⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a LeBron doc dropped today, it'd be top 2 highest watched thing that week, it could just be 45 minutes about his family life, LeBron talking about his cars, LeBron tells HGTV about his house, LeBron on Food Network tells his favorite restaurants, LeBron on MTV talking his favorite albums, doesn't even matter. Someone produces a Tarasi documentary and runs it during primetime, ****s getting toasted by background noise tv. And reruns are going to the Bolivia that is OWN or Lifetime VII
Nobody cared about NBA players like that in the infant stages of the league either. The league didn't really takeoff like that until Magic and Bird. Some WNBA reps give the impression that they want to fast forward thru the struggle phase. The unequal treatment and facilities is understandable tho

Every time this topic comes up people never provide proper reasoning as to why other businesses & advertisers should start throwing money into the league other than "it's fair" as if that has ever been a part of business.

The app never gave me any trouble.

Nothing to do with the app, but I just saw a billboard indicating Speedy Gonzalez appears on Space Jam 2, starring LeBron “Taco Tuesday” James. What a coincidence.

• Sad
Reactions: HIM
Screenshot_20210401-165852_SmartNews.jpg

Women’s interest is the biggest issue the WNBA faces. Why don’t they address that?
Draymond is saying marketing the women’s backgrounds will address that. I don’t agree. They launched in the late 90s and had a TON of money behind them. Didn’t help. Dray should remember that.

Bottom line they need a player or players to come along and completely change the way their game is played...... just like the men did. I don’t know why they’re trying to ignore that elephant in the room. Wilt, Russell, Baylor, Oscar Robertson, etc are legends. The NBA was still on commercial flights & games were on tape delay :lol:

What womens league in any sport has been a huge success? I don't think any one player can change it the fanfare will never be comparable to male leagues. And that's OK these women who've worked all their lives to be pro athletes should still be compensated fairly. Gotta come up with something pay em with tax dollars for all I care better than going to a cop who sits at a construction site on his phone all day making 70/hr.

I'd be mad too if I'm playing the same sport getting less than an analytics guy for a men's team. They can "complain" all they want imo

Last edited:
Draymond is saying marketing the women’s backgrounds will address that. I don’t agree. They launched in the late 90s and had a TON of money behind them. Didn’t help. Dray should remember that.

Bottom line they need a player or players to come along and completely change the way their game is played...... just like the men did. I don’t know why they’re trying to ignore that elephant in the room. Wilt, Russell, Baylor, Oscar Robertson, etc are legends. The NBA was still on commercial flights & games were on tape delay :lol:

The Female Chef is coming soon

1617317899489.png

Draymond is 31. How would he know about their marketing budget in the 90s? That was also a different time. He's right. I would try and target the female audience once more and see if they are able to get more viewers, but I don' think they will get that much more viewership instantaneously. Most women(at least the ones I know ) aren't necessarily running home to watch basketball or any other sport for that matter. So this may take some time.

KD with the Jerry Springer apology “I wish you didn’t see me do that”

I think the talent is getting a little bitter but they have a long ways to go. It would still help to be reminded on when a games is on. It’s almost as if there’s no promotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom