🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

That’s my post 👍👍👍👍👍. I took that video. Crazy I know
23mj88 23mj88 knocked it out the park with capturing some amazing moments. I’m eternally grateful and had to fight blacking out from all the nostalgia as Alex passed me box after box.
IMG_3017.jpeg
IMG_1135.jpeg
IMG_2704.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3017.jpeg
    IMG_3017.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2704.jpeg
    IMG_2704.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 21
What did Tinker say about your re-soled ATC2's? 😅
I was explaining to him why I took such a dumpy pair and re-midsole them so I could wear an OG pair with a Durathane stamped toe rubber. I asked him the story of him working with AA on the ATC2. He told us that story of hitting in Vegas with AA, and also the later story of tricking Pete into the Oscillate.

I tell you, Tinker, Wilson Smith III, and John Barbour are all legends, but I also got to spend some time with Tom Andrich and talk to him about the Flaming Tennis Ball and the ATC4 Gradient. He did the gradient by-hand with pencil.

IMG_2728.jpeg

So, what was the story about the LE's anyway?
Admittedly, I didn't really know about them till the mid 2000's.
Euro exclusive, was it?

So glad I captured Alex in his element. I will tell you, what Alex brought had the whole room speechless. He picked stuff to bring based on us guys being there. Handing us each box to unbox ourselves. Alex is beyond a legend and even greater person period.

So so humble

Euro exclusive, was it?
I believe it was a retailer exclusive in the US, and it actually dropped late-92 (I need to check my production date) and overlapped with the ATC4. The LE lines typically lagged a year from the in-line colorways since they were “continuations” for specific retailers. It truly was a time when Limited Edition meant limited edition.

So glad I captured Alex in his element. I will tell you, what Alex brought had the whole room speechless. He picked stuff to bring based on us guys being there. Handing us each box to unbox ourselves. Alex is beyond a legend and even greater person period.

So so humble
💯

23mj88 23mj88 knocked it out the park with capturing some amazing moments. I’m eternally grateful and had to fight blacking out from all the nostalgia as Alex passed me box after box.
IMG_3017.jpeg
IMG_1135.jpeg
IMG_2704.jpeg

Well done everyone. I would tag names but afraid I would miss someone. So cool that Tinker was there too! Challenge Court is my favorite line. Love you guys and love this thread.

Air Tech Challenge III LE! Alex told me he pulled this box of tennis just knowing I’d be there as we’ve discussed tennis for years. Just pure ridiculousness in every box.

Euro exclusive, was it?

That LE line was fantastic! I wish I had appreciated them more back then, but because of the lag time in release, by the time they came out, they were already "old." Definitely not Euro exclusives and I don't recall any one store having them as exclusives, because I saw them quite a few places. Could've been model specific. For example, I don't remember seeing the Mowabb anywhere but FTL. For years I had a DS pair of the ATC II's, but eventually sold them. I'll try to dig up pics, but I think they're long gone.

If we get a retro 3 sometime soon please let them not do the yellow vintage midsole treatment. Got lime doesn’t mesh well with that yellowing.

IMG_3544.jpeg
In my heart of hearts, I think the effort was to pay homage to the raw PU on the ATC 2 and 3. But yeah I hear you, it doesn’t blend well with the yellow tones in each being too close in shade. I was just telling a friend if they had peel off panels new-to-aged with wear. LOL

Back
Top Bottom