⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Doc wouldn’t let his son not be able to flourish in the league and leave him for dead. If anything he will be in Philly. Austin can still contribute off the bench for sure.

That's why half the teams DONT WIN CHIPS. Y'all still not getting it.

When I say "big" I dont mean strictly guys who play inside.

A big who can stretch the floor OPENS UP THE INSIDE BECAUSE IT DRAWS THE OTHER BIG AWAY FROM THE PAINT.

Hence why it is important for a roster to have Bigs who can BOTH play the inside game AND stretch the floor so that your team ain't one-dimensional.

And teams who have these pieces PLUS have a superstar big who can score in the post a la AD, Embiid, Bron, KD, LMA, BG, etc? They're the ones who will likely capture the crown.

Formula to win chips been the same since the 60s. This is basketball bro not fantasy Statland lol
The thing is, most bigs who can stretch the floor can’t play a lick of defense when having to go out on the perimeter or even inside

Brook Lopez can guard the post but can’t do anything on a switch inside
Frank The Tank can be passable outside but getting worked inside
Mike Scott getting beat inside and out

I already stopped caring about stats comparing different generations once they changed the shot clock rules. But now with that new Wilson ball, forget about it. Everyone’s shooting % gonna sky rocket.

Drummond just like everyone. If you’re not kissing compatible lol it’s over before it ever really started

The thing is, most bigs who can stretch the floor can’t play a lick of defense when having to go out on the perimeter or even inside

Brook Lopez can guard the post but can’t do anything on a switch inside
Frank The Tank can be passable outside but getting worked inside
Mike Scott getting beat inside and out
Hence why PHX and MIL ain't winning the chip this year even though their "contenders." They dont have the balance in their depth like the Lakers and Nets do. Mike Scott fortunate he got Embiid and Dwight to mask his weaknesses.

Get it now?

Only LAL, BKN, or PHIL will win the chip this year based on what I'm seeing in the way the rosters are built.

And teams who have these pieces PLUS have a superstar big who can score in the post a la AD, Embiid, Bron, KD, LMA, BG, etc? They're the ones who will likely capture the crown.
1616952906960.gif

Hence why PHX and MIL ain't winning the chip this year even though their "contenders." They dont have the balance in their depth like the Lakers and Nets do. Mike Scott fortunate he got Embiid and Dwight to mask his weaknesses.

Get it now?

Only LAL, BKN, or PHIL will win the chip this year based on what I'm seeing in the way the rosters are built.

brooklyn bigs will have little to do with them winning.

Get it now?

I agree with your premise, I just wouldn’t have listed them considering they aren’t versatile.

Having someone who can generate offense out the post when things outside arent working is a good thing to have. I’m expecting a ton of 3s launched in the playoffs

Nets crunch time lineup hasn't changed. Myrie/Harden/Harris/KD/Green will more than likely be finishing games for Brooklyn. I supposed Green will be swapped if they go against a legitimate bigs like Giannis/Embiid/Bam.

AD is not a low post guy, but his ability to do so against smallball 5s and pickup cheap fouls make him possibly the league's biggest mismatch. When he isn't be timid that is. He falls in love with jumper way too much for me when he could easily throw guys.

brooklyn bigs will have little to do with them winning.
Lmao. So why then did BKN sign Aldridge and Griffin to help out Jordan? So they could look good on paper and in photo shoots? Is Claxton ready (to foul out) against AD or Embiid in the playoffs?

Trust that if Kyrie, Jim, and Kevin had Kevon Looney and Ivica Zubac as their bigs they ain't getting out the East let alone beat the Lakers.

LOL

Drummond just like everyone. If you’re not kissing compatible lol it’s over before it ever really started

About a year after the fact, my wife revealed she was not feeling our first kiss. But her gripe was stylistic, not anatomical. I figured it out, apparently.

Lmao. So why then did BKN sign Aldridge and Griffin to help out Jordan? So they could look good on paper and in photo shoots?

Trust that if Kyrie, Jim, and Kevin had Kevon Looney and Ivica Zubac as their bigs they ain't getting out the East let alone beat the Lakers.

LOL

they are depth pieces but won’t be the reason why they win. You want to give Embiid different looks every second he’s in the game. Your stars aren’t deferring to washed LMA. His best value will be with James in pick and pop.

I get the point ya'll are trying to make but AD is very much still a big, this is really emphasized when you see what he does defensively & on the boards.

He's a big with Range, but still a big man. Dudes tryna make it seem like he's KD or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom