🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

The toebox doesn't look like the ones on the Hot Lava's though... 🤔🤔🤔
If you look at the tag it was produced 8/2023. I think it’s an old sample. The other pics we’ve seen have better shape and also the same splatter pattern as the new lavas. I think the released pairs will have the new shape.

Mail call
IMG_3918.jpeg

If you look at the tag it was produced 8/2023. I think it’s an old sample. The other pics we’ve seen have better shape and also the same splatter pattern as the new lavas. I think the released pairs will have the new shape.
Yep, I immediately checked the sample tag date to see if it was 'new'! 😅

Just checked... 1/31/24-4/18/24 for the Hot Lavas.
So, hopefully it's just an early-early sample that wasn't finalized!

Yep, I immediately checked the sample tag date to see if it was 'new'! 😅

Just checked... 1/31/24-4/18/24 for the Hot Lavas.
So, hopefully it's just an early-early sample that wasn't finalized!

I feel like we've seen samples of these that got canceled a couple of times over the years. Am I remembering that wrong?

Unless you have the new pair in hand it's hard to describe how good they are overall. The slightly grey tinge to the leather and the light grey laces look great. Also yellowing not as noticeable in sunlight (mates pic attached). Overall excellent release, hopefully those who want these get them and that its only delays.

457356668_10224044434732527_729206693470302314_n.jpg

I thought the same about the yellowing when I saw them in store at Sneaker Politics. Without a side by side next to a different release, the vintage hits didn’t stand out too badly.

I’m still annoyed they had them out on display only to raffle and ship out all over the country. It’s hard to keep local store loyalty the way releases are handled these days.

Sometimes I don’t get Nikes retail plan. They know people wanted this lava colorway so why couldn’t they have released a QS of a lesser valued colorway and then did a huge release for the lavas? Same for the concord and ultramarine 180s. Had they reversed how those were released they could have easily sold out of the concords and did big numbers on the ultramarines.

🤷‍♂️

Sometimes I don’t get Nikes retail plan. They know people wanted this lava colorway so why couldn’t they have released a QS of a lesser valued colorway and then did a huge release for the lavas? Same for the concord and ultramarine 180s. Had they reversed how those were released they could have easily sold out of the concords and did big numbers on the ultramarines.

🤷‍♂️
I think they just get away with poor execution on releases cause people can always pay resale or settle for what doesn’t sell out.

But sneakerheads can be equally bad forgetting that these released twice before in the past 10 years and didn’t sell great. Easy to ignore facts that don’t fit the narrative when the next time they’re nowhere to be found.

I mean they’re cult classics. Seems like they’re fairly concentrated strategies assigned to each show. I think they just underestimate just how many of us love the ATC line

Most sites will be botted

These will 100% be botted. Remind me of those Air Max Big Bubbles (red), that these kids didn't know they wanted until they found out there was some resale value. Them cook groups botted every size 10 and up on every drop for $8 profit after fees. These gonna be the same, but ALL sizes

Only way any real people getting their hands on these is local, or if they do a HUGE followup release

• Sad
Reactions: 907
Keith shipped. Still mad I didn’t do more groundwork because these looking like a double up from the in hand pics I have seen. Really hope they drop more even if I cant double so they get in hands of the fans who missed…I mean, those of us who remember OGs are close to 50 now its only right!

Back
Top Bottom