⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't seen it before that .gif - but yeah that's a travel.

Ball doesn't move. The gif isn't super smooth but it doesn't even look like the ball rotates in his hands at all.

However you cut it the refs blew the call. You can't punish Julius because he didn't lose control. It's a jump ball.

can’t be a jumpball if one guy maintains possession the whole time

If julius is making that same move for a layup, there’s no complaints of a jump ball or block.

He’s gotta bobble it on purpose. He didn’t.

I hadn't seen it before that .gif - but yeah that's a travel.

Ball doesn't move. The gif isn't super smooth but it doesn't even look like the ball rotates in his hands at all.

What is your definition of "move"?

Because they showed the replay several times on ESPN and when Kyrie hit it the ball rolled down his wrist a little bit.

Thibbs couldn’t have challenged the Randle play because he used his challenge to get that jump ball before that possession

the ball kinda moves (on replay) but to the naked eye in real time it doesn’t look like it even tho Myrie got a hand on the ball. However that hand on the ball wasn’t long enough to force a held ball call.

The harden travel was more egregious but he turned it over anyway lol

can’t be a jumpball if one guy maintains possession the whole time

If julius is making that same move for a layup, there’s no complaints of a jump ball or block.

He’s gotta bobble it on purpose. He didn’t.

I guess. I've seen it called both ways TBH.

Weird that after winning a challenge a play earlier, Thibs didn't challenge that with the game on the line.

I thought it was NFL rules. You get another challenge and your timeout back if you win one.

Weird that after winning a challenge a play earlier, Thibs didn't challenge that with the game on the line.

I thought it was NFL rules. You get another challenge and your timeout back if you win one.
Only get 1 challenge a game, and it’s up to the refs in the final mins

That's doesn't make much sense then. I understand cutting down stoppages of play, but if you win a challenge you should be awarded another.

So it's refs decision under 2 mins like NFL though?

To me that's a travel. He literally has to appear even if purposely to have lost more control of the ball, then if he lands with it still in his possessions it's a jumpball. Guys I hooped with would bobble it on purpose and drop it and continue dribbling.

Still arguing about that call :lol:

There was no "loss of possession". Ball never leaves Randle's hands. Travel.

Unfortunate timing.

But that wiseman tech was the worst call I’ve seen in years. They would have had to eject me
initially i saw it as a possible flagrant
but upon review and seeing it from different angles, it couldve just been a loose ball foul rather than a tech since he didnt make contact when his arm went back up
a tech was better than getting a reg foul cause dude wouldve been riding the bench the rest of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom