⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmons also mentioned that the ref fold him at halftime this should’ve been called a foul

Yea I’ve noticed that since ASB. Simmons hasn’t looked that good and been picking up a lot of soft fouls but guys are hella physical with him. I’m still mad about how Jrue ran into him and flopped and drew a foul smh

“I expect special treatment because ___________”.

Shut up and retire already, JJ.
This is... quite literally... what every player that's demanded/requested a trade has wanted and expected for several years now.

Normally folks in here celebrating player power and influencing or controlling where they ultimately wanna go/land.

Why is this different?

Im always gunna defend 1950's basketball players :lol:

Couz was def overrated as first white NBA star guard, and early dribble and passing innovator.
and he got way too much credit when it realistically 90% of the credit should go to Bill Russell.

but in his prime the early 50's celtics we're usually at the top of the league in terms of offense.
I think the creativity translates to any era.

You're just evaluating guys who you weren't alive to see based on stats lol? :lol:

This is... quite literally... what every player that's demanded/requested a trade has wanted and expected for several years now.

Normally folks in here celebrating player power and influencing or controlling where they ultimately wanna go/land.

Why is this different?

No, this is a little different coming from him, a guy that’s got maybe a little too much to say about other guy’s deals and who is deserving and who is not.

If you feel like it, I suggest you do a little deep dive on JJ paying close attention to his tone when discussing other players and their contract situations on his podcasts over the years. I’ve yet to see him apply the same scrutiny and doubt to his own situation as he does to that of other players.

Once you do that, I’d be willing to discuss further, until then, I’m not gonna go back n forth with you knowing that you haven’t bothered to take into account some of his reckless takes.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Why does Udonis Haslem think Jason Terry was the MVP of the 2011 Finals? He says he did his thing on Dirk...and that Dirk only had a couple of ok games but it was Jason Terry who killed them :lol: :smh:

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 5.36.32 PM.png

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Why does Udonis Haslem think Jason Terry was the MVP of the 2011 Finals? He says he did his thing on Dirk...and that Dirk only had a couple of ok games but it was Jason Terry who killed them :lol: :smh:

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 5.36.32 PM.png

Check the game log. Terry stood out in game 5 and 6. If you watch those two games over he was the catalyst for sure. People tend to remember the most recent events I guess, he's still wild for that statement.

Dirk had a bad game 6, but still definitely deserved MVP.

Check the game log. Terry stood out in game 5 and 6. If you watch those two games over he was the catalyst for sure. People tend to remember the most recent events I guess, he's still wild for that statement.

Dirk had a bad game 6, but still definitely deserved MVP.
If I remember right, Dirk didn’t shoot it well in games like 4 and 6... aside from that he was cookin.

Jet was the rock in Game 6 to close it out for sure.

No, this is a little different coming from him, a guy that’s got maybe a little too much to say about other guy’s deals and who is deserving and who is not.

If you feel like it, I suggest you do a little deep dive on JJ paying close attention to his tone when discussing other players and their contract situations on his podcasts over the years. I’ve yet to see him apply the same scrutiny and doubt to his own situation as he does to that of other players.

Once you do that, I’d be willing to discuss further, until then, I’m not gonna go back n forth with you knowing that you haven’t bothered to take into account some of his reckless takes.
wasn’t trying to go back and forth - genuinely haven’t kept up with anything JJ Redick-related for years until the last week or so.

I’m not gonna go dig through 300+ videos on his YouTube searching things out.

But if you got any specific ones off the top of your head that were particularly egregious, happy to poke around and give them a listen.

You're just evaluating guys who you weren't alive to see based on stats lol? :lol:

partially, stats provide good context, especially team performance. highlight reels can only tell you so much.

Ben Taylors from thinking basketballs patreon has more advanced stats and footage breakdown on the 50s-60's basketball that's changed my thinking on some guys from that era.

and you can pull up footage of cousy on this thing called youtube tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom