⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my POV...alot of it seems to have picked up steam recently and it's 100% tied to Lamelo. Some think he could be giving the same impact if given the same opportunities...which is ridiculous.

LOL. Completely irrational. I’m failing to see what “Kerr is doing to James Wiseman”. He’s a rim runner, dudes acting like he’s supposed to be doing much more than that as a rookie when he just doesn’t even have the reps yet are delusional. He also plays the least important position in the modern NBA and doesn’t possess the skills that make the unicorns at that position special. They should’ve picked Melo regardless, I’ve been banging that drum since pre-draft.

LOL. Completely irrational. I’m failing to see what “Kerr is doing to James Wiseman”. He’s a rim runner, dudes acting like he’s supposed to be doing much more than that as a rookie when he just doesn’t even have the reps yet are delusional. He also plays the least important position in the modern NBA and doesn’t possess the skills that make the unicorns at that position special. They should’ve picked Melo regardless, I’ve been banging that drum since pre-draft.
Not the biggest Wiseman fan, but he has some shooting skills to go with his rolling that should be explored. But Kerr has him playing like Kevon Looney. :lol:

Not the biggest Wiseman fan, but he has some shooting skills to go with his rolling that should be explored. But Kerr has him playing like Kevon Looney. :lol:
In terms of feel and actually knowing what to do when though? It seems like they’re trying to bring him along slowly. The kid clearly hasn’t played a lot of basketball. He’s struggling to catch on some nights. I think people are simplifying what it takes for a 19 year old to consistently look like a competent basketball player amongst grown men just because we’re seeing others succeed.

I didn't want him...but I also didn't want Melo either. I didn't have anyone in this draft as a future all-nba+ tier 1 guy...and I'm still not quite off that boat. If Melo makes me look silly in 5 years I'll eat it.

Wanted them to trade down for Haliburton since he had the highest floor.

In terms of feel and actually knowing what to do when though? It seems like they’re trying to bring him along slowly. The kid clearly hasn’t played a lot of basketball. He’s struggling to catch on some nights. I think people are simplifying what it takes for a 19 year old to consistently look like a competent basketball player amongst grown men just because we’re seeing others succeed.
True. Wiseman is kind of soft and you can see his confidence wavering at times on the floor.

That wrist injury a few weeks back really screwed him.

Kerr has curry on the team with a 27th ranked offense :sick:

One of the most overrated coaches ever

But they don’t have any that good other than Curry. Draymond is washed. Wiggins & Oubre are both inconsistent. Their bench is pretty weak outside of Paschal.

That’s why, after Klay went down, most of us in here projected them as a low seed playoff team at best.

EYE personally find it pretty unlikely any other coach would have them higher than where they are with the same players.

I didn't want him...but I also didn't want Melo either. I didn't have anyone in this draft as a future all-nba+ tier 1 guy...and I'm still not quite off that boat. If Melo makes me look silly in 5 years I'll eat it.

Wanted them to trade down for Haliburton since he had the highest floor.
It was more about positional value and ceiling for me. The Warriors were definitely in a position to swing for a high ceiling prospect to include with their core to extend the run. Melo was the highest ceiling kid. Wiseman isn’t a Embiid, Jokic or KAT type of big. His flaws are glaring and run counter to today’s game. The position overall just isn’t worth as much unless you have one of those unicorns so it never really made sense. It was safe I guess because he’ll end up being a good rim protector and rim runner but those guys are like running backs in the NFL today.

datznasty datznasty a-friend a-friend and any other Okc fans. Y’all need to start a SGA fan account on Twitter or something :lol:

He is legit a star. I’m thinking he’s the second best player in his draft behind Luka.

In a re-draft, I’m not taking anyone other than Luka over SGA. I haven’t followed as closely since he’s been on OKC, but on the Clippers,
SGA defended at a high level too.

Pick just never made any sense from the get go. Your entire success been built around a perimeter oriented attack with a dynamic guard and small ball center and you take a dinosaur who is the anthesis of all of that.

Last edited:
Warriors really do need Wiseman to pop one way or another. Either as a building block for the next 15 years or a building block for a mega trade.

They might have no choice in a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom