🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

Something I’ve noticed about goat is they will play games with offer price in the goat app vs alias app. Check this out. I listed a size 14 (just to illustrate, hence the ridiculous price) on alias. Notice how the highest offer is $288. When you go over to goat the high offer is $300. So what they actually do is skim a few dollars from all of the offers and artificially lower them on the seller end. If I were to accept that offer, the buyer would be paying $300 + fees but I would only get $288 - fees. It’s complete BS and potentially even illegal.
IMG_1347.jpeg
IMG_1348.jpeg

Yea that’s the surcharge they added a few years ago. It went from $2 to $12 over that time.

Something I’ve noticed about goat is they will play games with offer price in the goat app vs alias app. Check this out. I listed a size 14 (just to illustrate, hence the ridiculous price) on alias. Notice how the highest offer is $288. When you go over to goat the high offer is $300. So what they actually do is skim a few dollars from all of the offers and artificially lower them on the seller end. If I were to accept that offer, the buyer would be paying $300 + fees but I would only get $288 - fees. It’s complete BS and potentially even illegal.
IMG_1347.jpeg
IMG_1348.jpeg

That's gotta be illegal. Really don't want to deal with these app crooks. Anyone with a an extra 10.5 please reach out. Rather pay you than these apps!

Can you point me to where they disclose this?
Here's a breakdown of their fees.

Seems pretty transparent. If they were really skimming and taking in more out of your sale without an explanation, then I would think it would be illegal.

But when I've sold through Goat and set the sale price, they do tell you how much cash you'd receive from the sale.

Here's a breakdown of their fees.

Seems pretty transparent. If they were really skimming and taking in more out of your sale without an explanation, then I would think it would be illegal.

But when I've sold through Goat and set the sale price, they do tell you how much cash you'd receive from the sale.
It’s hardly transparent. Where’s the $12 fee? I see a $5 seller fee and a 9.5% commission. Also a cash out fee. All are applicable to the $288, not the $300 that the seller is offering.

It’s not always $12 btw. Sometimes it’s more sometimes less.
IMG_1349.jpeg

Can you point me to where they disclose this?

He posted the link but I haven’t looked at it since they sent the email about the new surcharge. I think they called it a delivery fee and it was during Covid. Shipping companies were charging more and in turn they charged buyers more. And over the last 2-3 years they raised it. They are transparent about the charge but are shady about raising without saying so. It went from $8-$12 this year alone.

It’s hardly transparent. Where’s the $12 fee? I see a $5 seller fee and a 9.5% commission. Also a cash out fee. All are applicable to the $288, not the $300 that the seller is offering.

IMG_1349.jpeg

It’s a charge to the buyer not the seller.

No, it’s a charge to the seller lol. The buyer isn’t paying it. Try placing an offer and you’ll see you’d pay the offer price plus $14.95 shipping.

It’s a completely hidden fee.

You’re clearly not seeing it correct. Whatever your ask is, the buyer will pay $12 more than that before shipping and fees. If I list a shoe for $300, it shows lowest ask as $312.

IMG_1349.jpeg
Based on your screenshot:
1726078060264.png

The seller has the shoe listed at $351. A buyer submitted an offer for $300, while the last sale on this shoe was $288.

As a seller, you're charged the fee off the price you listed and sold your shoes. As a buyer, you are being charged tax and shipping.

You’re clearly not seeing it correct. Whatever your ask is, the buyer will pay $12 more than that before shipping and fees. If I list a shoe for $300, it shows lowest ask as $312.
So it’s a hidden fee on both the buyer and the seller then. They increase the ask and decrease the offer.

Basically, whoever accepts a deal eats the hidden fee.

So it’s a hidden fee on both the buyer and the seller then. They increase the ask and decrease the offer.

No fee for the seller. They added it to the buyer. It’s a bull **** fee. You ask what you ask and the buyer pays $12 more than that.

No fee for the seller. They added it to the buyer. It’s a bull **** fee. You ask what you ask and the buyer pays $12 more than that.
Or, the buyer makes a bid and a lower bid is presented to the seller. If the seller accepts then they get less than the actual offer. It’s basically a hidden “offer acceptance fee”.

Or, the buyer makes a bid and a lower bid is presented to the seller. If the seller accepts then they get less than the actual offer.

Whatever they bid will always be $12 less than what you ask. Impossible for you to get less than what you agree to.

Whatever they bid will always be $12 less than what you ask. Impossible for you to get less than what you agree to.
If I offer $100 then the seller will be offered $88. If I ask $100 then the buyer will be asked $112. So whoever accepts the offer pays the fee.

Again, it’s not always $12. It varies and it’s not disclosed to either party.

If I offer $100 then the seller will be offered $88. If I ask $100 then the buyer will be asked $112. So whoever accepts the offer pays the fee.

Again, it’s not always $12. It varies and it’s not disclosed to either party.

No. You ask $100, they’ll see $112 as the lowest ask and they need to put a $112 offer to buy it. They put $111, you’ll see $99 offer. The bid is $12 lower than the lowest price. It’s a buyer fee, you’ll never lose money on selling.

No. You ask $100, they’ll see $112 as the lowest ask and they need to put a $112 offer to buy it. They put $111, you’ll see $99 offer. The bid is $12 lower than the lowest price. It’s a buyer fee, you’ll never lose money on selling.
If they bid $111 and you only get offered $99 then how is that not a fee on the seller end? The buyer is paying exactly what they offer and the seller is potentially accepting $12 less and goat is pocketing the $12.

It works the other way too. If you ask $100 the buyer sees $112 so the buyer potentially pays $12 more than the seller would get. Again goat pockets the $12.

You technically don’t pay any fees because, again they’re secretly increasing the price or decreasing the bid. So you’re not ‘losing’ money off of a deal you accept either way. But goat is always getting extra money.

If they bid $111 and you only get offered $99 then how is that not a fee on the seller end? The buyer is paying exactly what they offer and the seller is potentially accepting $12 less and goat is pocketing the $12.

It works the other way too. If you ask $100 the buyer sees $112 so the buyer potentially pays $12 more than the seller would get. Again goat pockets the $12.

You technically don’t pay any fees because, again they’re secretly increasing the price or decreasing the bid. So you’re not ‘losing’ money off of a deal you accept either way. But goat is always getting extra money.

How is it a fee on your end? You want a cut of the buyer surcharge too? They are charging buyers an extra fee now. You get your asking minus whatever your seller rate + label fee no matter what. The buyer pays an extra $12 straight to goat. It’s a flat $12 on whatever price they are paying weather it’s $100 or $1000 not including tax and shipping.

How is it a fee on your end? You want a cut of the buyer surcharge too? They are charging buyers an extra fee now. You get your asking minus whatever your seller rate + label fee no matter what. The buyer pays an extra $12 straight to goat. It’s a flat $12 on whatever price they are paying weather it’s $100 or $1000 not including tax and shipping.
I give up. Whoever ACCEPTS an offer is either paying more (if you’re a buyer and you accept the lowest ask) or getting less (if you’re the seller and you accept the lowest bid). Whoever agrees to an offer is getting hosed. I suppose that’s how it’s legal though. Both parties are agreeing to the deal but goat is always getting a little extra.

I give up. Whoever ACCEPTS an offer is either paying more (if you’re a buyer and you accept the lowest ask) or getting less (if you’re the seller and you accept the lowest bid). Whoever agrees to an offer is getting hosed. I suppose that’s how it’s legal though. Both parties are agreeing to the deal but goat is always getting a little extra.

You can’t accept a lower offer than what you see. If you accept $68 offer you will get your cut whatever that amounts too but they will be paying $80. The buyer pays more. In the the end goat is scummy.

Back
Top Bottom