⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
What pressure cooker? Y'all throwing Timbs in the air for being a .500 team. I member when Zion x KD x Myrie was all the rage. KD and Myrie could have chose to go to the Knicks they declined.

Knicks don't have any assets anybody would want, a trash owner, no winning culture or history in the past 20 years, literally the only claim to fame is being in Manhattan.
Just out here rambling nonsense with a lil bit of ESPN narratives sprinkled in

Emotional.

Most people read opinion pieces, talk to people online or experience a very small part of a city and that's enough for them to declare it "trash" in its entirety. Americans are weird people. That "me and everything I do, what I like, who I like, where I'm from is better" mentality is sad. :lol:
I hope this is not what I'm doing. I'm only speaking to my personal experience of living here.

Big Cities and destinations are - by and large - what you make them.

There’s fun and experiences to be had everywhere on the planet if you’re trying.

I wouldn’t live in New York City or California in general, but I get the appeal. Different strokes.

The thing I will give NYC is growing up here was great for development. I was exposed to every single culture, religion, belief, race, etc from the time I was a kid onwards. It definitely shaped me into the person I am today. I was fortunate to live and go to school with diversity.

You can definitely quantify the diversity of NYC vs somewhere else. Da Census B.

Goat level advice. Brad a boss.

'you make it to the league, you gotta guard me. And can't none of you lil ****** guard me'

Last edited:
Not at all what I said but I've made my point and you have made yours. It's all about personal preference anyways. I personally don't get much yield out of those things and would rather have the money.
I get it. Everyone has their own preferences. A lot of people who visit nyc miss the point though. It’s not about the tourist sites or the money or the women or whatever. Or even the partying or the nightlife though all that stuff is great.

The thing I will give NYC is growing up here was great for development. I was exposed to every single culture, religion, belief, race, etc from the time I was a kid onwards. It definitely shaped me into the person I am today. I was fortunate to live and go to school with diversity.

You can definitely quantify the diversity of NYC vs somewhere else. Da Census B.

More like this. The energy and the people. And the convenience of having everything so available of course.

Big Cities and destinations are - by and large - what you make them.

There’s fun and experiences to be had everywhere on the planet if you’re trying.

I wouldn’t live in New York City or California in general, but I get the appeal. Different strokes.

Me either but we ain't rich.

Those places have a different appeal once you hit 8 figures.

It’s not like that’s the only city that’s diverse and has culture though :lol:

t
Where'd did you go if you dont mind me asking. If yall just went to time Square then of course it won't be an enjoyable experience. If you had locals to chill with and actually did the local ****, chill the heights, chill in Brooklyn, Queens etc, you'd be singing a different tune.

I was in NYC regularly for 4-5 year stretch and at one point even subleted space in Manhattan for a 9-months but the single longest stretch I was there may have been 2-weeks max. Through all that I actually think I’ve only been to Times Square once, maybe twice :lol:. My friends lived in either Manhattan or Brooklyn but I have obviously been to Queens, The Heights, etc and it was just OK to me. What did I miss?

Most people read opinion pieces, talk to people online or experience a very small part of a city and that's enough for them to declare it "trash" in its entirety. Americans are weird people. That "me and everything I do, what I like, who I like, where I'm from is better" mentality is sad. :lol:

I’m not calling it trash but I just think it’s an overrated place to live from what what I’ve seen and my experiences.

That isn't always true. My job does not adjust salary based on location all the salaries are an arbitrage... The bonuses adjust but a bonus is totally discretionary so you can't rely on that.
Yea. My company has offices in PA, NC and AZ. The job levels are the same across all sites. My money would go farther if I lived in AZ or NC as a opposed to PA

Like Boston. You got your choice of racists with a new england accent, racists with a southie accent and racists with an irish accent. The diversity :pimp:

You guys got your racists too. I saw the vid of NY-bakery-maskeless-racist-Karen. :smh:

Southern California has plenty too, but thankfully they mostly stay in OC, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.

You guys got your racists too. I saw the vid of NY-bakery-maskeless-racist-Karen. :smh:

Southern California has plenty too, but thankfully they mostly stay in OC, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.
And in Manhattan Beach apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom