenger's said that it doesn't affect them as much as people think.

Would love Danny at PSG but only if he plays a lot.

Laporte for Athletic broke his leg in a U-21 match for Spain. Smfh

Thought he played for Les Bleus,guessing that apparent Citeh deal is gonna be off now huh :nerd:

The fact that someone of his quality is stuck in the U-21's and can't get a senior cap is a testament to how goddamn stacked France is and will be for the next few years :x

The fact that someone of his quality is stuck in the U-21's and can't get a senior cap is a testament to how goddamn stacked France is and will be for the next few years :x

France=biggest underachievers in international football

Ehh you could say that about the Dutch or the Albiceleste over the last 2 decades...

France has definitely underachieved lately but it hasn't been for a lack of talent. There's always some internal turmoil in that camp :lol:,the lack of over inflated ego's of veteran players that have been replaced by talented kids in this current incarnation might do them a ton of good.

Last edited:
Thought he played for Les Bleus,guessing that apparent Citeh deal is gonna be off now huh :nerd:

My apologies, yeah I meant the kid who plays for France

Not really

Argentina if anything

France won WC/EC last 20 years and would have been more perhaps if not for a headbutt

Last edited:
Damn poor guy, I could have sworn Aymeric was at least 24 now. Wish him a speedy recovery, if Iker Muniain can do it, so can he.

You guys were right about the renovations. I passed by Sun Life last night and these guys are working around the clock.

LOL @ the land for the stadium being approved in Overtown. That hood was suppose to start getting cleaned up 10+ years ago. Good luck with all those bums and the fiends, plus high crime rate and violence in the area.

Better than nothing. Police will be out there in full force on matchdays to make sure things go as smoothly as possible.

Last edited:
Been reading up on Cruyff and man,he had for a lack of a better term,so much swag on and of the pitch. He made it look effortless on the pitch and apparently dude would smoke 2 cigs at each half of his matches :lol:

CeZXUBgWAAAUS67.jpg

Dude really did have some swag man.. :lol:

Sucks that's what killed him tho, :smh:

But being a smoker myself and still being able to run and play sports, its very possible man, that whole generation smoked. It's not a good idea but hey, I'm an idiot. I'll quit before I'm 30, but in my 20's, **** it :lol: , I got too much of that old school Euro blood in me. :lol:

Fellow smokers, let's be here for each other, :lol:

Used to smoke during college, and was similar. Had no issues even with sports.

Then I quit, and also got a bad infection shortly after and it started to take its toll on me after the fact.

Just be careful guys. Smoking is what it is, but if I could look back now, I never would have smoked. But it depends. Its no the same for everyone

Pure evil 
sick.gif
mean.gif
. RIP to all the dead
tired.gif

In some more uplifting news from FRA-NED...

They had a moving tribute at the 14th minute for Cruyff

CebAW9sWQAAHt2i.jpg:large

Last edited:
 [h1]Major Changes Coming to 2016/17 Laws of the Game[/h1]
Blog

The Laws of the Game are set for a major overhaul in 2016/17.  They won’t be officially published until May, but I’ve been scouring the Internet for clues, and have been able to come up with a fairly clear picture of what’s ahead.
[h1]Background[/h1]
For the first time, the Laws of the Game will be published by IFAB, the International Football Association Board, the organization who has been responsible for updating the Laws for many years.  This means the IFAB logo – and not the FIFA logo – will be featured on the cover.

This is the result of IFAB being formed as a legal company, and not just a formal committee, that is separate and apart from FIFA.  IFAB exists solely for the purpose of setting the Laws of the Game.

The Laws and not seen a comprehensive rewrite in many years.  IFAB selected retired English referee David Elleray (pictured above) to oversee the rewrite.  Among other goals, Elleray has said the rewrite should make the laws “clearer” and less subject to contradicting interpretation.
[h1]Administrative Changes[/h1]
Until now, the Laws were actually two separate publications: the Laws “proper” and separate section called “Interpretation of the Laws of the Game and Guidelines for Referees”, or simply “The Interpretations” to most referees.  Under the rewrite, these two separate sections have been merged into a single publication.  Interpretations are discussed within each Law itself.

Referees in the USA may be familiar with this approach, as it has been utilized for years in the NCAA and the NFHS Soccer Rules publications (both of which vary to some extent from the LOTG).

The Laws will now be gender neutral.  Instead of using only masculine pronouns, the revised Laws use language that does not refer to one gender.

The Laws will be much briefer.  In the current edition of the Laws and Interpretations, the document clocks in at over 20,000 words.  The revised Laws will be about 10,000 words.
[h1]Law Changes[/h1]
The most significant change to the Laws is the removal of the controversial “triple punishment” requirement.  In the current Laws, if a defender fouls an attacker in the defender’s own penalty area, and the referee determines that the defender should be sent off for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity, the defender (and their team) is subject to three punishments:
  1. The defender is sent-off (and the team must play with one less player)
  2. The attacking team is awarded a penalty kick.
  3. The defender is subject to a further suspension (which varies by league, but ranges from 1 to 3 games).
Under the revised Laws, if the defender is making a legitimate attempt to play the ball and simply mis-times a tackle, for example, the defender will be cautioned instead of sent off. This only applies to fouls committed inside the penalty area, and only when the referee determines there was a legitimate attempt to play the ball.  If the defender should, for example, grab the jersey of the attacker, the defender would still be subject to being sent off.

Further, if the foul occurs outside of the penalty area, the defender would continue to be subject to a send off, consistent with the current edition of the Laws.

Other changes to the Laws include:
  • A kick-off may now be kicked in any direction, including backwards
  • Players who are injured as the result of a reckless or excessive force challenge (resulting in a caution or send off to the offender) will not be required to leave the field of play to receive treatment, if treatment can be handled expeditiously
  • Goalkeepers who come off their line during a penalty kick will be cautioned if the kick fails, in addition to the kick being re-taken
  • If the kicker of the penalty kick violates the Laws, the kick will no longer be retaken and play will be restarted with an indirect free kick for the defending team
  • If opposing players are off the field of play (through the course of normal play) and one commits a foul, play will be restarted with the appropriate free kick, on the touchline or goal line.  Under the current Laws, play restarts with a dropped ball, as only misconduct and not fouls can be committed off the field of play.  The example given by Mr Elleray to illustrate is when a pair of opponents go off the field during the run of play, and one grabs the other to prevent him/her from re-entering the field of play.  The team of the player whose shirt was grabbed will now be awarded a free-kick on the appropriate boundary line.  Note that this could result in a penalty kick being awarded.
  • Offside restarts will be taken from the point on the field where the offending player was when they became offside.  Under the current Laws, the restart would be taken from the point where they were originally in an offside position.  (Editor’s note: it will be interesting to see how the Assistant Referee mechanics might be updated to handle a situation where a player starts a play from an offside position in the attacking half of the field and then becomes involved in active play on the defending half of the field)
There are other minor changes to the Laws, but I’ve attempted to list what I believe to be the most significant changes.  There’s certainly enough change to ensure 2017 recertification classes will be have plenty of discussion points.
Don't know how much truth there is to this, but it is certainly interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom