⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
New York City is a terrible place. That best city thing died ages ago... Unless you have money.
I don’t know what you’re referencing with “the best city thing” but if we’re going to talk about things that are overrated, word to 2021 LMA and BG, NYC isn’t ALL that. At least not what it’s cracked up to be.

Curious to hear what your “best city” is
I don't have one and LA isn't it either. But I value cost effectiveness. Everything else that people use to tout what a good city is can literally be found in every city.

Stuff like "the baddest women" and "the best food" is nonsensical and unquantifiable. New York City and its crazy cost of living combined with the even more ridiculous state and city taxes make it suck to me.

I don't have one and LA isn't it either. But I value cost effectiveness. Everything else that people use to tout what a good city is can literally be found in every city.

Stuff like "the baddest women" is nonsensical and unquantifiable. New York City and its crazy cost of living combined with the even more ridiculous state and city taxes make it suck to me.
You can’t find the culture and diversity of nyc in any other city in America... if you think that you’re missing the point entirely.

Stuff like "the baddest women" and "the best food" is nonsensical and unquantifiable. New York City and its crazy cost of living combined with the even more ridiculous state and city taxes make it suck to me.
I hear you ... it's individual dependent.

Price, cost, salary is all relative when discussing cities. The same job I have in Atlanta would be adjusted upwardly by $15-$20k if I lived in LA or NYC. I don’t understand the argument really lol

It takes money to live in any major city in the US.

Price, cost, salary is all relative when discussing cities. The same job I have in Atlanta would be adjusted upwardly by $15-$20k if I lived in LA or NYC. I don’t understand the argument really lol

That isn't always true. My job does not adjust salary based on location all the salaries are an arbitrage... The bonuses adjust but a bonus is totally discretionary so you can't rely on that.

Went to NYC for a day in 2017, took the train from Philly though. It was awesome.

antidope antidope could probably confirm but I feel a $15-20K adjustment after taxes won’t even get you anywhere near a comparably sized place in Manhattan as what you have in ATL. NYC’s cost of living is DIFFERENT.

Knicks slander :smh:

NBA so much better when they're in the mix, especially when fans are allowed in the building.

You don't have to be a fan to recognize that, unless that the sodium is just overwhelming.

Also the Mecca of ball and the most famous arena.

Mecca of hip-hop too.

NBA has been doing great with them being irrelevant for the better part of 20 years now. Knicks are a legacy franchise in name only.

Their fans are some of the best in the league no doubt, but nothing else about that franchise is redeemable or praise worthy.

I don’t know what you’re referencing with “the best city thing” but if we’re going to talk about things that are overrated, word to 2021 LMA and BG, NYC isn’t ALL that. At least not what it’s cracked up to be.
Where'd did you go if you dont mind me asking. If yall just went to time Square then of course it won't be an enjoyable experience. If you had locals to chill with and actually did the local ****, chill the heights, chill in Brooklyn, Queens etc, you'd be singing a different tune.

Most people read opinion pieces, talk to people online or experience a very small part of a city and that's enough for them to declare it "trash" in its entirety. Americans are weird people. That "me and everything I do, what I like, who I like, where I'm from is better" mentality is sad. :lol:

Yeah, after this season, I’m going to be more cautious about declaring former all-star level players who are on bad teams to be washed. These guys are sneaky. :smh:
1183187990.jpg.jpg

Ah yes, the enjoyment of living is only based on “quantifiable” things like lower taxes. Enjoy South Dakota then.
Not at all what I said but I've made my point and you have made yours. It's all about personal preference anyways. I personally don't get much yield out of those things and would rather have the money.

NBA has been doing great with them being irrelevant for the better part of 20 years now. Knicks are a legacy franchise in name only.

Their fans are some of the best in the league no doubt, but nothing else about that franchise is redeemable or praise worthy.
Just because people keep watching ... just like anything else. However, when the Knicks are in the Mix ... those numbers at the very least double.

Come on ... win or lose ... Knicks are always a headline.

BUT GO AHEAD ... DO YOU!

antidope antidope could probably confirm but I feel a $15-20K adjustment after taxes won’t even get you anywhere near a comparably sized place in Manhattan as what you have in ATL. NYC’s cost of living is DIFFERENT.

Yea, it’s part of the reason why I didnt apply at any corporations HQ’d north of DC after I graduated college lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom