⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
169281401_4608663619162126_42222051637845870_n.jpg

It's not our job to be concerned about this man's private life man.
As I stated the other day, all the stuff that happens off the court is whatever to me and just stuff to discuss to pass the time. However, (and this is a general question not really Kyrie-specific) how would that work if one is going to participate in Ramadan as an in-season professional athlete? There also may be a precedent, IDK.

I’m not trying to rock the Kyrie boat, just a curious sports fan.

As I stated the other day, all the stuff that happens off the court is whatever to me and just stuff to discuss to pass the time. However, (and this is a general question not really Kyrie-specific) how would that work if one is going to participate in Ramadan as an in-season professional athlete? There also may be a precedent, IDK.

hakeem used to do it

screenshot_20210412-200947_reddit-jpg.2779817

@ Lakers fans

Julius Comes from that #Influence :nerd: The best Knicks player since Melo #yourwelcome

for the first time in a long time the Knicks have a likeable team, now only if they could find a way to get Dolan to focus fully on JD & the straight shots & sell the team

Doesn't kanter do this every year?

There’s multiple practicing Muslims in the league. Enes Kanter is one off the top of my head.

2017:
As the NBA season opens Tuesday night, at least 12 of its returning players are Muslim: Kanter, Denver Nuggets forward Kenneth Faried, Minnesota Timberwolves center Gorgui Dieng, Miami Heat guard Dion Waiters, Portland Trail Blazers forward Al-Farouq Aminu and center Jusuf Nurkic, New Orleans Pelicans center Omer Asik, Atlanta Hawks forward Ersan Ilyasova and guard Dennis Schroder, Dallas Mavericks center Salah Mejri, Milwaukee Bucks forward Mirza Teletovic and Brooklyn Nets forward Rondae-Hollis Jefferson, according to the online magazine Muslim Matters and other media outlets.

.......aight kai. If he's forreal and not just on his flavor of the month too, then do it thing g.

If he's fasting though and only eating at sunset... not sure that bodes well with an nba schedule....he taking the month off?

It was known that Hakeem would up his stats during that month. Enes Kanter and Jusuf Nurkic fast every year as well. I am sure there are other players in the past that fasted. they just don't publicize it as much or making it an excuse to not show up (it should never be as it defeats the purpose of fasting).

I am assuming this is his first time doing it so it's an adjustment.

Thanks for the information guys - I was generally unaware of how many players participated in the past while playing. Has to be tough especially since it would typically fall around playoff time in a normal year.

Wait....I need a baseline to this conversation...

Do you not think Curry is better than Dame and Harden??? Serious question
I constantly hear from bistephuals that Steph is better than these players. So he should have no trouble doing the things they do. If Steph is as good #YALL say, he SHOULD be able to carry his team to the playoffs.

I think Dame and Harden are underrated.

As far as individual accolades go, Harden should have an equal number or more MVPs as Steph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom