🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

I think we'll get retros but definitely not expecting any of them this year but it would be a great surprise. Maybe they'll at least retro the Air Flare again next year for the 30th Anniversary and do it right this time. The last retro was made of poorly constructed materials even though I had to get a pair.
It's crazy how they make us wait a decade for a release and when we finally got the IV's it was only sold overseas with no notice. I'm glad that I didn't take a chance and wait for a release here and bought them. I can't believe it's been 8 years already since we got the III retros. The shoes will have to be back at some point, which model and what year they'll release, who knows? I'll just expect whatever shoe release they do to be hard to get just like the Lavas and Black Lavas. Don't forget that the Black Lavas didn't release in sizes 11 and higher in the US on the initial release and then they shock dropped the rest of them later on. I'm still so happy they retroed his 1990 US Open gear, what an unbelievable collection.
Yep. I'm still enjoying the stuff from the 2020 collection! :wink:

😅🤔
Screenshot 2023-02-20 144637.jpg

I should have clarified but under the athletes with the company, they don’t have him listed. Some people were posting that link on ig last week. It was always rumored that he has a lifetime contract with Head so it’s surprising he’s not listed there.

Last edited:
I should have clarified but under the athletes with the company, they don’t have him listed. Some people were posting that link on ig last week. It was always rumored that he has a lifetime contract with Head so it’s surprising he’s not listed there.

The Radical series died in 2014 when they discontinued the oversize model.

It definitely hasn’t been the same that’s for sure. I never understood why they discontinued the oversize but I did hear companies are going to bring them back as many went to the midplus. The new Radicals don’t have the same feel or weight. The newer paint jobs have also looked the same as the most recent.

Last edited:
The Radical series died in 2014 when they discontinued the oversize model.

In 2009, I bought a Head Microgel Radical Pro. That was the series that Agassi used and I wanted to be able to hit my backhand like him.

Fourteen years later, I still use this racquet.

In fact, I bought three more of them in 2014.

It's one of my absolute favorites. :smile:

With the lack of basically ANY Agassi gear, be it clothing or shoes, we have to thank other brands for bringing some cool ideas to the table. Here is Coco Gauff's newest color for her CG1 shoe!

images (2).jpeg

They obviously can't call it "Hot Lava" but let's be honest, this color is pretty spot on from the OG pair (that and the splatter). Heard these are great and now I may have to look into a pair for obvious reasons, and also because NB decided to do something I've been asking FOREVER...a MID CUT tennis shoe!! Wow, who would have thought there'd be a market 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

In 2009, I bought a Head Microgel Radical Pro. That was the series that Agassi used and I wanted to be able to hit my backhand like him.

Fourteen years later, I still use this racquet.

In fact, I bought three more of them in 2014.

It's one of my absolute favorites. :smile:
I use the Radical YouTek IG and while I’ve tested new frames I go back to the OS Radical.

Back
Top Bottom