⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game kind of has a old school feel to it, no real superstars, just guys getting it. All that’s missing is the NBA on NBC theme music by one Mr. John Tesh.

He's a former MVP averaging a triple double with a teammate putting up 30 5 5. They're the NY Knicks. No excuses.
Been thinking and if some people in here feel that the Wizards being slightly better than last year, when the guy Russ got traded for didn’t even play, is reason to pop bottles, who am I to begrudge them? Do you.

BA4D868C-B065-434B-B4AD-C93E878270E0.gif

I don't see why some folks can't grasp the fact that Steph could miss the playoffs this year while Russ grabs the 10-seed out East and still be widely considered to have the more disappointing season. It doesn't get much clearer than what Addict said....

Take a "10-seed" (we'll re-visit this below) in the East with a 30/5/5 guy....replace the rotation of point guards who are out of the league with 36 minutes of Triple Double Russ alongside the same 30/5/5 guy....You know what you get?
1619285791171.png

same result.gif

But for the record MVP MVP , I would like to highlight the inconsistency of your arguments. You got on me a few days ago about the 2019-2020 season not being complete and not knowing what would happen as a result to discredit a point I made. HOWEVER, you keep claiming the Wizards were a 10-seed last year. If you take a look at the season, that standing is only after accounting for their 1-7 Bubble performance. Prior to the bubble they were 9-seed and the 10th place team didn't even get invited because they were considered too far back. It took the 9th place Wizards w/o Beal and Bertans going 1-7 for the idle Hornets to rise 1.5 games ahead of them in the "final" standings where the Wizards played seven more games. So if you want to use the "seed" argument, the bar has been raised.

9th seed or bust for Russ.

EDIT: MVP MVP I would also like to point out that the National Basketball Association officially recognizes the Washington Wizards as the 9th place finisher in the Eastern Conference for the 2019-2020 season.
1619287040705.png

Last edited:
I'll
I don't see why some folks can't grasp the fact that Steph could miss the playoffs this year while Russ grabs the 10-seed out East and still be widely considered to have the more disappointing season. It doesn't get much clearer than what Addict said....

Take a "10-seed" (we'll re-visit this below) in the East with a 30/5/5 guy....replace the rotation of point guards who are out of the league with 36 minutes of Triple Double Russ alongside the same 30/5/5 guy....You know what you get?
1619285791171.png

same result.gif

But for the record MVP MVP , I would like to highlight the inconsistency of your arguments. You got on me a few days ago about the 2019-2020 season not being complete and not knowing what would happen as a result to discredit a point I made. HOWEVER, you keep claiming the Wizards were a 10-seed last year. If you take a look at the season, that standing is only after accounting for their 1-7 Bubble performance. Prior to the bubble they were 9-seed and the 10th place team didn't even get invited because they were considered too far back. It took the 9th place Wizards w/o Beal and Bertans going 1-7 for the idle Hornets to rise 1.5 games ahead of them in the "final" standings where the Wizards played seven more games. So if you want to use the "seed" argument, the bar has been raised.

9th seed or bust for Russ.

EDIT: MVP MVP I would also like to point out that the National Basketball Association officially recognizes the Washington Wizards as the 9th place finisher in the Eastern Conference for the 2019-2020 season.
1619287040705.png

What are you talking about? They did go to the bubble last season. I was highlighting the Wizards won only 20 outta 57 games with Beal last season. I also highlighted that even a few weeks ago when you were in that silly diatribe that they were ahead of last years winning percentage. Beal put up 31-5-5 last year too. I wonder what major difference now?

This season is more apples to apples because they are going to both have 72 games played.

Y'all wanna be goofy and act like the 9 seed last season being 25-47 is comparable to what it'll likely be this season go right ahead. I'll just continue to call y'all out on the hypocrisy.

Last edited:
I'll

What are you talking about? They did go to the bubble last season. I was highlighting the Wizards won only 20 outta 57 games with Beal last season. I also highlighted that even a few weeks ago when you were in that silly diatribe that they were ahead of last years winning percentage. Beal put up 31-5-5 last year too. I wonder what major difference now?
1619288927886.png

Russ is replacing THAT and leading them to a similar standing, man.

All those pretty light skinned dudes with green eyes from the Warriors just called themselves tryna run at the ref and intimidate him. Was about as effective as @jape and his funny signs begging someone to stop eating his food from the lunchroom. Ref basically called them a bunch of baby *****es and gave them a t
Perk is somewhere jealous of Zach Zarba

1619288927886.png

Russ is replacing THAT and leading them to a similar standing, man.

According to you he was supposed to make them worse though. Keep being dishonest The East as a whole this year is better. Last year's Wizards winning percentage (when Beal played and overall) would have them 13th this year instead of 9th.

Last edited:
According to you he was supposed to make them worse though. Keep being dishonest though. The East as a whole this year is better.

Russ has disproved my claim that he makes teams worse based on winning percentage. Obviously the landscape of the Eastern Conference changed though so one could contend how much he actually makes his teams better if they maintain the same standing in the conference. That discussion requires nuance and analysis though so I know you don't want to talk about it.

Wizards had nowhere to go but up :lol:
Also, their win total increased but they are in the same standing which means that other teams improved as well. It appears that if your competition is making moves to get better that Russ isn't a significant improvement over Ish Smith/IT2/Shabazz/Chris Chiozza/Justin Robinson and John Wall sitting at home.

So what do the Knicks plan to do with Noel and Robinson this summer? Would seem wasteful to bring them both back for what they'll likely command.

So what do the Knicks plan to do with Noel and Robinson this summer? Would seem wasteful to bring them both back for what they'll likely command.

Mitch is the better rim runner & rebounder but Noel is just as good, if not better, as a shot blocker & a smarter defender IMO.

Ideally both are back but they can't share the floor. Wouldn't be opposed to a sign & trade with whomever is more valuable.
Can Randle opt out this summer?

No, has a team option.

Between Russ and Orange Julius, I'd take Julius. Carrying a pathetic Knicks team by himself and making them playoff contenders. Not to mention has cheaper salary base. Doesn't even need triple double numbers to get good winning results. No more excuses for Russ. He had great teammates that are now doing much better without him. In fairness to Russ, he is playing much better than the stat padding player he was back at OKC.

Are Randle and Thibs locks for MIP and COTY? I don’t see anyone beating them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom