❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, Pep & Txiki are acquiring a bunch of attacking talent. What about the defense?

I wonder if Pep will convert Fernandinho into a CB?
I can only assume a John Stones move is still in the work and that both clubs are haggling over the price. Pep has said that he thinks Fernandinho can play 10 different positions 
laugh.gif
 so I guess its a possibility.

:lol

So much for those Gunner winger rumors...

@bbcsport_david: #AFC interested in signing Valencia defender Mustafi. No bid yet + others inc #CFC keen. Also want a striker but not pursuing Mahrez/Draxler

Really hoping to see Mahrez stay at Leicester next season ar least,they still have a nice squad with the new additions this summer to counteract Kante leaving

Last edited:
:lol

So much for those Gunner winger rumors...

@bbcsport_david: #AFC interested in signing Valencia defender Mustafi. No bid yet + others inc #CFC keen. Also want a striker but not pursuing Mahrez/Draxler

Really hoping to see Mahrez stay at Leicester next season ar least,they still have a nice squad with the new additions this summer to counteract Kante leaving
We dont need winger (as much as it'd be nice to have Mahrez), we need a CB and striker. If Wenger pulls it off, and signs Mustafi and Lacazette, I will give him the full benefit of the doubt this year, and put my faith in this squad. Until those 2 arrive tho, #WengerOut.

Btw new home kit has grown on me. Will need to get it and ddg black kit once all players announced

Last edited:
Daily Record has it that Pogba's officially going to Manchester for £108.9MM. Anyone else able to confirm?

I still want an Alaba jersey. If he came to Madrid it was copped so fast.

Anyone watching Brasil vs South Africa right now? For the olympics. Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, and Felipe Anderson are amongst the field

Last edited:
I still want an Alaba jersey. If he came to Madrid it was copped so fast.

Anyone watching Brasil vs South Africa right now? For the olympics. Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, and Felipe Anderson are amongst the field
I'm watching. Looking forward to seeing what Jesus and Gabigol got personally. Also Neymar is rocking the Jordan Hypervenoms 
laugh.gif

Chuba Akpom told to stay at Arsenal and stake his claim for Premier League opener against Liverpool

Jeremy Wilson, deputy football correspondent
4 AUGUST 2016 • 5:43PM
Chuba Akpom has been told that he will not be loaned out at the start of the new Premier League season and will get a further chance this weekend to stake his claim to lead Arsenal’s attack against Liverpool next Sunday.

Arsenal are still trying to add a striker but, with bids turned down already this summer for Jamie Vardy and Alexandre Lacazette, Arsene Wenger has told Akpom to stay for now and try to take his chance.

Olivier Giroud only returns to training next week – and could still be an option from the bench against Liverpool – but, unless there is a breakthrough in talks for Lacazette, that leaves Wenger needing to choose either between Akpom or asking Alexis Sanchez or Theo Walcott to play through the middle.

Walcott has said that he sees himself as more of a wide player again now after a very mixed experience last season when he did play more regularly as the main central striker. Wenger also prefers Sanchez cutting in from a wider attacking position – and is probably still most likely to ask one of them to play centrally against Liverpool – but he will only make a final decision after assessing Akpom this weekend.

Akpom spent last season on loan at Hull City and, although a return of only seven goals hardly suggests that he is the answer, he was part of a team that won promotion via the Championship play-offs. At 20, he is clearly also still developing and did score in both of Arsenal’s pre-season games in the United States.

Unless he succeeds in adding a centre-back over the next week - and Valencia’s Shkodran Mustafi remains the main target – Wenger also faces a similar selection quandary in defence. Gabriel is certain to start against Liverpool as one centre-back but Wenger must then decide between playing either Rob Holding or Calum Chambers or asking Nacho Monreal or Mathieu Debuchy to move from their more familiar full-back positions as cover.

Given the inexperience of both Holding and Chambers, the full-back options of Kieran Gibbs and Hector Bellerin might make that an appealing solution if Laurent Koscielny is not deemed match fit.

Debuchy, Gibbs, Bellerin and Monreal have all travelled to Norway but, as expected, Jack Wilshere has missed out and will receive further treatment on his patella injury.

So far Akpom has been having a good preseason. He's young and the areas where he lacks, he will improve over time. I think a lot of fans are hoping that he turns out like Kane.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom