🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

AE7F9775-FC55-4C99-AF61-C2DFFA702E06.png Look at how much better sneakers were in the 90s lol. I don’t remember these , not Tennis of course. But just reminds me of the era of great sneaker design

You know what’s funny is during the first 3 decades Nike created all the classics and like since 2000 haven’t really created very many new models that you can say are/will be a classic. Retro air maxes from 30 years ago sell better than brand new sneakers with all the design technology of today. Just an interesting thought

AE7F9775-FC55-4C99-AF61-C2DFFA702E06.png Look at how much better sneakers were in the 90s lol. I don’t remember these , not Tennis of course. But just reminds me of the era of great sneaker design
While I wouldn't get these, I like the look of these. What I love about the kicks from that era are the panels/layers and a robust midsole. Nowadays it's a lot of one-piece Flyknit uppers without many overlapping layers. While this may be better from a performance point-of-view, I personally don't care much for that look.

While I wouldn't get these, I like the look of these. What I love about the kicks from that era are the panels/layers and a robust midsole. Nowadays it's a lot of one-piece Flyknit uppers without many overlapping layers. While this may be better from a performance point-of-view, I personally don't care much for that look.

exactly why I love the Jordan 2, 3, and 4

Didn't know they retroing these.

I remember somebody on NT posted their OG's awhile back. Coppin

I am surprised that he said he wasn’t an Agassi fan? How is that possible? Also surprised he didn’t mention the eyelets are grey again but he’s definitely not into the history of it. It’s cool that he reviewed the shoe though. It’s funny how he said the materials are trash, not that he’s wrong. It is just synthetic stuff but I love how they turned out. The tongue is too long though.

I knew guys back then who weren't Agassi fans but knew about his "pink sneakers". At the end of the day, tennis is more of a niche sport than say, basketball or whatever, especially in North America, I think. Perhaps tennis was more mainstream in Europe. Anyway, he usually does good reviews, but I was slightly disappointed that he got the "other OG colorway" wrong. i guess he was thinking of the Tarts?

I am surprised that he said he wasn’t an Agassi fan? How is that possible? Also surprised he didn’t mention the eyelets are grey again but he’s definitely not into the history of it. It’s cool that he reviewed the shoe though. It’s funny how he said the materials are trash, not that he’s wrong. It is just synthetic stuff but I love how they turned out. The tongue is too long though.

He's just not into the sport of tennis, but I agree, it was hard not to love Agassi during that time. He was good and he exuded coolness. Plus, he was entertaining with the crowd. A golden age of tennis.

I knew guys back then who weren't Agassi fans but knew about his "pink sneakers". At the end of the day, tennis is more of a niche sport than say, basketball or whatever, especially in North America, I think. Perhaps tennis was more mainstream in Europe. Anyway, he usually does good reviews, but I was slightly disappointed that he got the "other OG colorway" wrong. i guess he was thinking of the Tarts?

Agassi made tennis huge, especially in the U.S. It’s obviously not more popular than baseball, basketball, and football but when he played everyone watched. He had kids that were into other sports like basketball watching him and they would wear his shoes. I know he was my personal inspiration that’s for sure. He was definitely our Michael Jordan of tennis. Yea when Nightwing thought the photo blue was an og colorway that was surprising. He also said he didn’t get them in 2014 and didn’t mention the 2016 pair but he does have great shoe reviews.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom