⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play that stands out to me the most about Zo was after he tore his ACL, he refused help from his teammates and walked off the court under his own power.

That and the countless flexing and poster dunks.

EtrLinOUcAEly0e

NFL I can agree with as 'football' refers to 'soccer' outside of America - and it (American football) ain't popular outside of N.America.

Basketball is 'basketball' globally and the league has or had athletes from all over the globe. Just my opinion but I think it's OK to use 'world' champions in this instance.

having thought about it, I believe the title is politically incorrect by virtue of lack of involvement by other countries in the sport and lack of players from other countries playing the sport. american football in itself shouldn't be a world sport. futbol for example is really a world sport, so is basketball. the closest sport that is similar to american football which is played by more countries is rugby. due to popularity and exclusiveness of american football, they should drop the notion of world champs but instead just call it U.S./Cup Champs. the NBA and NHL for example don't consider themselves World Champs, but there is a separate world competition for both sports which is considered worldly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom