⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the life of me I can't figure out why people care Jrue got 40 million.

If dude got 25 it would in no way change the Bucks cap space vs him taking 40.

They are going to be over either way and the opportunity cost to give him 40 vs 25 is nothing basketball roster wise.

It's pocket watching
This seems like short-term thinking IMO. If it comes to that, a Jrue Holiday approaching 35 years old is going to be significantly harder to move at $40MM than a smaller number. See: Kyle Lowry struggling to get teams to bite on $50MM/2yrs.

This seems like short-term thinking IMO. If it comes to that, a Jrue Holiday approaching 35 years old is going to be significantly harder to move at $40MM than a smaller number. See: Kyle Lowry struggling to get teams to bite on $50MM/2yrs.

A. If you are moving Jrue then you are blowing it up and starting over anyways, Giannis is probably out too.

B. The current TV rights deal is up in 25 which is the last year of that deal. The salary cap is doubling or tripling that year.

C. You realize there's no alternative way of replacing him right? You are talking about something that MIGHT be hard to do 3 or 4 years down the road when if leaves for nothing now then what?

Making your teams hands worse over 8 million dollars you can't use to improve the team anyways just stupid

Also that's a totally different conversation betweem trading multiple 1sts and/or young players then paying Kyle 25Ms vs being able to sign him outright in the summer

serge.jpg

serge1.jpg

wow thats the first time ive ever seen someone not get called for a foul while landing on someones foot while shooting a 3.

A. If you are moving Jrue then you are blowing it up and starting over anyways, Giannis is probably out too.

B. The current TV rights deal is up in 25 which is the last year of that deal. The salary cap is doubling or tripling that year.

C. You realize there's no alternative way of replacing him right? You are talking about something that MIGHT be hard to do 3 or 4 years down the road when if leaves for nothing now then what?

Making your teams hands worse over 8 million dollars you can't use to improve the team anyways just stupid

Also that's a totally different conversation betweem trading multiple 1sts and/or young players then paying Kyle 25Ms vs being able to sign him outright in the summer
I’ll just close with this - I didn’t say there was an alternative to replace him or that they should replace him. EYE am just surprised they made this move at this moment at that number because I hadn’t heard anything about his Player Option this summer or an extension. For me personally, an extension right now is hard for me to evaluate without the context of the size of other bags being handed out during the same time period.

I’ll re-visit this in the summer.

Jrue's deal is 135/4 guaranteed with incentives to get it to 160/4

He was getting 135/4 easily in FA, especially when he would have been the #1 player available that's unrestricted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom