⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carmelo always took the money. Ain’t eem mad. But he’s Carmelo he had to. He was never a winner and understood that.

Money can’t buy you wins though. Think about a guy like KAT that probably lost more games his first year in Minnesota than he did his entire life. Even with all of that money, you can do whatever you want whenever but you can’t buy teammates.

right. But my question is are the losses even affecting him like that emotionally? Especially given what the guy has gone through personally, NBA losses are probably the least of his worries.

again, speculating.

yup. I think the pay frequency is semi-monthly. Man getting $1M+ a paycheck must be wild.
This

Not only that, I couldn't imagine being 19 and getting a 6 figure direct deposit.

When I was 18 and dem struggle $400 Sports Authority checks used to hit my account on a Thursday night, I used to be up in TGI Fridays the next day like...
money-dance-gif-11.gif

I couldn't even fathom the amount of Shenanigans I would get into if NBA level checks were hitting my BOA checking

This

Not only that, I couldn't imagine being 19 and getting a 6 figure direct deposit.

When I was 18 and dem struggle $400 Sports Authority checks used to hit my account on a Thursday night, I used to be up in TGI Fridays the next day like...
money-dance-gif-11.gif

I couldn't even the amount of Shenagains I would get into if NBA level checks was hitting my BOA account.

FAM YOU WORKED AT SPORTS AUTHORITY?!?!

Me too, Breh.

I feel you tho. My first job was at Popeyes making 7.25 an hour. Anything above 250 and I was feeling myself. Had me walking past Dudes in school thinking to myself “bet you ain’t got as much money as me tho”

I like how we don't know who's gonna win MVP yet. Usually we would know by now and it would become a self fulfilling prophecy

Wait, first time, now money? What is real? If you tell me food isn’t real, I’m going to pissed. Real pissed.
Money is something that is only as valuable as we consider it. Not absolute therefore fake.

We just watched a company that lost money the last two years that was projected to lose money go up 2000% cause of memes and vengeance.. Money is fake dude.

Money is something that is only as valuable as we consider it. Not absolute therefore fake.

We just watched a company that lost money the last two years that was projected to lose money go up 2000% cause of memes and vengeance.. Money is fake dude.

Fair, but I would ask you to consider this - “fake” is itself a subjective term. Social constructions can be “real” as anything else, depending on one’s perspective.

bostoiah bostoiah - I too have had my thinking heightened this evening.

When I was 18, ain't nothing felt like blowing half you check on a new pair of Foams and a We-R-One hoodie; and walking around town like...
MediumDesertedIrishdraughthorse-max-1mb.gif

Then two weeks later praying that your next direct deposit hits before that $2.73 pending charge from Giant Supermarket overdrafts your account, and BOA taxes you $35...
giphy.gif

right. But my question is are the losses even affecting him like that emotionally? Especially given what the guy has gone through personally, NBA losses are probably the least of his worries.

again, speculating.

I don’t know. You work all summer to improve things that you can control and sometimes winning isn’t in your control. The 12th man on the pistons is a millionaire too but he’s got a foot out the door, word to Rodney mcgruder.

I know a guy that would rather player overseas than to collect a check on the bench in the league. That’s an emotional decision to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom