⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did they get James Harden of they're not going to use him?

Sadly, I don’t think it’s intentional. They just have a rookie head coach who doesn’t know how to use all three of them together. We need bigger sample sizes but I’m hoping eventually one of the blog boyz will break it all down for us (srs).

If anything, it seems like Jim isn’t comfortable playing his patented brand of dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble basketball with two other elite guys he respects so he’s lost out there. Meanwhile, KD and Kai are doing what they always do.

Why y'all actin surprised that Harden is third in the pecking order?

Jimbob Harden betta know his role and stay in his lane. He will always be #3 in BKN, no ifs ands or buts about it.

Tried to tell y'all the day he got traded. Ain't no way in hell he gonna get more shots than Kyrie or KD cause for one, Harden got no hardware to show why he should be a #1 or #2 option. He gotta earn his **** and be the facilitator first.

Harden aint ever been to the Finals therefore he has no argument for seniority and/or street cred against KD or Kyrie.

In due time, Harden will prove to us all that he was the all along THE Cancer in Houston cause he dont make others better. Will he prove he can in BKN? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Why did they get James Harden of they're not going to use him?
Nash has been staggering them by always having KD & Ky together, and letting Harden run the 2nd unit. Spo did something similar with Wade/Bosh, and then letting Bron serve as the de facto backup point with 4 reserves. It’s effective.

All that to say, James has played a significant amount of mins “by himself” and has had ample opportunity to get shots up, he’s just declined. He’s still being aggressive, but rather than looking for his own shot, he’s being aggressive in looking for others.

Hard to fault that approach since he’s one of the most gifted passers in the history of the sport, and more importantly, a much more willing passer than KD or Ky. Someone has to play point here & Jamesis by far the best fit.

Offense hasn’t been & will never be the problem with this team tho. They’re scoring 130ppg, focusing on James’ ppg is missing the forest for the trees.

They have Big question marks defensively and I don’t see a route to becoming even average on that end with no training camp & limited practice. Huge star advantage in the East but they’re going to be vulnerable from the 2nd round onward because of that defense.

Last edited:
They all need to get better at moving off the ball, even KD gets caught ball watching, but Harden actually is playing PG and not just dominating possessions, I'm impressed.

Meanwhile in GS...

The brazy thing I learned about about the 3-point field goal situation is that Harden is second in attempts all-time :wow: He’s 5th in makes and will pass Korver this year and Reggie eventually but I’m most curious if he can get pass Ray. He won’t catch Steph but I could see him trying his *** off :lol:

They all need to get better at moving off the ball, even KD gets caught ball watching, but Harden actually is playing PG and not just dominating possessions, I'm impressed.

Meanwhile in GS...

Did Kerr forget to tell them to play happy?

ya kinda pointless but in a redraft Lamelo goes number 1 . Edwards looks like a super 6th man type guy and Wiseman is soft

They still have JJ and Stevie Adams. Someone on here said the other say I think - pieces they have just don’t fit well together.

I watched very little of this team but when I did, I did not see a cohesive unit. Maybe pairing a non shooting big with Zion was not a good idea. Then adding Bledsoe with Ball in the backcourt would leave much to be desired from a shooting perspective.

also, I’ve just read in casual comments that Zion is developing an allergy to defense. Not sure how true that is, but if it is, then there’s much work to be done with this roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom