⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringer :pimp:

Also been happy to see Russ getting his flowers from a lot of his contemporaries recently :pimp:

Regardless of how people feel about his playing style or lack of playoff accolades, the career he's put together is incredible.

2x scoring and 3x assist champ while making triple doubles seem normal is a hell of legacy to have.

Have any of his players made this claim? Not sure it is fair for us, having never played for him, to make a statement like that. We have zero idea how he interacts with his team.

(I am not saying that isn't a possibility)

At this point it's just a media narrative that's also perpetuated on here. I think dudes just buy into every tweet with a blue check or ESPN Hot Take as gospel. We really don't know what's what. They've given no indication that they don't like him, but that also doesn't mean he's not the best player coach/manager. Like you said, no one really knows except within the org.

^^^ Even if there’s some hard feelings now; doesn’t mean it’s anything irreparable. They’ve had a ******, disappointing season. They’re probably all a little weary and frustrated. But they might be over it after a nice Summer break.

If we’re gonna blame Boston on Covid and injuries then what was the excuse all the other years?

Which years? They had chemistry issues with Kyrie and Adolf Hayward in 2018-19. You can put that on Brad, Ainge, the players, whoever.

2017-18 and 2019-20 they made the conference finals but came up a little short. One of those years was being led by Tatum/Rozier/JB who were like 14 years old. The other year was a bubble without Adolf and Kemba on one leg.

Which years? They had chemistry issues with Kyrie and Adolf Hayward in 2018-19. You can put that on Brad, Ainge, the players, whoever.

2017-18 and 2019-20 they made the conference finals but came up a little short. One of those years was being led by Tatum/Rozier/JB who were like 14 years old. The other year was a bubble without Adolf and Kemba on one leg.
Some teams are DCEU and others are MCU. Boston just don’t have it as presently constructed. They have/had the means to improve but sat on their hands instead. Philly was like this for years and they made changes.

health is part of a players value. Players that are perpetually hurt just ain’t it. I’m not counting freak accidents either

Last edited:
Which team that was ducking matchups do you guys think is more likely to lose in the 1st rd, Clippers or Denver?

This why bron, KD and them don’t take heaves anymore

That's cute. Too bad a few other people have done it before and more often than he has. Why do we celebrate this man so much, when he hasn't won jack ****?

I like CP3 and think he's the best leader in the NBA, but he's a perennial loser. Never won anything and has come up short many times.

Team tries to maneuver themselves in the standings for more favorable matchups. Cowards.

Defender doesn't guard the other team's best player. Coward.

Offensive player asks for a pick so the defense switches to a more favorable matchup for them. No problem.

Ant Man First 36 games of season- 15/4/3 on 37/30 shooting splits
Ant Man Final 36 games of season- 24/5/3 on 45/35 shooting splits

Improvement is crazy. Think it's going to end up getting him the award, which is normally based on PPG anyways.

Lamelo started out great but has been pretty lackluster since coming back from injury/post ASG.

Pretty fun that both of them ended up being a lot better than I think everybody predicted though.

Some teams are DCEU and others are MCU. Boston just don’t have it as presently constructed. They have/had the means to improve but sat on their hands instead. Philly was like this for years and they made changes.

Agree with this. They don't have a championship caliber roster as constructed. Especially having their two best players under 25 years old.

health is part of a players value. Players that are perpetually hurt just ain’t it. I’m not counting freak accidents either

Yeah Hayward can't stay on the floor. Kemba is actually coming back into his own so who knows how his knee will hold up going forward because he's actually trending in the right direction compared to how it looked last Summer. It also depends on the player though. Like AD is perpetually hurt, Kyrie too, but their talent is worth the hassle. So I wouldn't necessarily say they're all "not it."

Improvement is crazy. Think it's going to end up getting him the award, which is normally based on PPG anyways.

Lamelo started out great but has been pretty lackluster since coming back from injury/post ASG.

Pretty fun that both of them ended up being a lot better than I think everybody predicted though.

Def impressed with the sudden and unexpected improvement of Anthony Edwards. Kid improved so expeditiously during the course of 1 season. When was that last time we've seen that?

AD improved his shooting from year to the next, but IDK if we've seen it in a single season.

I still felt like Lamelo was the rookie of the year until he hit the side of the backboard with the playoffs on the line. Now I'm fine if Ant gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom