⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthony Davis isn't even the second-best player in California.

You got it though.

Eh coming into this season, consensus was that he was but whatever. He hasn't performed up to that moniker. Playoffs are where it counts though.

Eh coming into this season, consensus was that he was but whatever. He hasn't performed up to that moniker. Playoffs are where it counts though.

That just means when he comes back and is AD again, you can proclaim him being top 2 again. its only fair.

JLO a free agent
F3CDFCB9-4D94-41E8-807F-071B2259254B.gif

j.lo...meh
holla at me when salma gets bought out
In all seriousness, what powerful uber celebrity women actually date normal *** ******? Not like dudes who's dads own a hedge fund and are billionaires with a b but not famous for it, but just like ****** from the block with a nice mouthpiece? Does it happen? Jazzmine Sullivan maybe?

comparing KaT to Drummond is a super reach.
KAT is one of the best offensive players in the league
Drummond is pretty much a negative on both ends of the floor which is why his stats are empty.

theres no comparison. I just put out the biggest empty stats guy in the league.

In all seriousness, what powerful uber celebrity women actually date normal *** ******? Not like dudes who's dads own a hedge fund and are billionaires with a b but not famous for it, but just like ****** from the block with a nice mouthpiece? Does it happen? Jazzmine Sullivan maybe?

I can’t think of any. Some of them end up with lower profile people in the entertainment business, but not normal civilians like the barista from their regular Starbucks or a stocky, but moderately handsome healthcare lawyer.

Does Maya Moore count

A couple weeks ago the warriors were only needing to get Jarrett Allen for a near certain wcf appearance and now, here we are. Never had faith in this team finishing top 8, even when Steph was playing possessed. They still can, but if they sneak into the 7th or 8th spot, then what? If ball continues to get better, he’d be the obvious future when Father Time catches Steph and/or Klay.

Hindsight’s 50/50 though.
(I know the correct saying)

I think you missed the point I was trying to make.

When you have Steph Curry on your team, you owe it to him to compete for championships every year. You can’t half compete & half plan for the future with a player of that caliber. Pick a side. Either go all in with Steph and trade the picks/Wiseman, or trade Steph and go all in with the rebuild. IMO it’s not fair to Steph to half *** both directions.

Let’s do an exercise: if the warriors had never won a title and randomly signed Steph before the season started, would their goal be to do whatever it takes to maximize Steph’s window & compete now OR would they be like we got Steph and we want to build for the future at the same time?

What it the lakers signed bron and kept all the young pieces and didn’t try to upgrade / cash in on their young assets to maximize Bron’s window? We’d all be saying bron went to la to retire and make movies and that he doesn’t care about titles anymore. IMO it’s a disservice to top 10/15/whatever players of all time if you have one of them and don’t try to compete every single year. Steph is 33 he’s not getting younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom