❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I remember the referendum wasn't even that long ago,Scots must be heated :lol: :x.

The UK derby's at the Euro's will be even more lit after being politically charged,just hope the fans don't go acting out

Last edited:
Sounds like the older generation is the group that mostly voted to leave. 30 and younger voted to a stay

Not only that, but people from major cities, mainly London wanted to stay too.

So this exit vote was carried by 1. the elderly, 2. by the people living in the countryside and 3. by the unemployed/low income people who probably blame refugees and eastern European workers for all the problems they have in life and for them having low income jobs or indeed no work at all.

Sounds similar to another country :smh:
Greece?

nah i was thinking the voters to leave are similar to the pro-Trump supporters in the US. but thanks man, i going to read up on "the grexit" and its implications.
It hasn't happened to Greece yet but they have been threatening to move out since 2012 :lol:
They have the same people that want Greece to leave but they weren't the majority in 2015

An unexpected result... so who knows what November will bring. 
nerd.gif

In 2015 they FA tightened the labour law for non european players.

Since then these players must have played a certain percentage of international caps. For example players from the top 10 nations in soccer, must have played in at least a third of caps in the last two years.

Only if this regulation is fulfilled a player would be able to join a British team.

In the last season more than 100 players would have not gotten the permission to join a Premier League club.

In the both highest Leagues in England and Scotland this would have affected more than 300 players.

Last edited:
Guys like Kante and Payet wouldn't have been able to sign last year apparently under the rules.

In more uplifting/footy news this morning

Thomas Tuchel has now spoken to André Schürrle, allowing Mkhitaryan to Manchester United transfer to progress. [bild] #MUFC

Wow, billions of $$$ have been wiped out in global equities over night. :x

Smaller prem teams that lived off of getting foreign (French) players for relatively cheap transfer prices will no longer be able to do so.

I wonder what will happen to existing players that have EU visas but not UK work visas... The Brit Labor dept already said special dispensations will not be given to any group, footballers or otherwise.

The whole transfer strategies for prem clubs with regards to foreign players (particularly South American players) has been changed. It will also cost a lot more to purchase established players not only because of the falling price of the pound but just overall.

Edit - This really impacts the lower leagues really bad too & all the youth academies for Prem clubs too.

Last edited:
Man we're only slowly finding out about all of these far reaching ramifications,this is an interesting one...

@TheWorldGam: #Brexit could hurt @realmadrid, Bale no longer an EU-player. Only 3 non-EU players allowed in La Liga. Currently: Danilo, Marcelo & Casimero

Bye bye James?

I hope but they'll probably just sell Danilo :lol:

Last edited:
Man we're only slowly finding out about all of these far reaching ramifications,this is an interesting one...
Bye bye James?

I hope but they'll probably just sell Danilo
laugh.gif
wow only 3 non european players are allowed in la liga 
eek.gif

I never knew that the limit was that strict in Spain 

Last edited:
Do all the Barca players have a spanish/european pass too?

Because they are over the limit too.

Just alone with: Bravo, Mascherano, Neymar, Suarez

Maybe Javier has an English pass, but that won't solve the problem from now on 
eyes.gif

And Madrid has: Navas, Marcelo, Danilo, James, Casemiro and Bale

This is so confusing 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Looked it up and Bravo,Mascherano both have dual nationality and for the others,apparently in Spain you're eligible for citizenship after living there for 2 years or more if you're from one of Spain's former colonies.

Last edited:
Looked it up and Bravo,Mascherano both have dual nationality and for the others,apparently in Spain you're eligible for citizenship after living there for 2 years or more if you're from one of Spain's former colonies.
Thanks for the info. 

Just looked up the passport regulations and I must say: I have never thought that it is that easy to get a spanish citizenship 

The BPL might be left in ruins but money talks. IDK how you can't afford to let these rules effect the bottomline. Wonder how long it would take revisions to pass.

I wouldn't say BPL might be left in ruins. There are a lot of hypotheticals to be worked out but current labor laws & regulations governing UK work visas vs EU work visas is pretty different.

I'll be surprised if existing players on teams get sent out because they have EU visas & not UK visas but it's a wrap for any new players coming into the prem unless the FA changes it's regulations. The outgoing chairman (NT won't allow anyone to type his name because it's a derogatory term for a lesbian) has been a staunch supporter of the xenophobic policies.

Unless they have clear directives to do so by the FA & the UK government, I would assume the summer transfer window is effected by Brexit. I would imagine a club won't want to buy a payer that will come under scrutiny.

Also the value of the British Pound just went waaaaay south... It's going to cost more to purchase players now.

The next domino... Scotland...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/24/europ...eu-referendum1255PMVODtopLink&linkId=25875504

This is a chance for the EU to reinvent itself though to help ensure other countries don't follow suit... The right wing populist voices in France & the Netherlands are saber rattling now...

Last edited:
Here are top flight players who currently do not have work permits & would not automatically land a work permit.

Bournemouth: Sylvain Distin and Joshua King

Burnley: Rouwen Hennings

Chelsea: Loic Remy, Kurt Zouma, Cesar Azpilicueta and Marco Amelia

Everton: Gerard Deulofeu and Joel Robles

Hull City: Dusan Kuciak and Brian Lenihan

Leicester City: N'Golo Kante, Marcin Wasilewski and Robert Huth

Liverpool: Emre Can, Alberto Moreno, Jose Enrique, Adam Bogdan, Simon Mignolet, Dejan Lovren, Mamadou Sakho, Tiago Ilori and Joao Carlos Teixeira

Manchester City: Jesus Navas, Eliaquim Mangala, Samit Nasri and Gael Clichy

Manchester United: Anthony Martial, Ander Herrera, Adnan Januzaj, Morgan Schneiderlin and Timothy Fosu-Mensah

Middlesbrough: Dimi Konstantopoulos, Tomas Mejias, Michael Agazzi, Damia Abella, Daniel Sanchez Ayala, Tomas Kalas, and Enrique Sola

Southampton: Juanmi, Oriol Romeu, Jose Fonte, Maarten Stekelenburg and Florin Gardos

Stoke: Bojan, Joselu, Erik Pieters, Marc Muniesa, Philipp Wollscheid, Jakob Haugaard, Ibrahim Afellay, Giannelli Imbula and Dionatan Teixeira

Sunderland: Fabio Borini, Ola Toivonen, Patrick van Aanholt, Younes Kaboul, Vito Mannone, Jan Kirchhoff and Jeremain Lens

Swansea: Bafetimbi Gomis, Angel Rangel, Jordi Amat, Kristoffer Nordfeldt, Leroy Fer and Alberto Paloschi

Tottenham: Kevin Wimmer and Michel Vorm

Watford: Mario Suarez, Jose Manuel Jurado, Obbi Oulare, Jose Holebas, Etienne Capoue, Nathan Aké, Steven Berghuis, Joel Ekstrand and Costel Pantilimon

West Brom: Jonas Olsson and Sebastien Pocognoli

West Ham: Dimitri Payet, Pedro Obiang, Angelo Ogbonna and Adrian

http://www.goal.com/en/news/7180/ga...er-league-players-who-would-not-?ICID=HP_BN_2

Last edited:
Holy **** this is insane.

Sounds like the older generation is the group that mostly voted to leave. 30 and younger voted to a stay
Not only that, but people from major cities, mainly London wanted to stay too.

So this exit vote was carried by 1. the elderly, 2. by the people living in the countryside and 3. by the unemployed/low income people who probably blame refugees and eastern European workers for all the problems they have in life and for them having low income jobs or indeed no work at all.
Sounds similar to another country
mean.gif
We could end up making a similar costly mistake in the USA fueled by fear driven nationalism and xenophobia 
mean.gif

This is not a time to be alive.

^ No this is a wake up call to get out & vote if you feel a certain way. Don't automatically assume things are going to fall a certain way.

Just say no to facism in all it's forms.

Last edited:
Oh trust me I've voted in the primaries, all my local elections and when the general comes around I will be voting then too and again when midterm comes around. I'm just concerned about how many people in this country don't recognize facism when its wearing a red hat right in front of them.

I feel like the FA will try to figure out some type of loophole or way to retain them I can't imagine them letting all these players be forced out.

so what these clubs would have to sell those players ASAP?

We'll have to wait until the dust settles & the prem isn't talking right now.

As far as rules stand now interpreted for face value? Yes, the players mentioned do not have UK work permits (they have EU) & are technically not eligable to play in the UK.

What I'm not sure of is what the prem and or the FA has done prior to this to ensure a smooth transition for it's players.

Interesting graph.

View media item 2079585

Last edited:
They have about 2 years to figure it out before the Brexit is finalized so I'm sure they'll come up with remedies because there's no way they're letting all that talent/potential just drain out like that. Right? :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom