⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might not need a big though. It’s just Embiid you gotta worry about. He’s not going to beat you by himself and I don’t trust any one else on that team.
Adding another big wouldn't hurt either. BKN may not even be worried about Philly. Nets tryna match up with LAL. There's no doubt in my mind KD and KI both know they goin to the Finals

LAL 5-2 without AD.

Last year in the regular season, Lakers had a winning record without AD. Meanwhile LAL record wasn't as good when Lebron missed time.

But the truth is Bron and AD both need each other just like Curry and Klay, Kawhi and PG, Tatum and Brown, Jokic and Murray, etc etc.

No single superstar can carry a team deep into the playoffs by himself.

1613817337897.png

Jazz could very well be better without Conley, but the numbers suggest otherwise. Need a lot more consistency from Bojan after the good game he had. Royce played good D but was horrible offensively

This joe Johnson interview is great. Dude is countrier than a syrup sandwich

I was going to post it for BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE to listen to on his morning drive.

I am noticing Jack has a tendency to "One Up" or "Me Too" a lotof statements made by the guests. Start paying attention to it addict4sneakers addict4sneakers . :lol: - I swear he did it like 4 times during the Joe JOhnson talk.

But BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE

Former Sun, Brooklyn Net and Atlanta Hawk, Joe Johnson, joins Matt and Stephen on episode 72 of ALL THE SMOKE. 'Iso Joe' discusses his long 18-year NBA career, including his time in Phoenix with Steve Nash & Amar'e Stoudemire. Plus, Johnson talks about his time in Atlanta and Brooklyn, including stories about the Nets trade for KG and Paul Pierce. Also, he opens up about his idols, his knack for late-game heroics, and his time in the 'Big 3' league.

(1) Joe Johnson | Ep 72 | ALL THE SMOKE Full Episode | SHOWTIME Basketball - YouTube

In Marcus Thompson's 2017 book -- Golden: The Miraculous rise of Stephen Curry -- it was asserted that Jackson once asked Curry to take part in something of a spiritual healing ceremony in his church. From Thompson:

A part of the tradition at Jackson's church was a spirited service including worshippers jogging along the walls of the congregation in praise. Curry, two days removed from his latest sprain, found himself taking laps with Jackson and the other members filled with the spirit. Then after Jackson's sermon, his wife and co-pastor, Desiree, continued the worship with an impromptu sermon and benediction. She also called Curry to the altar.

They took off his shoes and socks, anointed his ankle with oil and prayed for healing. The parishioners lifted their voices in chants and amens, calling on God to bless one of His Christian ambassadors. Service at Jackson's church was much more passionate and engaging than Curry was used to back in Charlotte. But he humbly accepted the blessing that was being offered and returned to his seat with a smile on his face.

"Where you going?" Desiree asked the star point guard in front of the congregation. Curry responded with his go-to look of bewilderment, a half smile and widened eyes. He thought he was supposed to return back among the flock when she was done.

"You don't get a blessing from the Lord and just walk off!" she shouted. "Show us you believe in the power of God."

It took Curry a second to understand what she meant. Then the old Bible stories rushed to his mind. Like when Jesus healed the lame man at the Pool of Bethesda, that man had to pick up his mat and walk. If he believed he was healed, he needed to show it.

So Curry started shimmying and hopping on his right foot, much to the delight of the congregation.

"I didn't know what else to do," Curry said

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mark Jackson says Warriors 'narrative' has kept him from second coaching chance, but it's a lot more than that https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...hing-chance-but-its-a-lot-more-than-that/amp/

I wonder if Steph’s catching-the-Holy-Ghost shimmy was just like his on-court celebration shimmy?

LAL 5-2 without AD.

Last year in the regular season, Lakers had a winning record without AD. Meanwhile LAL record wasn't as good when Lebron missed time.

But the truth is Bron and AD both need each other just like Curry and Klay, Kawhi and PG, Tatum and Brown, Jokic and Murray, etc etc.

No single superstar can carry a team deep into the playoffs by himself.

it's a team effort. I remember how that 2002 Sacramento Kings made that superstars stacked Lakers squad shake in their boots. the Lakers practically needed Tim Donaghy to beat that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom