⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between Russ and Orange Julius, I'd take Julius. Carrying a pathetic Knicks team by himself and making them playoff contenders. Not to mention has cheaper salary base. Doesn't even need triple double numbers to get good winning results. No more excuses for Russ. He had great teammates that are now doing much better without him. In fairness to Russ, he is playing much better than the stat padding player he was back at OKC.

julius is the leader, but he's not carrying this team
nor is this team "pathetic" in any way
this is a full team effort

Julius Randle been cooking the Raptors.

Surprised Thibs hasn’t broken Rose’s legs yet.

Glad I was wrong about the trade. Very different player now than his first stint in NY.

He & Thibs have that rare trust & chemistry.

Feels like he finally adjusted to being less athletic and added to his skills

also been able to train and not rehab over the summer

Julius hasn't improved dramatically numbers wise except from 3 and passing.

He was always a good player in bad situations.

the raw numbers have improved (although less dramatically) but last year he was basically big Westbrook. Now he’s extremely efficient, a threat from 3 and is one of the better defensive 4s in the league.

the type of improvement he has shown should be the true definition of MIP as opposed to a player getting more minutes because of a trade or a 2nd year player naturally progressing into his role. What Julius did is much harder and more rare to find in the league.

Julius hasn't improved dramatically numbers wise except from 3 and passing.

He was always a good player in bad situations.
You have a fair point here but who would you go with over him? From just a numbers perspective, there's been a leap in his 3P and FT %'s as well as his assists which I think are a testament to his improvement as a shooter and playmaker which is a part of the reason why his team isn't bad this time around.

I know it's just a "narrative" but I think when the conversation about a player goes from "I would trade him for literally anything" to "Top 15 player in the league" that he has to be a MIP frontrunner :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom