⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 11.45.42 AM.png

Last edited:
Instagram has really bastardized the term "Model". Take pics, have mad followers, be a model.

/Old man.

If people are paying you money for photo shoots or for your photos in general, I consider you a model. All those girls with Onlyphan accounts and big IG followings are models IMO. They're making money off of their appearance, isn't that the definition of modeling?

If anything I think social media has democratized modeling. The traditional runway model gatekeeping isn't there anymore. Frankly, I'm happy for these women. Better than the alternative for a lot of them

Last edited:
If people are paying you money for photo shoots or for your photos in general, I consider you a model. All those girls with ******** accounts and big IG followings are models IMO. They're making money off of their appearance, isn't that the definition of modeling?

If anything I think social media has democratized modeling. The traditional runway model gatekeeping isn't there anymore. Frankly, I'm happy for these women. Better than the alternative for a lot of them
I agree. the internet and social media have very much became a tool for expansion of modeling. although we disagree on the term model considering how some go to the extreme lengths of ridiculousness, a model is still a model. the typical model is now a rarity and so does discovering one. social media also has become a tool for talent agents/scouts looking for potential talents to get discovered. point is, Instagram is now the current medium for people submitting their portfolio to get a modeling job. but instagram wasn't the first, it just so happened that instagram got a lot more mainstream and popular.
magnum.gif

If people are paying you money for photo shoots or for your photos in general, I consider you a model. All those girls with ******** accounts and big IG followings are models IMO. They're making money off of their appearance, isn't that the definition of modeling?

Fair point you are totally right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom