⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
lowkey I legit saw a dude in the gym with those booty lifting/separating leggings all the ig celebrities been pushing. They did have son's hams looking right but I was like cmon B, that's for girls

Screenshot_20210409-082050_YouTube.jpg

One of the three highest-paid players in the league agreeing to a buyout with a full two seasons left on his deal is as bad as it gets for the NBAPA. I hope he does not do it.
He got over $40MM last year and didn't eem play in B2Bs :smh: Are non-guaranteed contracts completely off the table for the next CBA?

Russ was hurt at various points last season, got Rona, got hurt again and people trying to count his pockets. Like I've always said, the Russ hate is DIFFERENT.

The players went to the bubble and put their lives on the line for the league. Not trying to even hear that. No concessions from the players NONE.
While that is true, they also put their lives on the line for themselves because they wanted to get paid and also ensure the existing CBA wasn't blown up.

While that is true, they also put their lives on the line for themselves because they wanted to get paid and also ensure the existing CBA wasn't blown up.
Thats true, but only one party is risking their lives here, to support the means of both parties.

Russ can Gary Payton a way to a ring at the very end of his career, ain't giving a dime of that up.

The other day we were talking in here about things we’re not going back to doing even after the pandemic is over.

Related to that subject, I was on the fence about this before, but since I learned today we’re in the era of dudes in yoga pants, I think I’m good on going back to the gym ever. :lol:

Also handshakes.

Russ can Gary Payton a way to a ring at the very end of his career, ain't giving a dime of that up.
Only way that happens is if he takes a buyout now while he’s still *producing*. Can’t imagine him in 2 years

Thats true, but only one party is risking their lives here, to support the means of both parties.
I agree but the alternative is that no one gets paid. The I think most of the Governors would be fine but would the players? It's an unfortunate business dynamic but it's a reality. Kind of ties back to the financial discussion from yesterday but I digress. It's a complex topic but I originally posed the question just thinking from an Governor's point of view.

Only way that happens is if he takes a buyout now while he’s still *producing*. Can’t imagine him in 2 years

He'll be a lesser player but so was Gary when he got to the Lakers and Heat. No need for him to take a buyout. He'll be 34 not 38. You literally got LMA and Blake due to injuries latching on, Russ is likely built different but there's always going to be room for ring chasing vets should be decide to go that route.

He'll be a lesser player but so was Gary when he got to the Lakers and Heat. No need for him to take a buyout. He'll be 34 not 38. You literally got LMA and Blake due to injuries latching on, Russ is likely built different but there's always going to be room for ring chasing vets should be decide to go that route.
As a player who relies on athleticism it’s gonna be sad to watch to 2 years. At least Blake added to his game even when he couldn’t jump

Zero chance I’d take a buyout if I’m Russ. That’s way too much money.

Going to need to be a reliable spot up shooter if he wants that GP ring. And his legacy won’t be defined but a ring he chased anyways. Might as well stat your way to greatness

As a player who relies on athleticism it’s gonna be sad to watch to 2 years. At least Blake added to his game even when he couldn’t jump

When you go from being the most athletic PG in history, the decline may not be as precipitous as you think. He's been dealing with injuries the past couple years but seems to have regained his form. If there's a contender that needs a spark and he's willing to take that role on, there's definitely a place for him. We've just seen too many examples of people prematurely ushering dudes out the league only for them to come in and still have an impact.

Im the farthest thing from a russ fan. But two years from now if he is willing to take a reduced role on a team he will easily be highly sought after.

When you go from being the most athletic PG in history, the decline may not be as precipitous as you think. He's been dealing with injuries the past couple years but seems to have regained his form. If there's a contender that needs a spark and he's willing to take that role on, there's definitely a place for him. We've just seen too many examples of people prematurely ushering dudes out the league only for them to come in and still have an impact.
Again, what improvements has he shown in his game to allow him to still have an impact when he loses more of that bounce?

is he gonna be a 6’4 Ben Simmons?

Again, what improvements has he shown in his game to allow him to still have an impact when he loses more of that bounce?

is he gonna be a 6’4 Ben Simmons?

Russ is still right now more athletic than probably 95% of the guys at his position. How far you thinking he's going to fall barring severe injury over these next couple seasons?

If he's relatively healthy as long as he accepts a role (which is a big IF, I admit, he's AI and Bean's baby) then he'll have plenty of contenders as suitors after his deal is up.

Im the farthest thing from a russ fan. But two years from now if he is willing to take a reduced role on a team he will easily be highly sought after.
Funny that Russ is somehow ending up to where Melo was a season or 2 ago. the only reason is Melo seem to have accepted his role and fitted in a system that took advantage of his strengths. I dunno about Russ considering his choke highlights at the crucial moments of the game. I'd say use him when he's needed and keep him on the bench once he starts littering some garbage on the floor. in fairness, he somehow improved his percentage and engagement with his teammates. I like him better now than that stat-padding record chasing MVP behavior he had at OKC. still not a fan of his but I acknowledge his improvement.

First time I've seen Ariza in like 2.5 seasons even though he's been on every team during that stretch

speaking if coattailin, rondo really about to win his 3rd championship with the Clippers while CP0 is still stuck with a donut.

be a shame if da point gawd of our era retires with none.

997ECE73-1587-4F55-A40A-E57F0B484BCD.jpeg

CP0's best chance for a ring went away with Stern's veto of that trade almost a decade ago. He' may also be a candidate after his deal is up to Payton his way to a ring as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom