⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never forget the time my wife (then girlfriend) and I went to a Lakers preseason game at the Forum. During pre-game warm-ups they played Ruff Ryders Anthem and at least half the people in the arena stood up and danced/sang along to it. Was a pretty cool moment.

RIP, DMX.

I just watched this. I don't think I completely agree with the list but the amount of analysis and thinking behind this was really impressive.

But a great point mentioned between MJ and LeBron:
  • MJ is more plug and play, you add him to any team and he will raise that team to a contender much like KD.
  • LeBron is more of a system within himself, even though he will raise the floor of any team he plays with, it's clear that you need to surround him with shooters and have him be the primary ball handler.
Overall, it was a great video.

I just watched this. I don't think I completely agree with the list but the amount of analysis and thinking behind this was really impressive.

But a great point mentioned between MJ and LeBron:
  • MJ is more plug and play, you add him to any team and he will raise that team to a contender much like KD.
  • LeBron is more of a system within himself, even though he will raise the floor of any team he plays with, it's clear that you need to surround him with shooters and have him be the primary ball handler.
Overall, it was a great video.
I actually thought this was an unfair way to separate the two. Up until now, Bron's primary running mate had to have the ball in his hands to be effective so it was part of the reason why his impact dropped when he played with another star. I don't think that makes him less Plug & Play than Mike.

Its hard for me to see the more versatile player being less insertable

Katya really showing her ***...

and I’m here for it.
I see it
leo.png

Not recommended reading for Russ Stans.
Let me give them cliffs:
Watching Russell Westbrook play basketball this season is, in a word, confusing. Is he the NBA’s worst star or most captivating stat monger?

Out of 165 players who’ve played at least 1,000 minutes this season, Westbrook is 155th in total RAPTOR, a rating system that uses tracking data to calculate players' value based on plus-minus and wins above replacement. He also ranks 37th among point guards in real plus-minus, with more turnovers than any other player.

When Westbrook shares the floor with Bradley Beal, the Wizards score 110.7 points per 100 possessions (or good for about the 19th-best offense in the league). When Beal is alone that number ticks up to 113.1 points per 100 possessions (right outside the top 10). When Westbrook plays without Beal the team’s offensive rating is ... 98.6. This is “makes the Cavs look like the Lakers bad. And at -221 he ranks 504 out of 514 players in plus-minus.

Only 29% of his shots come at the rim right now, down from a whopping 49% last season. Those looks have shifted to the midrange, where Westbrook is one of just 10 players who’ve attempted at least 250 pull-up two-point jumpers. He’s only made 40.4% of them, though, which is last in the group and doesn’t come close to justifying such a high volume.

With the days of Westbrook single-handedly lifting a team’s floor over and done, it’s worth thinking about a world where he agrees to a buyout...It’s a far more satisfying reality than the one currently lived, where one of the sport’s all-time individualists is wasting the autumn of his career chasing triple doubles that are all but forgotten two minutes after they’ve been achieved.

Very well said. The masses are finally starting to see it and the jig is up. I find this interesting because if he really doesn't care about rings and his focus is on being a life champion, no way he takes a buyout and doesn't cash in that $47MM Player Option.

Ah yes, considering this is only the 2nd losing season Russ has ever had in his career, let THIS be the referendum on his career. DUMMIES that in the same breath wanna champion Brad Beal who has been putting up numbers on this trash franchise for a while. Russ a LEGEND in the game, deal with it.

One of the three highest-paid players in the league agreeing to a buyout with a full two seasons left on his deal is as bad as it gets for the NBAPA. I hope he does not do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom