⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of the olympics, did anyone see that documentary about how the 2000 Spanish Paralympics team cheated by getting almost all (10 out of 12) NON differently abled individuals because they wanted to make sure they won gold? Literally had them failing the iq tests on purpose and pretending then when the games happened they're doing crossovers and dunking on people who are various levels of on the spectrum or developmentally disadvantaged.

5BA30244-69AD-4EFA-8216-E882E87F4A90.jpeg
<3

need more of this

China, Japan whatever. If I can’t peacefully express myself I’d rather not be involved. A true activist doesn’t flip their switch to appease others.

Like peacefully expressing the idea that the distinction between two completely different countries/cultures should be recognized and not dismissed as irrelevant?

Just now reading that Bjorkgren and I forgot that Becky Hammon interviewed for that job. When she finally gets a job she's going to have the greatest job security in the world :lol::lol:

That team can go 10-72 and there will be NO articles about any turmoil behind the scene.
I remember this & was annoyed :lol: If you werent a player you gotta ride that bench for decades. She skipping waaaaay ahead of the line even getting an interview after just 5 years and on top of that like you mentioned, she’s gonna have unprecedented job security

Like peacefully expressing the idea that the distinction between two completely different countries/cultures should be recognized and not dismissed as irrelevant?
It’s not an indictment against against Japan or China, i’d say the same thing about the USA, Canada, Britain or where ever.

I remember this & was annoyed :lol: If you werent a player you gotta ride that bench for decades. She skipping waaaaay ahead of the line even getting an interview after just 5 years and on top of that like you mentioned, she’s gonna have unprecedented job security
What line, you serious? Look around, “just 5 years” lol

Fair enough.

But the restriction we’re talking about isn’t a host country policy; it’s an International Olympic Committee rule. So any criticism should be directed to the IOC.
I understand that and I’ll send my anger toward the direction it needs to go.

I think he’s drawing a distinction between people who actually played in the NBA and who didn’t. No line for guys like Nash and Kidd, but there is for guys like Spo and Nick Nurse. It all seems a bit arbitrary and situational to me.

I think he’s drawing a distinction between people who actually played in the NBA and who didn’t. No line for guys like Nash and Kidd, but there is for guys like Spo and Nick Nurse. It all seems a bit arbitrary and situational to me.
It’s totally arbitrary. There’s no line for nba coaching positions and 5 years as an assistant is plenty to be considered for a head coaching job based on history.

Nick Nurse was in Europe for over a decade before he spent another decade between d league & the big league.

Stephen Silas started in 2000.

Nate Bjorkgren started in the d league in ‘07.

Ryan Saunders started in ‘09.

JB Bickerstaff started in ‘04.

Brett brown started in ‘88.

Kenny Atkinson started in ‘04.

Like I said, if you weren’t an NBA player, it takes a while.

Nick Nurse was in Europe for over a decade before he spent another decade between d league & the big league.

Stephen Silas started in 2000.

Nate Bjorkgren started in the d league in ‘07.

Ryan Saunders started in ‘09.

JB Bickerstaff started in ‘04.

Brett brown started in ‘88.

Kenny Atkinson started in ‘04.

Like I said, if you weren’t an NBA player, it takes a while.
Just realized that all of those guys started out as tank commanders with the exception of Bjorkgren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom