🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

hey guys for anyone with this challenge court shirt, cold you lmk sizing? want to know if it fits big like the challenge court tees or more true to size

1612194588239.png

i don't have the challenge court shirts but these fit TTS. They're cropped but i know those that tend to not want/like the shortness have went a size up. tbh i want TTS because i felt going up a size wouldn't have made much difference in the length and didn't want the half zip to fit wide

I sold my 2008 Hot Lava Tech Challenge 2s in 2010. Most recently, I spotted a DS 2008 version, and I’m heavily considering scooping them up. What concerns me is the thought of the midsole/sole crumbling/disintegrating on me after a few wears. The price of them is much lower than what I expected. Is it too risky of a purchase to scoop up a DS 2008 version?

I sold my 2008 Hot Lava Tech Challenge 2s in 2010. Most recently, I spotted a DS 2008 version, and I’m heavily considering scooping them up. What concerns me is the thought of the midsole/sole crumbling/disintegrating on me after a few wears. The price of them is much lower than what I expected. Is it too risky of a purchase to scoop up a DS 2008 version?

10 years is the oldest I would consider for actual wearing. even then, it's risky.

if you're looking to cop to wear i would def avoid at this point since their 10+ years old. the days for those soles are extremely numbered

also the 2016s and 2019s are much better built imo so you aren't missing much with the newer retros

if you're looking to cop to wear i would def avoid at this point since their 10+ years old. the days for those soles are extremely numbered

also the 2016s and 2019s are much better built imo so you aren't missing much with the newer retros

They are better built but the color for those two are nowhere as close to the original Hot Lava color as the 2008 pair is.

I still wear my 2008 pair and they are doing well. One could so a soleswap as there are plenty of used 2014s and up out there for a donor pair.

They are better built but the color for those two are nowhere as close to the original Hot Lava color as the 2008 pair is.

I still wear my 2008 pair and they are doing well. One could so a soleswap as there are plenty of used 2014s and up out there for a donor pair.
while true about the colour i'll take the slightly better leather and comfort of the newer ones over them

Thanks for the advice, y’all! I’ll pass now. I’ll admit that I’m a fan of the 2019 version’s grey lace reinforcer (?) piece though.

Now, I’m considering the Tech Challenge Hybrids from 2014.

here’s an image of the DS 2008
3CDBE9EB-232C-4FE7-A464-12D234A6EC68.jpeg

Last edited:

Truthfully I think you will be fine but I wouldn't pay top dollar for them.

🤔
Found on IG.
EDIT: NEVERMIND THEY ARE PHOTOSHOPPED.
8C462B2D-1FD2-43F2-8C73-98ED41DF656A.jpeg

7527B58C-6151-4E76-90E7-170909820068.jpeg

That's Alex's page (Alka.Monaco) on Instagram. I chat with him often. He's a HUGE fan who routinely plays his matches with his friends in vintage Agassi gear. Said this was just a design idea he was playing with. He sent me 4 more that look awesome. Next shoe he's gonna photoshop is some cool updates for what an LWP should look like. 👍

Reactions: ARK
Back
Top Bottom