❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Rafa officially re-upped for 3 more years

From Real to The Championship in under a year...sheesh :x

Last edited:
Fam, how in the hell did Roman pull this off?!

View media item 2044313
The **** does that even mean

Seen this, I'm not even sure about this.

I mean, what happened when he managed Inter and Madrid?

So lettuce for a second say that he signed the deal for the Prem only. Even if he thought CFC was the only club he'd ever manage in the prem, what sane lawyer would ever agree to their client signing such a document?

I thought he wouldve been named the new Los Che boss but apparently Pellegrini might have fleeting interest in the Toffees job :nerd:

Actually, if I'm honest...

Swansea
Watford (a bit risky, cause they churn out managers like an assembly line)
Southampton
Maybe even a Palace?

Everton ( :lol: simply cause it would be lovely to see the Pool boys lose their minds, derby nights would probably look like a match in Turkey)

...are realistic options for a manager of Rafa's resume. I think signing up with Newcastle again was foolish. Championship is a nightmare. It's literally a pit of madness down there. Reminds me of The Dark Knight Rises when Bruce was climbing out of that well...and Bane was tusslin down there with them savages...

Last edited:

Swansea
Southampton
Maybe even a Palace?

Everton ( :lol: simply cause it would be lovely to see the Pool boys lose their minds, derby nights would probably look like a match in Turkey)

...are realistic options for a manager of Rafa's resume. I think signing up with Newcastle again was foolish. Championship is a nightmare. It's literally a pit of madness down there. Reminds me of The Dark Knight Rises when Bruce was climbing out of that well...and Bane was tusslin down there with them savages...
Maybe he wants to build the squad up from scratch. Bring New Castle back to prominence. Swansea would've been great for him, but him manager hopping isn't a good look. One moment he's with Real Madrid, then they toss him, he ends up with New Castle they get relegated (Despite the circumstances)under him. I think he made the right move. Under him, New Castle Will get promoted back into the prem and he'll be able to shape the squad to his liking from the get, so by the time they are back in the prem he'll be ready to challenge for top 6.

I also didn't see your reply. You want us to rage on Derby day similar to how Pep is gonna make y'all uncomfortable in your seats.

Last edited:
Yea Rafa can carve out quite the legacy at Newcastle by building up something from scratch compared to those other options. It's not often you get a legit clean slate like that,even if they're in the Championship. I fully expect them to be back in the Prem after next season.

What I wonder about them most is what's happening to Wijnaldum? :nerd:

Doubt he came to England for Championship footy :lol:

Last edited:

Swansea
Southampton
Maybe even a Palace?

Maybe he wants to build the squad up from scratch. Bring New Castle back to prominence. Swansea would've been great for him, but him manager hopping isn't a good look. One moment he's with Real Madrid, then they toss him, he ends up with New Castle they get relegated (Despite the circumstances)under him. I think he made the right move. Under him, New Castle Will get promoted back into the prem and he'll be able to shape the squad to his liking from the get, so by the time they are back in the prem he'll be ready to challenge for top 6.

I also didn't see your reply. You want us to rage on Derby day similar to how Pep is gonna make y'all uncomfortable in your seats.

I hear you about jumping ship a little too much. Sure it wouldn't look great. But sheeesh, the Championship can be brutal. I guess time will tell. It will be a great story if he turns them around, especially if he does it in one season. Newcastle going down is a bit of a shame, cause they have crazy support, and a great history, but I don't think they'll ever make any waves until they're sold from Ashley. I think it would take an extraordinary manager, with a very unique situation to succeed under Ashley...and that's in the prem with the ability to attract foreign players with great wages. Personally, I think he made the wrong move...but time may prove me wrong...

As for the Manchester Derby's, they should be interesting...while Pep is a great manager, he doesn't have the same tools at his disposal as when he had Barca....We'll see how players like Delph take up tiki taka :lol:

Yea Rafa can carve out quite the legacy at Newcastle by building up something from scratch compared to those other options. It's not often you get a legit clean slate like that,even if they're in the Championship. I fully expect them to be back in the Prem after next season.

What I wonder about them most is what's happening to Wijnaldum?
nerd.gif

Doubt he came to England for Championship footy
laugh.gif
wonder who he will push the team to sign

My first question is who they will retain...off the top of my head...

Winj?
Towsend?
Mitrović?
Sissoko?
Janmaat?
Tiote?

Those are players I could see a Palace/Bournemouth/Watford/West Brom etc looking into...let alone the promoted clubs...

He recently refered to New Castle as being one of the biggest underachievers. I also saw that Benetiz wants to retain both Winj and Sis. Personally, if I were manager and he informed me that doesn't want to be apart of this rebuild, I'd let him go. Wouldn't want to hold back a player of his caliber from being great, plus the money we would get for him would be good. However, it would be great if they could retain his services.

Last edited:
Did dude even get to play last season? I remember reading about his transfer but I never saw him during the Fox matches I saw.

He recently refered to New Castle as being one of the biggest underachievers. I also saw that Benetiz wants to retain both Winj and Sis. Personally, if I were manager and he informed me that doesn't want to be apart of this rebuild, I'd let him go. Wouldn't want to hold back a player of his caliber from being great, plus the money we would get for him would be good. However, it would be great if they could retain his services.

I hope he gets a move to a big club,preferably outside of England if not at OT :lol:. Dude is too talented at this stage of his career to take a step backwards. He was the lone spark last season for them along with Mitrovic occasionally

My first question is who they will retain...off the top of my head...

Winj?
Towsend?
Mitrović?
Sissoko?
Janmaat?
Tiote?

Those are players I could see a Palace/Bournemouth/Watford/West Brom etc looking into...let alone the promoted clubs...

I read that Sissoko wants out but I don't know how willing Rafa's gonna be to get rid of his skipper...

I'm sure Townsend's gonna be gone as well

Last edited:
Nah Krameric got zero burn last season.... Vardy, Shinji and Ulloa were all in front of him in the pecking order...

I heard most of those good Newcastle players plan on leaving and don't really have the same NC pride the players had last time they got regulated.

@whufc_official BREAKING: West Ham United have signed outstanding young Portuguese forward Domingos Quina

Arsenal switch attention to Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly after securing £30m 'leader' Granit Xhaka
Arsenal are interested in Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly after Arsene Wenger made centre-back and striker his transfer priorities following the £30 million signing of Granit Xhaka from Borussia Monchengladbach.

Koulibaly, who is a 24-year-old Senegal international, is also among Chelsea and Manchester United’s potential targets but Arsenal intend to strengthen at centre-back following mixed performances last season from Per Mertesacker and Gabriel. Mertesacker has only one more year remaining on his contract while Arsenal will be conscious that Laurent Koscielny, who is the clear first choice central defender, is now also into his 30s.

The need for a new striker has been compounded by Danny Welbeck’s knee injury and Arsenal’s leading target is still Juventus forward Alvaro Morata. The 23-year-old had a £23 million buy-back clause inserted in his contract when he left Juventus for Real Madrid and so is expected to re-join Madrid before then being made available.

Arsenal are also following Vincent Janssen at AZ Alkmaar but Wenger has been interested in Morata for several years and, although he has never scored 15 club goals in a season, believes that he would be ideally suited to Arsenal. Koulibaly would cost around £20 million and, like Xhaka, any deal for Morata would be likely to exceed £30 million with add-ons.

Arsenal are also tracking several young British players, including Bolton defender Rob Holding, Celtic left back Kieran Tierney and Fulham’s Ryan Sessegnon. There will almost certainly also be departures this summer, with Kieran Gibbs expected to leave and Theo Walcott, David Ospina and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain likely to seek assurances about their probable involvement next season. Jack Wilshere, Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez will also hold contract talks.

The arrival of Xhaka, though, is an indicator that Wenger is preparing to reach deeply into transfer fund this summer of around £75 million ahead of what is the final year of contract. “I like the style of football in the Premier League,” said Xhaka. “It’s aggressive. It’s not like other countries. English football is a fight. I like that but Arsenal can also play football. In Germany you can play aggressively but the referee will always blow his whistle, but in England that’s not the case. That’s better for me.

“It’s in my head that I am a leader. When I was younger, even though I had a big brother, my parents would give me the house key every day. Captaining Monchengladbach was very good for me.”

Liverpool will listen to offers for Jordon Ibe, Southampton & Watford interested

Winger Jordon Ibe could be among those to leave Liverpool this summer, with Jurgen Klopp reportedly willing to sell the 20-year-old.

Ibe found himself drop down the ranks in the second half of 2015/16, following a muted campaign struggling to fill the void left by Raheem Sterling.

With Sterling leaving in a £49 million move to Man City, Ibe was held up as the ideal replacement for his fellow youngster, supplying width, pace and power to the Liverpool attacking line.

But following a change in manager and a poor run of form, Ibe is believed to be on Klopp’s list of potential departures this summer.

According to the Telegraph‘s Chris Bascombe, Klopp is “prepared to listen to offers” for the 20-year-old, as he oversees a personnel overhaul in his first summer as Reds manager.

Both Southampton and Watford are said to be interested in signing Ibe, who would arguably benefit from a move away from Merseyside.

Ibe was first linked with a switch to Vicarage Road back in March, with reports suggesting the Hornets were exploring the possibility of a double swoop, including Joe Allen.

Watford have already signed Ibe’s former U21s team-mate Jerome Sinclair this summer, with the striker signing a four-year deal following the expiry of his Reds contract.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/0...rs-jordon-ibe-southampton-watford-interested/

Not happy about this at all. Ibes development was severely stunted under Rogers as he wasn't really looking to develop players and was moreso searching on finding the right combination of players that would win him some games. To be fair though, Klopp gave him a multitude of chances, but dude just over dribbles which is good and bad. He is confident, but needs some refinement. Would love to see him at Watford with Sinclair or Southampton.

Last edited:
Wenger is realllly testing Arsenal's ambition if these rumors are true. Xhaka, Morata and Koulibaly all possibly joining? Tending to all of the teams most pressing needs in 1 summer? Get all the ******* way out of here. Not believable at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom