⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
He bricked two free throws in the clutch

He did it’s not the reason they lost though it’s the defense from Steven adamss and Bledsoe. Adams is horrible at stepping up when the pick comes and when he does he gets blown by and it’s not even just dAme he’s just a horribled defense player guarding the pick and roll . They both need to get traded Bledsoe can’t shoot and all adams does is clog the paint . You can’t be paying someone 28 million a year averaging 9 and 8 who plays no defense against guards in today’s nba

He did it’s not the reason they lost though it’s the defense from Steven adamss and Bledsoe. Adams is horrible at stepping up when the pick comes and when he does he gets blown by and it’s not even just dAme he’s just a horribled defense player guarding the pick and roll . They both need to get traded Bledsoe can’t shoot and all adams does is clog the paint . You can’t be paying someone 28 million a year averaging 9 and 8 who plays no defense against guards in today’s nba
I think the reason why they lost is that they went away from zion running point and the game turned to Brandon Ingram iso ball. BI has been shooting 29 percent in the clutch all yr, he's not a closer.

Dame had been scoring the whole night, not just during the fourth quarter and until the last five minutes the pels had a comfortable lead.

.. . .

I think BI is a very good player. But I don't think he's built for the last five minutes of games. He typically turns into a very different player and the pels continuing to play through him in the last five minutes is one reason pels keep choking leads

Last edited:
Less Ingram, more Zion. That’s one way the Pels can start winning. Especially in the 4th quarter.

The Pelicans biggest issue is Defense & experience closing games..... none of which Zion is good at

B.I is at 24/4/5 on 49/35/89 shooting the past 15
Zo is at 15/4/6 on 44/40/80 shooting the past 15
Josh Hart 11/7/2 on 47/31/80 shooting the past 15

They seem to be in most games and end up losing at the end because their top 3-4 best players are 23 & under with no experience & their Vets are guys who aren't even performing well at the things they were brought in for.

Last edited:
So the Pelicans got washed by the Wolves by 30 and blew a 16 points lead halfway in the 4th last night?

The Master of Panic ain't it man.

Her next child?

giphy.gif

I think the reason why they lost is that they went away from zion running point and the game turned to Brandon Ingram iso ball. BI has been shooting 29 percent in the clutch all yr, he's not a closer.

Dame had been scoring the whole night, not just during the fourth quarter and until the last five minutes the pels had a comfortable lead.

.. . .

I think BI is a very good player. But I don't think he's built for the last five minutes of games. He typically turns into a very different player and the pels continuing to play through him in the last five minutes is one reason pels keep choking leads

Their problem is defense their 29th in defense . They traded jrue holiday for. Nothing . Steven adams is a scrub his style of play does not fit this team I rather start Hayes his defense seems to be getting better throughout the games . Bledsoe takes away lonzo minutes zo should be playing 35 a game no question and should have the ball more in his hands . Than Stan likes to play Kira Lewis and walker a decent amount of minutes . There is no room for Bledsoe in this team . Back to my main point with adams he’s getting 28 mill this year to average 9 and 8 and he’s a liability on defense and averages a decent amount of turnovers . Bledsoe been a scrub getting 17 million he can’t shoot and he def can’t play defense better than zo and hart hart should be starting . The pels are wasting about 60 mill on vets this year who don’t play defense . Reddixk is getting 13m this year and he’s ain’t play most games and he’s another liability on defense .

The Pelicans biggest issue is Defense & experience closing games..... none of which Zion is good at

Honestly pels dot even really give zion much chances to close games.

At the top of the fourth he was the point guard. They were playing through him. He was either scoring or getting ppl open shots.

Six minute mark they sub him out. Then it was BI dominating the ball from that point forward. When Zion came back in the game, at, I think the four min mark he was off ball the rest of the game. Pels literally went away from what was working.

Their problem is defense their 29th in defense . They traded jrue holiday for. Nothing . Steven adams is a scrub his style of play does not fit this team I rather start Hayes his defense seems to be getting better throughout the games . Bledsoe takes away lonzo minutes zo should be playing 35 a game no question and should have the ball more in his hands . Than Stan likes to play Kira Lewis and walker a decent amount of minutes . There is no room for Bledsoe in this team . Back to my main point with adams he’s getting 28 mill this year to average 9 and 8 and he’s a liability on defense and averages a decent amount of turnovers . Bledsoe been a scrub getting 17 million he can’t shoot and he def can’t play defense better than zo and hart hart should be starting . The pels are wasting about 60 mill on vets this year who don’t play defense . Reddixk is getting 13m this year and he’s ain’t play most games and he’s another liability on defense .
Believe me I know their defense is a problem as well.
Last night was one of their better defensive games believe it or not.

But I don't think the reason why their offense stalled in the clutch should be ignored.

At the top of the fourth he was the point guard. They were playing through him. He was either scoring or getting ppl open shots.

Six minute mark they sub him out. Then it was BI dominating the ball from that point forward. When Zion came back in the game, at, I think the four min mark he was off ball the rest of the game. Pels literally went away from what was working.

Defense wins games yes they should have went to Zion more but adams and Bledsoe are the pelicans problems . Guy fouls a 93 percent free throw shooter at the end of the game like he’s going to miss a ft . Adams and Bledsoe two certified scrubs

This is part of young teams growing tho, Zion is what 50-60 games into his career thus far? it gonna take awhile for the team him & the team to get comfortable, Ingram is still extremely young too but at this point he has more reps & yes he failed at it tonight but he has made several big plays to close games for them as well.

I agree that Stan gotta switch it up & give Zion more opps but neither one of them need to be fully dominating the ball at the end of games,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom